Steve McClaren

BBG83

36 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Why wouldn't you want Pearson? I can 90% guarantee that if we got him as soon as Clement was sacked we would get promotion and survive the next season in the prem.

There are no guarantees in football. Also I'd prefer our manager not to grapple with opposing players, abuse our fans during the match and call the media names when told that the team has been praised for the football they were playing and not criticised. But hey he has the only manager that can get us promoted this season, such a shame we are so far out of the picture for promotion.:sleep:

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pearson and Schteve surely have too much baggage.

There is though a dark horse who has Pearson's toughness, promotion achievement and Premier League experience without being mental, and without a dubious son.

Just as Uncle Mel says he will make a summer decision, so does Tony Pulis avoid commiting himself to his final year at WBA.

Baseball caps with enormous peaks will be on our seats in August, compliments of Uncle Mel.

You read it here first.

14 minutes ago, Half fan said:

Pearson and Schteve surely have too much baggage.

There is though a dark horse who has Pearson's toughness, promotion achievement and Premier League experience without being mental, and without a dubious son.

Just as Uncle Mel says he will make a summer decision, so does Tony Pulis avoid commiting himself to his final year at WBA.

Baseball caps with enormous peaks will be on our seats in August, compliments of Uncle Mel.

You read it here first.

I do hope you are making this up. 

Mcclaren is a judas.

His Pr team, agent, himself, call it what you will engineered the newcastle move.

Notice how we didnt get any stories like that from any previous manager, or PC for example?

he was a cancer on our club.

We need someone who will grow into the role and help shape the club and work well with DW,SR,MM etc.

Never go back!

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Mel said he wouldn't appoint a manager of the ilk of Pulis, Big Sam, Billy Davies etc while there was a hole in his bottom.

I may be paraphrasing, but you get the drift.

Oo. Sounds a bit anal to me

I have a horrible feeling Morris has lined up Stimac. He's hell bent on pleasing the fans, even if that means he doesn't think things through properly.

Bit of a coincidence that Igor wrote to the fans now and not during any of the other dire periods since 2001.

Igor Stimac, no chance it will be an uproven manager . Mel won't take a gamble on another unproven manager . I know most think Rodgers is out of our league but he has not been linked with any other clubs. He may see us as the same challenge he had with Swansea. Fingers crossed

Just now, harryram said:

Igor Stimac, no chance it will be a proven manager . Mel won't take a gamble on another unproven manager . I know most think Rodgers is out of our league but he has not been linked with any other clubs. He may see us as the same challenge he had with Swansea. Fingers crossed

Make your mind up. 

S Mac came in did wonders after clough but then it all went tits up , judas , lost the dressing room??  Well we all got a view but for me looking at his record he seems great at a given time and produces great football when riding the wave of good form but there seems something lacking in his dna when his sides are in a sticky patch ,, seems to really struggle to see how to turn things round,,, is that just me that sees that? There was an interview after a loss with us where he just seemed stumped and almost admitted he didn't know what to do to turn things round

26 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

I have a horrible feeling Morris has lined up Stimac. He's hell bent on pleasing the fans, even if that means he doesn't think things through properly.

Bit of a coincidence that Igor wrote to the fans now and not during any of the other dire periods since 2001.

Bloody ell it's Sherlock Holmes.

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Why wouldn't you want Pearson? I can 90% guarantee that if we got him as soon as Clement was sacked we would get promotion and survive the next season in the prem.

I can think of plenty of reasons I wouldn't want Pearson , firstly his personality and attitude seem apauling. He seems to be getting a lot of plaudits for this seasons Leicester achievements,  which puzzles me , yeah a lot of the squad were his signings but his team just avoided relegation regardless of what manner they did it in . Also I can't think of many youth players he's nurtured in his time , schlupp maybe ?? And I think with the facilities and youth infrastructure we've got that has to be a major player in the next appointment.  

All in all if Pearson did get appointed we would probably have a better chance of promotion in the short term , but it would only be a short term fix and would bring unnecessary negative media that we don't need ! 

As for Mac that ships sailed ! Move on !

51 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Not in a million years.

You're also being highly selective with your memory. The day after we ousted the Amigos, on the pitch after Ted McMinn's testimonial, Igor made his famous 'unfinished business' speech.

Steve has had his time at Derby no point giving another crack. Mark Warburton is the one for me. I said nearly 8 months ago he was the perfect candidate to carry the team forward. A manager who is very well spoken and has excellent championship/ league 1 experience and he plays good football in the process, he did untold wonders with Brentford and found several real Gems (odubajo, diaguraga, jota, judge, pritchard) who put our frivolous purchases of Johnson and ince to shame such pathetic lightweights with no will or passion, Dave Mackay must be spinning in his grave.

Alas I am not a multi millionaire in charge of my boyhood club but Mel if you are reading or have your informants on the forum please for gods sake get on the next train to Glasgow and save us all.

I've never been that taken with Warburton tbh, one season at League one, one season at Championship.

On the face of it his record seems ok, but I wonder if his work at Brentford was down to the recruitment system they'd set up, as far as I understand it the recruitment they had was down to the owners software, not Warburton personally.

Done well at Rangers, but no better than I'd expect seeing as their budget must be 5x anyone else in that league.

7 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I am confident there will be funds available to the new manager in the summer.

I don't think Mel will be sweating about FFP anywhere as much as fans appear to be obsessed by those 3 letters.

I was under the impression all fees paid this year are split over 3 years, so 25 million is actually 8.3 million a year for 3 years. Not to mention FFP then splitting losses over 3 years.

My rough calculations would allow us one more season of going for it like we did this year before we needed to worry. I certainly don't expect us to spend 25 million, so anything under 10 million and we wouldn't need to worry a jot.

In my opinion of course.

I think @CornwallRam would be able to tell us more about the FFP situation, because he seems to have an accounting & finance background and seems to have spent time looking at the DCFC's books.

But from what I can gather from his posts, he made his (informal) projection based on the following three assumptions:

- DCFC stay down, which means that we neither get a share of the new TV money (from £99m up to £150m depending on position, according to an estimation made by ESPN) nor any parachute payment (65m over four years if DCFC face immediate relegation like the 2007-2008 season);

- We have a hard time moving the deadwood (hello Blackman, Weimann, Shotton, Baird, and Peace~) unless we are willing to make big price cuts, which we will be forced to make given other clubs know that (a) our squad is so bloated and (b) we overspent and have an urgent need to reclaim at least some money back;

- Ticket sale drops, because fans get frustrated after another season of disappointment (which is arguably even more severe than last one after so much money was spent).

We can debate all day about the likelihood of each of those assumptions to be true. And probably we get promoted or we are able to move deadwood without big losses (hello China~). We just need to know that all financial models including forecasts are done based on assumptions, and to me, those assumptions look pretty real.

And yes, CornwallRam's already taken the "installment" thing into consideration. The embargo scenario could well be the worst case scenario, like if we could not move one single deadwood out or if gate revenue dropped by a significant amount.

Again, I am not an accounting & finance expert so let's hope @CornwallRam chime in.

Despite his toe curling comments about the Newcastle job and his obvious cluelessness in his final couple of months, I was happy enough for SM to stay on as manager this season to try and fix things - but now he’s gone I wouldn’t want him back.

Many refer back to the football in 13/14 which was superb. But even before the great bottling, the performances in 14/15 weren’t that sparkling. Better than those under PC when he was winning - but not that much better. Then it all went **** and I think that last game against Reading was probably the worst performance I've seen since PJ’s time.

No thanks.

Archived