Holloway!

Derbados

13 hours ago, Diag Ram said:

This is utter rubbish. He's actually predicted us to win for most of the season, including tipping us to beat Leeds (x2), Forest, MK Dons and Preston, from which we've collected 1 point. 

He's absolutely bang on about Mel's dressing room rant. Mel isn't a manager, he doesn't know how to set up a team to win, it's not his job to berate/motivate the players on a match day. Forget this "he's the owner" rubbish, this isn't a run of the mill company, where the aim is to make as much stuff/money as possible, this is a football club, where the product is ultimately points on the board, and unlike a standard owner managed business, he's not the best person to know how best to do that.

He's just as much a stakeholder as all of us, we all have a vested interest in the club and want it do well. Is he about to let some of us go into the dressing room and start gobbing off? 

Forget this " HE IS THE OWNER RUBBISH ". At last somebody has said it & boy was it the right thing to say. We all own the club in different ways. Our Chairman needs to wake up to that fact & soon.

There's only one thing more dangerous than having a Chairman with little money to invest, & that's having a Chairman who has loads of money to spend & thinks he can run a football like very successful businesses he's created. Footballs all very different Mel I'm afraid as your discovering.

Excellent comments above by the way Diag Ram & all totally correct.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think Plymouthram had it nailed. Holloway will mostly just tip either clubs in form or clubs hugely higher up the league table than their opponents for a result. Although that approach will make hime right more times than wrong, at least till form changes....

That being said I also think Mel's 'intervention' wasn't a good idea in the slightest for Derby's form.

6 hours ago, TETRA said:

Forget this " HE IS THE OWNER RUBBISH ". At last somebody has said it & boy was it the right thing to say. We all own the club in different ways. Our Chairman needs to wake up to that fact & soon.

There's only one thing more dangerous than having a Chairman with little money to invest, & that's having a Chairman who has loads of money to spend & thinks he can run a football like very successful businesses he's created. Footballs all very different Mel I'm afraid as your discovering.

Excellent comments above by the way Diag Ram & all totally correct.

Apart from the fact that the dressing room incident was not just going in and berating the players. It was going in and telling the whole group that the performance was not acceptable.

If I was Mel, I'd be tempted to string Holloway along for the Derby job and pull the rug last minute. 

I genuinely can't see how Mel going into the dressing room would have an affect on the players one way or another. What's more damning: the fans booing the players at half-time and full-time every game for the past 4-5 or so matches or Mel having a little rant a few games ago? 

If I was upset because some mean old man had ago at me and it stopped me from doing my job, I would just cut my testicles off and throw them in the bin. 

On 19 February 2016 at 13:11, Diag Ram said:

This is utter rubbish. He's actually predicted us to win for most of the season, including tipping us to beat Leeds (x2), Forest, MK Dons and Preston, from which we've collected 1 point. 

He's absolutely bang on about Mel's dressing room rant. Mel isn't a manager, he doesn't know how to set up a team to win, it's not his job to berate/motivate the players on a match day. Forget this "he's the owner" rubbish, this isn't a run of the mill company, where the aim is to make as much stuff/money as possible, this is a football club, where the product is ultimately points on the board, and unlike a standard owner managed business, he's not the best person to know how best to do that.

He's just as much a stakeholder as all of us, we all have a vested interest in the club and want it do well. Is he about to let some of us go into the dressing room and start gobbing off? 

Ah I really feel sorry for those poor little lambs quivering in the dressing room when the owner goes in to and has a little rant. Bless. Jeez if any were upset they should grow a pair. Pathetic. 

• 5 months later...

Archived