Who would you appoint next season?

DarkFruitsRam7

Who would you appoint next season?  

318 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He is on gardening leave so cannot be appointed until the summer. 

Is it not possible to get him to give the remaining portion of his pay off back to LCFC and we give him the same amount to start immediately, or even for us to reimburse LCFC direct? Is there a precedent for this?

53 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I don't see why Gary Rowett would be considered a candidate for The managers position.

When we look at past players or people connected with Derby who have gone on to manage Derby and see the names, Colin Todd, Roy McFarland, John Gregory, Steve McLaren, Nigel Clough (from he top of my head) you realise that these types of names don't bring success, in fact they just end up tainting an otherwise legendary name, such as Colin Todd and Clough. McLaren almost broke that mould.

Okay so Dave McKay didn't do too bad I suppose.

When I look at the 3 periods of success I can recall in my lifetime we have Billy Davies, Jim Smith and Arthur Cox, 3 people with no previous connections and people who weren't daunted by our fans, 'The Derby Way' or previous failures.

The most successful period in our time was under Brian Clough, again a man with no previous connections to Derby.

Rowett isn't the way to go for me, I'd like someone with no previous connections to Derby and before any one says it, I want them to have more managerial experience (not coaching) than Clement.

If I could end the season now with nothing so we can start the new chapter I would do it.

If Dave Mackay 'didn't do too bad' then you're going to be very, very disappointed over the next few years MRiG, whoever we get

6 hours ago, trevor1946 said:

Are we having a Manager or Head Coach. Recruitment is key for the club.

How can we have a debate  if we don't know what system we are operating.

Surly at the moment it is, director of football with Head Coach. ,

Daveo, do you want to be manager or head coach?

Still beating Wassall by a couple of votes...

The poll is a bit devastating for DW

3% want DW

Maybe a win will help but if thats remotely representative then it will be difficult for him to hold on to the position.

To be fair I don't think we can really judge DW too deeply, Clement has trained all the positives out of this team. He's got a fairly sizable task to get a tune out of this group on limited experience. I prefer his team selections over Clement so far anyway.

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

To be fair I don't think we can really judge DW too deeply, Clement has trained all the positives out of this team. He's got a fairly sizable task to get a tune out of this group on limited experience. I prefer his team selections over Clement so far anyway.

Even Russell starting every game?

1 hour ago, KBB said:

Even Russell starting every game?

We know he's better than what he's showing, don't think he should start atm no but still prefer the team overall. Brought back youngsters and the original core more to the forefront. Got Martin scoring again at least.

Voted other as I think Michael Laudrup would be a good fit here should we get promotion. Prem experience with a bottom half team doing well at Swansea and seems to be well respected. Favours an attacking style which should mean he has no qualms with 'the Derby way' and his experiences and reputation as a player could possibly help to inspire our lads. He's also currently unemployed so to me it would a perfect fit, ignoring the fact he is Danish (being half Danish I have an affinity towards all Danish figures in the English game - hence my picture). Only problem would be that he's tipped to become the new Denmark boss when Olsen inevitably retires, boo hiss

It's got to be mark warburton , I watched a Rangers team destroy a premiership team yesterday and they were a joy to watch , football played the Derby way as Mel puts it and players costing nothing to do so , I know Scottish football is poor but he played the same way with Brentford and is a manager going places , for me he's the stand out candidate 

Just now, valleyram said:

It's got to be mark warburton , I watched a Rangers team destroy a premiership team yesterday and they were a joy to watch , football played the Derby way as Mel puts it and players costing nothing to do so , I know Scottish football is poor but he played the same way with Brentford and is a manager going places , for me he's the stand out candidate 

I don't think he'd leave them to us. 

Logically, if it was going to be someone out of work- such as Pearson or Moyes they'd be in the position now. I know Rodgers has said he wants the season off- so he would be a slight possibility.

Therefore, if not Wassell it has to reasonably assumed that the person Mel wants is in a job already. I'd agree that Rangers in the Scottish Premiership would probably be too compelling a challenge for Warburton for him to leave at the end of the season. He has the opportunity to achieve legend status at Ibrox if he can win the league there ahead of Celtic.

So, continuing the logic argument Rowett would seem very likely at the end of the season if Brum don't go up, or some other coach/manager perhaps even from abroad that nobody has considered.

Archived