Steve McClaren

BBG83

46 minutes ago, Casio said:

I understand his point though... You can't go back in this case. A lot of the players who stopped playing for McClaren are still here. How do you think say Chris Martin will react if Scheve is re-appointed? 'He thought he was too good for us and now he's back after doing a bad job at Newcastle?'. It really would not be a good move on our part, especially with the amount of candidates there are in the market currently. We need to be a little more creative! 

Stopped playing for McClaren?

Is that another phrase for 'injured'?

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Duracell said:

Whether you think he needs to apologise for anything or not, take a look at the forum and tell me if it looks like he's got everyone on board...

I'm not taking sides, but just because you don't think Morris has done anything wrong, doesn't mean that a significant amount of others don't. I hope the owner is aware of this.

There's a big wide world outside this forum though and the Derby fans I come into contact with - mainly extended family members but some friends also - are generally a lot more laid back where Mel is concerned than many of those on here. I can only speak as I find.

Anyway, back to the point of the thread & I would accept McClaren back, however unlikely that may be.

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

Stopped playing for McClaren?

Is that another phrase for 'injured'?

Nope. Does everyone remember the quality back end of last season...

Just a history re-cap we had the most embarrassing fall down the league table once SM heard of Newcastle's interest. For anyone who thinks the Derby players would welcome him back with open arms after he turned his back on them mid season, I suggest think again.

9 minutes ago, Casio said:

Nope. Does everyone remember the quality back end of last season...

Just a history re-cap we had the most embarrassing fall down the league table once SM heard of Newcastle's interest. For anyone who thinks the Derby players would welcome him back with open arms after he turned his back on them mid season, I suggest think again.

Flying-Coffee-Cup.jpg

At least the 3-3 and 4-4 games had something about them - not the spineless capitulation we have seen since Christmas

Just now, Wolfie said:

There's a big wide world outside this forum though and the Derby fans I come into contact with - mainly extended family members but some friends also - are generally a lot more laid back where Mel is concerned than many of those on here. I can only speak as I find.

Anyway, back to the point of the thread & I would accept McClaren back, however unlikely that may be.

Well all I can say is I'm glad nobody has handed my dad a keyboard, this board is positively pro-Mel compared to him. And the people behind me in the East Stand reckon he shot JFK.

Think Muespach is spot on, there is a significant minority (and I agree with you that it's a minority) that needs winning over. His use of words in the immediate aftermath of the sacking of Paul Clement were clumsy and he seems to have generated more questions than were answered. The mood online seems wholeheartedly downbeat, and the atmosphere at Pride Park is flat - Mel Morris definitely has some brownie points to earn in the coming months.

29 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Well all I can say is I'm glad nobody has handed my dad a keyboard, this board is positively pro-Mel compared to him. And the people behind me in the East Stand reckon he shot JFK.

Think Muespach is spot on, there is a significant minority (and I agree with you that it's a minority) that needs winning over. His use of words in the immediate aftermath of the sacking of Paul Clement were clumsy and he seems to have generated more questions than were answered. The mood online seems wholeheartedly downbeat, and the atmosphere at Pride Park is flat - Mel Morris definitely has some brownie points to earn in the coming months.

That's got to hurt?

16 minutes ago, Casio said:

Playground football ain't the way to go!

Give over with your prattle. Playground football?

Were you actually enjoying the turgid (but sometimes effective) football under Clement? I didn't go to Fulham or Burnley - and believe me, for me to stop going to away matches over the fact that I wasn't being entertained, it has to be dreary stuff. I suppose you're one of these people for whom winning is everything, eh? Fair enough if that's what rocks your boat, but life's too short for that.

48 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Well all I can say is I'm glad nobody has handed my dad a keyboard

Rick Wakeman type, is he?

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Give over with your prattle. Playground football?

Were you actually enjoying the turgid (but sometimes effective) football under Clement? I didn't go to Fulham or Burnley - and believe me, for me to stop going to away matches over the fact that I wasn't being entertained, it has to be dreary stuff. I suppose you're one of these people for whom winning is everything, eh? Fair enough if that's what rocks your boat, but life's too short for that.

I actually went to the 4 - 4 away at Huddersfield you mentioned and yeah while it was great on the day, I ain't happy now a season later. Derby can be playing exciting football and all the rest of it (like under George Burley, wait theres an idea... new thread!) but this year more than ever watching teams go up into the premier league, they have a chance as in my opinion the quality of our top division has been diminishing for quite a while.

And yes, winning is important. I'm of the age where I didn't live through the 70's and the glory years, my glory years are the 90's under Jim Smith and I was about 8/9 when that was going on. For most of my life I have supported a side who are average. Would be nice now I can smell some success that we take the team seriously, as for once we do seem to have a chairman who will back a manager with cash. Don't want to waste this opportunity as it won't last forever.

Pearson is currently going through what I'd call the 'Pulis post-Palace' phase where his reputation increases exponentially the longer he stays out of work.

Some Derby fans would have you believe Man City have made a massive balls up by going for Pep over him.

The man is a nutcase and the only thing he guarantees is a big headache, not promotion.

Archived