Breakfast with Mel and no Bacon or Sausages!

Day

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

I move house to a place where there is no reception and no wifi for two weeks(!) and it seems I have missed the event of the year, from the forum perspective!

It's been like living in the dark ages!

Crikey you move to a place where there is no reception!...... Where have you been living, Hilton Hotel?

Get yourself to Brentford they like living in the dark age!

nq1y4g.jpg

23 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

The sausage embargo is starting to pay dividends. Sausages must have caused our drastic downturn in fitness. 

Maybe they've reintroduced sausages after our dismay, thus leading to a drastic upturn in morale and therefore results?

Well ,  lack of sausage and bacon certainly affected me , and Boycie even checked my pockets to see if i'd nicked 'em all , Where the sausage  was the sausage Mel ? , not to mention the sausaging bacon .. Apart from that , the black pudding was excellent ..

2 hours ago, YouRams said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3459201/Leeds-fan-says-paid-praise-owner-Massimo-Cellino-online-club-hoped-supporters-onside.html  

Has Mel taken a leaf out of Massimo's book? Does this explain Mostyns drastic change from nearly being kicked out to singing Mels praises?

It would take more than cash to turn Mostyn's head.

Sausages though? That's another matter.

In a maximum of 8 training sessions, we've gone from the squad not being fit enough, according to Mel, via a squad member wistfully recalling the days when we ran all over teams (Hendrick), to now praising our increased levels of fitness to enable us to win Saturday (Keogh).

It's simply unbelievable how much fitter our squad of highly tuned professional athletes have become, well done PR dept....err fitness/conditioning coaches.

29 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

In a maximum of 8 training sessions, we've gone from the squad not being fit enough, according to Mel, via a squad member wistfully recalling the days when we ran all over teams (Hendrick), to now praising our increased levels of fitness to enable us to win Saturday (Keogh).

It's simply unbelievable how much fitter our squad of highly tuned professional athletes have become, well done PR dept....err fitness/conditioning coaches.

placebo effect? Don't derail it... if it's working! lol

12 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

placebo effect? Don't derail it... if it's working! lol

I always prefered Suede for my androgynous 90's pop, maybe it's the animal nitrate!

In seriousness though, to me at least it feels like we're being spun a story, starts with Mel at breakfast, then the narrative continues until Keogh's statement today.

There's no need for it, surely they don't think we're so dumb as to think the fitness levels have improved so much, so soon.

I'm not saying that what Mel said to you all wasn't correct, but that can't be overturned in 8 days, or even noticably improved upon.

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I always prefered Suede for my androgynous 90's pop, maybe it's the animal nitrate!

In seriousness though, to me at least it feels like we're being spun a story, starts with Mel at breakfast, then the narrative continues until Keogh's statement today.

There's no need for it, surely they don't think we're so dumb as to think the fitness levels have improved so much, so soon.

I'm not saying that what Mel said to you all wasn't correct, but that can't be overturned in 8 days, or even noticably improved upon.

Hmmm we have gone from falling apart in the last 15 minutes v MK Dons to overpowering Brentford in the last 15.

There is some evidence there. We will see what happens tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Not disagreeing or anything but are you suggesting that the players are being forced to say these things?

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Not disagreeing or anything but are you suggesting that the players are being forced to say these things?

I wouldn't say forced, but we do have a newly appointed PR guru who may have briefed the players on the club's prefered line?

Archived