Holloway!

Derbados

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/32817/10171043/ollies-predictions-brentford-v-derby-cardiff-v-brighton-preston-v-sheffield-wednesday

Brentford v Derby, Saturday 3pm

Where do you start with Derby? My advice to the chairman is: don't go in the dressing room and have a go at the players. They haven't won since that. It was a draw at home to Reading, is that such a bad result?

Brentford don't look the same this season. They have lost their midfield security after selling Toumani Diagouraga. This time last year they had Jonathan Douglas and Diagouraga and now they have Josh McEachran from Chelsea and he doesn't provide the same protection. They have started to leak goals, which is not good.

Surely Derby have to pick up now? Are they going to capitulate? They have to find the spirit. I am sick of players blaming managers - they have to find the spirit within the group and use decisions and goals that go against you to make you stronger. I don't see them doing that, so the jury is out on them.

They have to start winning now but it's a very tough fixture for them. I just can't see Derby getting anything.

OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-1 (Sky Bet odds 9/1)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olly used to be a pleasant novelty in small doses when he was a manager. Now he just doing the job he's paid; talking shiz non stop to sky sports and talksports numpties. He can be ignored or turned down. There's worse offenders out there. 

Imagine a programme with Steve Evans, Olly, Barry Fry, Davros.

Alan Partridge once said 'dead air is a crime'. In this case, I disagree. 

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

He is a **** and he hates derby and us derby fans

I remmber last season at rotherham we all chanting olly is a ****** and he truly is.

Thats awful mate.

i can't believe i've read such a hurtful hurtful nasty terrible hurtful thing.

His statements are contradictory.

"I am sick of players blaming managers - they have to find the spirit within the group and use decisions and goals that go against you to make you stronger."

So, in Holloway's world players should work harder themselves and not blame the manager, but apparently they are welcome to capitulate just because the evil chairman has given them an earful.

9 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

So do I.

Mel Morris shouldn't underestimate the damage he did on that night.In my opinion man, if not all the playing staff lost respect for him then.

Then sell the fragile little princesses and bring me some men who don't wilt or turn petulant at the slightest criticism. The way some people want our players coddled makes me miss the no nonsense management of Clough, where controlling the ball with the outside of your foot was enough to get you transfer listed.

1 minute ago, Anon said:

The sell the fragile little princesses and bring me some men who don't wilt or turn petulant at the slightest criticism. The way some people want our players coddled makes me miss the no nonsense management of Clough, where controlling the ball with the outside of your foot was enough to get you transfer listed.

...or sent back to wherever you came from......:lol:

10 hours ago, Anon said:

His statements are contradictory.

"I am sick of players blaming managers - they have to find the spirit within the group and use decisions and goals that go against you to make you stronger."

So, in Holloway's world players should work harder themselves and not blame the manager, but apparently they are welcome to capitulate just because the evil chairman has given them an earful.

Metal tends to get twisted in a car crash - and that's what the club appears to be to outsiders at least.

15 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

But how goes after us game after game i have notice he does not to anyone else.

This is utter rubbish. He's actually predicted us to win for most of the season, including tipping us to beat Leeds (x2), Forest, MK Dons and Preston, from which we've collected 1 point. 

He's absolutely bang on about Mel's dressing room rant. Mel isn't a manager, he doesn't know how to set up a team to win, it's not his job to berate/motivate the players on a match day. Forget this "he's the owner" rubbish, this isn't a run of the mill company, where the aim is to make as much stuff/money as possible, this is a football club, where the product is ultimately points on the board, and unlike a standard owner managed business, he's not the best person to know how best to do that.

He's just as much a stakeholder as all of us, we all have a vested interest in the club and want it do well. Is he about to let some of us go into the dressing room and start gobbing off? 

Even the idiot owner of Cardff didn't do the dressing room fiasco, meddling chairman are not good for football, undermine the coach / Manager and  once that has been done, its curtains. [that is not a roll call for you]

Coach's past and present know its damaging to a club.

Holloway is a clever bloke, who would I prefer in charge right now, Holloway or Wassall?

Archived