Derbados

1 hour ago, 11carl00 said:

Taken from WhoScored, our positional stats for the season suggest differently:

35% Left hand side

26% middle

38% right hand side

Shows perfectly how much he knows about us

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/20/Statistics/England-Derby

Well I'm a Derby fans and I would say we tend to play out best going through the middle using Martin as our focal point.

Not really sure what 'positional stats' are?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Holloway doesn't dislike us, he's purposely controversial and it seems that to be a Sky Sports pundit you have to follow this strict rule. Redknapp/Henry/Souness - they're all the same.

The purposely spout garbage in order to draw debate. By saying the logical things, they aren't really creating anything newsworthy therefore people wouldn't read it.

Who in their right mind would predict Bristol City to beat Derby. Last weekend, he predicted Sheffield Wednesday to beat Middlesbrough. Have you seen Wednesday's away record?

Logic pointed to home wins on both occasions, but logic doesn't attract debate.

Holloway's prediction for Boro vs Derby is pretty much what I'd go with, but the way he says it purposely draws debate. Deep down I bet he doesn't believe what he is saying.

A bit like the forum, it is only opinions. It would be rather dull without them.......

On 12/31/2015 at 14:43, Mostyn6 said:

cannot understand why people are being so pissy and sensitive about this. Go and have a look at the prediction thread, and all the doom and gloom "if Shackell is out, we are doomed!" type comments.

Never seen such neagtivity since the summer of 2013....

29 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Never seen such neagtivity since the summer of 2013....

We have been pathetic this season - and we've not won a single game in 2016, and Hull are catching us up.

Where's my razor blades?

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Not quite so obvious to some on this thread who were accusing him of bias and not knowing what he was going on about...

Well they were wrong, like Holloway was v Bristol City, hardly a disaster this result though, took a gamble and it didn't pay off, 21 games left...

• 3 weeks later...

Holloway - " There is a clear weakness in the Derby defence - they've got a soft underbelly and I'm not sure they've got enough cover in that area. Jason Shackell is a fantastic player, but Derby concede goals that a team like Middlesbrough or even Hull wouldn't concede - in big games too. Have they got the mentality of champions? That's their Achilles heel. Remember the play-off final and Bobby Zamora? Derby were the better team on the day, with the better stats, but still lost. With a man advantage they threw it away with a defensive mistake. Does that mean their manager was rubbish? Of course not. He's managed England! "

Defence is literally our strongest area right now and most teams would kill to have players like Pearce and Buxton as cover. :ermm:

Archived