Who would you appoint next season?

DarkFruitsRam7

Who would you appoint next season?  

318 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 3 March 2016 at 21:40, tomsdubs said:

Warburton, Pearson or Rodgers. Any of these three I won't grumble. Rowett would 100% take this job if offered, still lives local I was told by someone close... Not sure how Rowett would do with this side, not seem him at a big club with lots of cash before and it's a very different dynamic.

I don't think he'll get lots of cash or actually needs lots of cash.

It seems to be coaching, team strategies and man management that we most need - and that's what he or A N Other will be employed for. There's lots of good squads in the championship with potential to get promoted and Derby's in one of them. 

Im sure there's wiggle room for some minor tinkering or one big(ish) signing but not necessarily required. The onus to use what we've got, including the youth options, will be enough to entice some managers but those wanting a big name manager like Brendan will be disappointed I think. 

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I don't think he'll get lots of cash or actually needs lots of cash.

It seems to be coaching, team strategies and man management that we most need - and that's what he or A N Other will be employed for. There's lots of good squads in the championship with potential to get promoted and Derby's in one of them. 

Im sure there's wiggle room for some minor tinkering or one big(ish) signing but not necessarily required. The onus to use what we've got, including the youth options, will be enough to entice some managers but those wanting a big name manager like Brendan will be disappointed I think. 

Think we'd probably sell a couple to make room, this is a quality squad we just need to address the balance. For me Johnson just doesn't work here but a new manager might get something out of him. I'm just excited to see who we get, I think Mel will be far more cautious over this appointment rather than go on recommendations like he did with Clement.

22 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Think we'd probably sell a couple to make room, this is a quality squad we just need to address the balance. For me Johnson just doesn't work here but a new manager might get something out of him. I'm just excited to see who we get, I think Mel will be far more cautious over this appointment rather than go on recommendations like he did with Clement.

I hope the new manager keeps Johnson and gets the best from him. That said, we're spoilt for choice across all midfield when Hughes and Bryson are fully fit. Whoever finds the best blend is on to a winner. Probably find out its the 2014 version after all.

On 02/03/2016 at 08:41, ColonelBlimp said:

Can we not do it like the match ratings?

Use survey monkey to pick the formation and players and also have a selection of 'team talk phrases' to vote on.

Democratic Football Management.

Surely this would also require using Matchday Chat to decide substitutions...and for that reason I'm oot! 

I think that the new manager is a done deal, its going to be a manager that is currently on gardening leave with another club, it must related to either losing compensation payments from previous club or keeping within fair play rules.

2 hours ago, toddy said:

What about Glenn Hoddle, played the game, knows the game, coached some of the best in the game?

Ha no thanks. Don't think he's interested back in management anyway. 

1 hour ago, LesterRam said:

I think that the new manager is a done deal, its going to be a manager that is currently on gardening leave with another club, it must related to either losing compensation payments from previous club or keeping within fair play rules.

Who ? 

David Moyes did say he got the job few weeks ago but wait at the right to announce it? So this definitely isn't Newcastle. 

Just now, HantsRam said:

I missed that DEL - was this around the time he was seen watching one of our matches?

Think so, he said it on talk sport though so to me that doesn't sound like Newcastle job at all. I'd take him here (as long he can do what he did at Everton) 

29 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Think so, he said it on talk sport though so to me that doesn't sound like Newcastle job at all. I'd take him here (as long he can do what he did at Everton

and what was that? How does it relate to what Derby need?

Moyes did the equivalent of Nigel Clough.

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

and what was that? How does it relate to what Derby need?

Moyes did the equivalent of Nigel Clough.

Playing Everton way. He's 100x better than Nigel clueless Clough. 

26 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Not sure what our disabled supporters would make of that. Actually, never mind disabilities, anyone of sound mind must think Glenn is a prize prik.

The following is all moot because he's been away from the senior game for way too long,  but I didn't think Hoddle shoud've been sacked for his stupid beliefs, just given a firm warning that he was not to mention it in interviews. Football seems happy to accommodate plenty of players who are catholic or muslim. Do you think if questionned on their beliefs their attitudes towards say, homosexuals, would be any more palatable than Hoddle's regarding the disabled?

9 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

The Everton way under Moyes was a million times more boring than under Martinez. I'd rather Martinez, at least he has achievements under his belt.

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Think so, he said it on talk sport though so to me that doesn't sound like Newcastle job at all. I'd take him here (as long he can do what he did at Everton) 

Did not know Everton were in the championship when he was there?

3 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Please  take care not to let you ignorance of football related matters be known to all.

leaving his job done at Derby,That i wont go into I will thank him for putting a squad together that got us into the playoffs.

On leaving he put together a team that dragged Sheff Utd from bottom 4 to top 7 .While watching his Derby in the playoffs.

He reached a F-A cup semi-final-at Wembley--a league cup semi-final -A play off semi-final with a div 1 club,also he fought his corner and persuaded the club,to have a new state of the art pitch ,After a well earned rest in the summer his first in 16 years,He took on a challenge with Burton Albion Were the only way was down--Could it happen.

A fairy tale BURTON ALBION in the championship--A person big enough to take on tremendous challenge.

.Clueless a good word for some.

4 hours ago, Anon said:

The following is all moot because he's been away from the senior game for way too long,  but I didn't think Hoddle shoud've been sacked for his stupid beliefs, just given a firm warning that he was not to mention it in interviews. Football seems happy to accommodate plenty of players who are catholic or muslim. Do you think if questionned on their beliefs their attitudes towards say, homosexuals, would be any more palatable than Hoddle's regarding the disabled?

In answer to your question: No. Obviously intolerance and myopic intolerance is abhorrent in any aspect of life. Just because there are probably loads of football people (and you can include atheists too as this isn't a religious only topic) it doesn't make it right.

i do understand what you're saying but if someone had to be coached what is and what isn't acceptable to say, I really question their marbles. Some idiots are lucky and there irrational thoughts don't spew out in the media so their unintelligence about the bare basics is off the main radar. But just like if one of my friends uttered that type of rhetoric, then I don't want them in my life. Similarly, if Adam Smith, Tom Hopper, James Pearson, Adam Johnson or John Terry et al sign for Derby, then they'll get no support from me.

Just because 'football' is happy to accommodate it, doesn't mean that I, or 1000s of other Derby fans, are.

Archived