Billy Davies "can't wait" for Billy Davies to return to football management

Inglorius

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Bring him back. Put him in a cage suspended above the south stand.

The little ******** already shat on us once, I'm not keen on giving him the opportunity to do it again.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

For all those slating Billy, don't forget, he did what he was told to do, get us promoted no matter what....and he did....and it was amazing... With a team that wouldn't get anywhere near the first team that Stevie took to Wembley..What came after, well lots of mistakes were made by a lot of people, including sacking him.

and as I said..bring back Billy.!

...it was a wee bit more complicated than "sacking him", and he had already completely and totally destroyed us by then.

Truly the worst performance by a manager I've ever seen at the professional level, we can keep pointing back and going, "but he got us promoted!", but he did far more than just that. If Billy had just resigned after Wembley maybe his memory here wouldn't be tainted. 

There's also no point pretending that he was a complete and total miracle manager for this level either. He's good at getting teams going, but his created McClaren level chokers at Forest, and well... clubs certainly seem to be lining up for him don't they? 

To be completely honest, if you offered me Billy Davies managing for £1 per year or a sack of potatoes on Clement's wage packet, I'd still take the potatoes, they'd at least not make our club a laughing stock in front of the whole world again. 

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Are you Billy Davies' mum?For all those slating Billy, don't forget, he did what he was told to do, get us promoted no matter what....and he did....and it was amazing... With a team that wouldn't get anywhere near the first team that Stevie took to Wembley..What came after, well lots of mistakes were made by a lot of people, including sacking him.

and as I said..bring back Billy.!

Are you Billy Davies' mum?

The fact that not even the smaller Scottish clubs are sniffing around him should tell us all that we need to know.

The 'Whispering' campaign that he eludes to can hardly be a surprise to anyone who ever worked with him.

In all walks of industry, if you are 'poison', then word soon spreads around and eventually, no one will touch you.

The man has made himself virtually unemployable !  

I love the level of exaggeration here.

Billy did NO harm to Derby.

Yes he was poisonous, but it was very convenient to blame him for the shortcomings of Jewell, Clough, Gadsby, Pearson and anyone else for a few years after.

Sure, he blew money on Claude, but that was going rate in the Premier League and Billy had nothing to do with the amount paid.

31 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Why would you ever want to be promoted watching a Billy Davies team again? It was ******* crap. 

I'd take 2/3/4 years in the Champ playing some decent stuff over a promotion season under him. 

It was like watching us under Clement :ph34r: but he didn't have as good players

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Yes he was poisonous, but it was very convenient to blame him for the shortcomings of Jewell, Clough, Gadsby, Pearson and anyone else for a few years after.

Sure, he blew money on Claude, but that was going rate in the Premier League and Billy had nothing to do with the amount paid.

Cuckoo

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Why would you ever want to be promoted watching a Billy Davies team again? It was ******* crap. 

I'd take 2/3/4 years in the Champ playing some decent stuff over a promotion season under him. 

again, changing history. Some of the games that promotion season were brilliant. Giles Barnes, Lupoli and even John Stead running rings around. It dipped a bit after Fagan and Teale came in, but some games were really good.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

again, changing history. Some of the games that promotion season were brilliant. Giles Barnes, Lupoli and even John Stead running rings around. It dipped a bit after Fagan and Teale came in, but some games were really good.

His biggest mistake in the transfer market was not signing Stead, said it at the time, said it again watching Fagan half-arse his way round the pitch, and again when performances dropped as did we out of the top 2. The period when he was in the the team we did look quite good at times and we did score some brilliant, individual goals, Barnes against Cardiff, Colchester and Sunderland, Lupoli against Colchester Jones against Wendys.

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

He did no harm to Derby? Dear oh dear. 

It was a great season under Billy. Some truly great days out cumulating in the best of the lot at Wembley. 

It wasn't all 1-0 wins you know and I tell you for sure, he wouldn't have gone to Wolves and QPR this season with this squad and come back with zero points.!

33 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

He did no harm to Derby? Dear oh dear. 

Genuinely DEL, tell me what harm, actual HARM Billy did to Derby. 

I won't accept signings, as he was hamstrung by lack of funds and had to buy players, his budget was about the same as what Sunderland spent on Gordon and Kenwyne Jones. He endured a change of owner. Gained promotion without an assistant. His promotion perhaps kept the club in business.

1 hour ago, emjlc02 said:

It was like watching us under Clement :ph34r: but he didn't have as good players

Exactly why I'm not that fussed about us parting ways. Harsh but I like good football. I should be an Arsenal fan. 

44 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not really, the style of play whilst very effective wasn't very pretty on the eye in the main. Sure there were some cracking games but to analyse it over a full season I thought we were very workman like with the odd bit of flair thrown in from players like you mention. Bywater-Moore-Oakley-Howard was the spine and from those 4 players alone you can gather how our style of play was. 

25 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

It was a great season under Billy. Some truly great days out cumulating in the best of the lot at Wembley. 

It wasn't all 1-0 wins you know and I tell you for sure, he wouldn't have gone to Wolves and QPR this season with this squad and come back with zero points.!

Colchester, Luton, Cardiff and Leeds were the only teams we beat by more than just one goal

Archived