Shackell's reaction to Wassall

North_Stand_Ram

1 minute ago, cannable said:

It was for half a season this year and it was boring as fook!

Given the choice I would prefer a back four of Wisdom, Keogh, Shackell & Warnock to what we have now. Those who say the game has changed in the last 10 years and you need attacking full (or wing if you prefer) backs are confirming that the midfield and forward players aren't good enough offensively (that's all 6 of them!)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Given the choice I would prefer a back four of Wisdom, Keogh, Shackell & Warnock to what we have now. Those who say the game has changed in the last 10 years and you need attacking full (or wing if you prefer) backs are confirming that the midfield and forward players aren't good enough offensively (that's all 6 of them!)

do you not think that having full backs who are better going forward than they are at defending perhaps contributed to being unable to defending a 3 goal lead?

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

You're taking the response out of context though. You asked a simple question, and got a simple answer, then proceeded to extrapolate.

I was responding to someone saying 'we need more winners like Shackell' and I couldn't disagree more. So was intrigued to see why someone may be on Shackell's side despite his uninterested performances this season and now unprofessionalism at a difficult time for the club.

Some people even want him captain! 

Not taken out of context at all.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

do you not think that having full backs who are better going forward than they are at defending perhaps contributed to being unable to defending a 3 goal lead?

You could argue that those same fullbacks contributed to establishing the 3-0 lead in the first instance. In my opinion, losing the lead was down to removing the defensive cover in front of the back four when it wasn't necessary. I accept that taking Thorne off due to a lack of match fitness was understandable but replacing him with Hanson could have meant little or no change to the formation.

6 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

You could argue that those same fullbacks contributed to establishing the 3-0 lead in the first instance. In my opinion, losing the lead was down to removing the defensive cover in front of the back four when it wasn't necessary. I accept that taking Thorne off due to a lack of match fitness was understandable but replacing him with Hanson could have meant little or no change to the formation.

as I say earlier in the thread. If we had used ALL subs, then Thorne got SENT OFF, leaving us with 10 men, we should have still seen off Rotherham. I am not buying it that Thorne leaving the field is equal to conceding 3 in 10 minutes. Unless of course we concede 27 goals per game when he doesn't play! 

May I also had, he hasn't played every game lately.

3 minutes ago, Casio said:

I was responding to someone saying 'we need more winners like Shackell' and I couldn't disagree more. So was intrigued to see why someone may be on Shackell's side despite his uninterested performances this season and now unprofessionalism at a difficult time for the club.

Some people even want him captain! 

Not taken out of context at all.

You took my response out of context. You asked the question, is Shackell a winner?

Which he is, not many of the current team have been promoted as a regular first team player - only him and Bradley Johnson out of the first 11 on Saturday.

No mention of the rest of it.

However, now you mention it - uninterested? I think not. Unprofessional, yes, but maybe he was as angry as the fans at DW for throwing away 3 goals and 2 points. Totally understandable.

There are bigger problems afoot than one player not acknowledging the fans.

Molehill =/= Mountain

22 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

That's because we insist on playing wingers who can't beat a player or cross the ball!

Who are you thinking of as being wingers because to me, Camara is the only genuine winger in the squad and he's hardly had a sniff since he got here.

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

You took my response out of context. You asked the question, is Shackell a winner?

Which he is, not many of the current team have been promoted as a regular first team player - only him and Bradley Johnson out of the first 11 on Saturday.

This literally means nothing.

How many players in the Bournemouth squad that went up last season had experience of promotion? It's utter rubbish to say, 'only players who have gone up before know and can handle the pressure of going up'.  How many Leicester players have experience competing for the top four or title in the top tier?

I'd argue a team that is together is more valuable than having players who have been promoted somewhere once before. I may have taken it out of context I just get wound up how the players are rarely ever accountable its always MM or DW's fault. Yes, its not great but a player should never have attitude like that to his boss. If I or any of you did that at work, how would it go down with colleagues and your boss? He's making a bad situation worse in my eyes. 

14 minutes ago, Casio said:

This literally means nothing.

How many players in the Bournemouth squad that went up last season had experience of promotion? It's utter rubbish to say, 'only players who have gone up before know and can handle the pressure of going up'.  How many Leicester players have experience competing for the top four or title in the top tier?

I'd argue a team that is together is more valuable than having players who have been promoted somewhere once before. I may have taken it out of context I just get wound up how the players are rarely ever accountable its always MM or DW's fault. Yes, its not great but a player should never have attitude like that to his boss. If I or any of you did that at work, how would it go down with colleagues and your boss? He's making a bad situation worse in my eyes. 

Once again, you've gone completely off the thread of what I was saying.. You asked a simple question, and you've now over analysed my simple answer. I get it, you don't like Jason Shackell.

That, and you've only quoted half of what I said to fit your agenda.

Why are you trying to put words in my mouth? 

'only players who have gone up before know and can handle the pressure of going up'

Where on earth did I even allude to this let alone say it. How does having experience count for nothing? Might as well send the kids out if that's what you believe.

14 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Once again, you've gone completely off the thread of what I was saying.. You asked a simple question, and you've now over analysed my simple answer. I get it, you don't like Jason Shackell.

That, and you've only quoted half of what I said to fit your agenda.

Why are you trying to put words in my mouth? 

Where on earth did I even allude to this let alone say it. How does having experience count for nothing? Might as well send the kids out if that's what you believe.

The original post I was responding to said, we need more players like this, he is a winner.

I said in what way is he a winner? The response I got was he has been promoted to the premier league.

I pointed out that their are loads of players who have been promoted to the prem however, it would be a ridiculous stretch to refer to them as winners. 

Experience counts yes, but you highlighted that B. Johnson and Shacks are our only players to get promoted, if your not stating that these players are more of the players we need to be successful then I don't understand your point? . I just don't subscribe to the argument that being promoted before means your more likely to be a better player as a number of factors effect how a team performs. One of the main ones is club harmony and respect. Shackell and I suspect quite a few players in our team lack respect for those in charge. 

5 minutes ago, Casio said:

The original post I was responding to said, we need more players like this, he is a winner.

I said in what way is he a winner? The response I got was he has been promoted to the premier league.

I pointed out that their are loads of players who have been promoted to the prem however, it would be a ridiculous stretch to refer to them as winners. 

Experience counts yes, but you highlighted that B. Johnson and Shacks are our only players to get promoted, if your not stating that these players are more of the players we need to be successful then I don't understand your point? . I just don't subscribe to the argument that being promoted before means your more likely to be a better player as a number of factors effect how a team performs. One of the main ones is club harmony and respect. Shackell and I suspect quite a few players in our team lack respect for those in charge. 

There wasn't a point beyond a statement of fact. Stop trying to look for one. You asked the question, I answered it. 

Shackell needs to grow up. With cracks appearing left right and centre the last thing we need are particularly public displays of petulance from so-called senior pros. Whatever his opinion, right or wrong, he could have made it known in private instead of flouncing off and leaving the other lads to face the fans. Wassall made mistakes IMO but that has nothing to do with those fans who travelled to the game. Bucko may not be as accomplished a CH as Shackell but he could teach him a thing or two about commitment and loyalty. 

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

Clap the fans and you get booed, don't clap and you're showing no respect to the fans.

I don't care that Shackell told Wassall whatever he told him, neither do I care that he stormed down the tunnel. I imagine he was furious with himself and his team mates as much as anything having been part of a defence that collapsed so spectacularly.

In the heat of the moment in football lots of things happen that with the benefit of hindsight we might do differently. And if Shackell blames part of that collapse on Wassall, so be it.

Get it aired, get over it and get on with it.

All I care about is Shackell playing on Saturday and having a stormer.

Archived