Who would you appoint next season?

DarkFruitsRam7

Who would you appoint next season?  

318 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

In answer to your question: No. Obviously intolerance and myopic intolerance is abhorrent in any aspect of life. Just because there are probably loads of football people (and you can include atheists too as this isn't a religious only topic) it doesn't make it right.

i do understand what you're saying but if someone had to be coached what is and what isn't acceptable to say, I really question their marbles. Some idiots are lucky and there irrational thoughts don't spew out in the media so their unintelligence about the bare basics is off the main radar. But just like if one of my friends uttered that type of rhetoric, then I don't want them in my life. Similarly, if Adam Smith, Tom Hopper, James Pearson, Adam Johnson or John Terry et al sign for Derby, then they'll get no support from me.

Just because 'football' is happy to accommodate it, doesn't mean that I, or 1000s of other Derby fans, are.

A good friend of mine says some appalling things sometimes but i know him better than to judge him harshly for it, his actions are what speak volumes about his character.  i too utter outrageously hateful stuff at times, in fact most of the time i make the mistake to sit down and watch the mainstream media news.  If your friendship is on condition of politically correct statements at all times, eventually you will be friendless.  Oh and you speak only for yourself, not thousands of Derby fans.

Happily though, i did gain something from reading your post, i learned a new word, unintelligence.

2 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Yeah but he has refused an extension to his contract, he is free to come at the end of the season.

Doesn't mean he will want to come to us though ! Playing champions league football and winning the league in Russia!  To championship football ! Would we even want it ? We've been down the "European " style of football route and it really didn't suit us or the league ! 

3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Doesn't mean he will want to come to us though ! Playing champions league football and winning the league in Russia!  To championship football ! Would we even want it ? We've been down the "European " style of football route and it really didn't suit us or the league ! 

Keep the faith, we will playing in the Prem next season.

10 hours ago, toddy said:

What about Glenn Hoddle, played the game, knows the game, coached some of the best in the game?

His thoughts about disabled people suffering bad karma for sins in a previous lifetime, plus me having a sister who has had a severe stroke and a grandson who is severely autistic definitely makes him my number one choice...

Spoiler

to be crossing the road directly behind me while I am reversing a Centurion tank

7 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I missed that DEL - was this around the time he was seen watching one of our matches?

It all fits.

He must have been the bugger at Moor Farm who ate all the bacon and sausages just before the Breakfast Club convened.

48 minutes ago, ramit said:

A good friend of mine says some appalling things sometimes but i know him better than to judge him harshly for it, his actions are what speak volumes about his character.  i too utter outrageously hateful stuff at times, in fact most of the time i make the mistake to sit down and watch the mainstream media news.  If your friendship is on condition of politically correct statements at all times, eventually you will be friendless.  Oh and you speak only for yourself, not thousands of Derby fans.

Happily though, i did gain something from reading your post, i learned a new word, unintelligence.

A new word. That's a decent Monday then eh. 

I didn't say I was speaking for or on behalf of Derby fans. I actually inferred that 1000s would also hold non racist, non homophobic views or have prejudices against disabled folk. Which I imagine is very much true. 

No problem with friends, even at my age. And we all know when we see unintelligent behaviour. Their words are their actions. Like John Terry's racism, James Pearson's racism and misogyny or Hoddle's rant about the disabled.

7 hours ago, Anon said:

The following is all moot because he's been away from the senior game for way too long, 

He's been away with the fairies if you ask me.

Bobby Martinez? The toffees are not happy and i think he'd buy into the Derby way. Depends on Everton sacking him when Steve McClaren becomes available, obviously.

As for Hoodle, nah as manager.

As for Hoodle's infamous remarks, they managed to be deeply offensive as well as showing how little he understood the belief system he was espousing. Faiths based on reincarnation are all well and good and no better or worse than the jeebus or Allah, and all are somewhere in them trying to find reason and truth and justice (etc). Hoodle seemed to think karma made disabled people somehow "lesser" which is perverse.

30 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

A new word. That's a decent Monday then eh. 

I didn't say I was speaking for or on behalf of Derby fans. I actually inferred that 1000s would also hold non racist, non homophobic views or have prejudices against disabled folk. Which I imagine is very much true. 

No problem with friends, even at my age. And we all know when we see unintelligent behaviour. Their words are their actions. Like John Terry's racism, James Pearson's racism and misogyny or Hoddle's rant about the disabled.

Look, i don't even know what Hoddle said that was so horrible and maybe it was abhorrent in every way, but i maintain my point that talk is cheap and it's this virtual criminalizing of stupid outbursts that i find distasteful and even socially dangerous.  i believe everyone has the right to be a narrow minded egocentric intolerant ass at times without being forever branded for it.  If we dislike intolerance then it is hypocrisy to be intolerant towards it.  i dislike homophobia, racism and the like, but i will not condemn such talk for then i am doing exactly the same thing, judging people for narrowly specified reasons.

16 minutes ago, ramit said:

Look, i don't even know what Hoddle said that was so horrible and maybe it was abhorrent in every way, but i maintain my point that talk is cheap and it's this virtual criminalizing of stupid outbursts that i find distasteful and even socially dangerous.  i believe everyone has the right to be a narrow minded egocentric intolerant ass at times without being forever branded for it.  If we dislike intolerance then it is hypocrisy to be intolerant towards it.  i dislike homophobia, racism and the like, but i will not condemn such talk for then i am doing exactly the same thing, judging people for narrowly specified reasons.

Yes, everyone has the right to be a narrow minded egocentric intolerant ass. But to dislike homophobia, racism and the like isn't intolerant or hypocritical. 

Anyway, any thoughts on next manager? And you can't have Big Ron ;)

5 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Anyway, any thoughts on next manager? And you can't have Big Ron ;)

Pearson could probably do a job on the fellas and i do feel that at times they need that, but my main preference if all were available would be Eddie Howe or Big Sam.

6 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Eddie Howe is never gonna leave Bournemouth for us, he's probably keeping them up and is a hero there, not a chance we'll get him. 

Exactly. 

Archived