Breakfast with Mel and no Bacon or Sausages!

David

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

In a maximum of 8 training sessions, we've gone from the squad not being fit enough, according to Mel, via a squad member wistfully recalling the days when we ran all over teams (Hendrick), to now praising our increased levels of fitness to enable us to win Saturday (Keogh).

It's simply unbelievable how much fitter our squad of highly tuned professional athletes have become, well done PR dept....err fitness/conditioning coaches.

The coaches have got the squad running through  Walls.....

......and Bowyers. ....

......and Porky Whites.......☺

• 5 years later...

Stumbled across this thread again, whilst doing some 'spring cleaning' in 'messages' inbox,  what a fantastic read it is. Brings back a lot of happy/funny memories of a great day. If you have a couple of hours spare, well worth another read, sure you won't regret it. 

(nb, make sure you have plenty of charge in your phone/device)..

13 minutes ago, mozza said:

Stumbled across this thread again, whilst doing some 'spring cleaning' in 'messages' inbox,  what a fantastic read it is. Brings back a lot of happy/funny memories of a great day. If you have a couple of hours spare, well worth another read, sure you won't regret it. 

(nb, make sure you have plenty of charge in your phone/device)..

Was there any mention of a clique? Asking for a friend.

On 14/02/2016 at 22:58, G STAR RAM said:

I went with an open mind and have to admit I was impressed, not just by Sam but everyone that took the time to speak to us.

Just seeing the place is mind blowing, I had no idea how great the place was.

The passion and long term commitment displayed by Mel was great to see.

Another thing he said is he wants us to be a top 10 Premier League club in 5 years.

How can you not remain positive?!

Whoops

Great day this was. Triggered years of not being able to have an opinion, cries of where was my invite like we took thousands down and they were the only one to miss out. "You're all mates, in a clique, bought by a sausage"

Truth was, at the time I was suffering with crippling anxiety, those who were there would remember me walking outside for 5 minutes, taking several toilet breaks for some space to compose myself. I didn't eat a thing that day, nor did I when I was invited to the night at Pride Park served with plates of sausages.

Classic case of nobody really knowing what goes on behind a monitor. On the way down we stopped the car several times, almost turned back, made an excuse as to why I couldn't go, car broke down, sorry Mel. Was the missus who pushed me on, theres a lot of people relying on you back on the website.

She didn't know that it wasn't public knowledge at the time, like most things I kept them close to myself.

This isn't an X factor sob story, it's just how it was, and what followed was hard to deal with on top of everything else, to this day still irritates me and I won't take any crap despite being a lot better mentally having been on anxiety medication for the last year.

Do I regret going? Yeah a little, only because of what followed, there was and still us a lot of ungrateful fans on this forum who believe they should have gone and would have done a better job interrogating Mel.

The idea was pitched to me as a meet the owner, clear the air, let us know where they stand, was never intended to be an interrogation and I'm kinda glad nobody went that did turn it into one. 

Was good to put some faces to some names, met quite a few members be it in person or Zoom calls now, some decent people on here.

A lot has happened in the last 5 years, things were probably said at the time that has changed, went tits up, different directions. Not entirely sure what the purpose of this bump was, but then I don't really understand a lot of what has happened following this.  

Fan forums which have nothing to do with us have similar reactions to be fair, PR spin this and that, how come I didn't go, even Radio Derby phone ins get criticised. I would bet the louder voices are ones that never applied for tickets for the fan forums or pick up the phone to Radio Derby, much easier just to sit here and pick fault with others anonymously from behind a screen.

Anyhow, that's me done, off to find a topic can find some enjoyment in, what this forum was created for.

On 14/02/2016 at 09:39, rammieib said:

Mels response was he talked to Steve Gibson about this a few weeks ago (I mentioned Boro as an example of a club that were well run without interference) and Gibson said to him that he felt the need during the first couple of years to have more public exposure. Longer term he does intend to pass more responsibilities back to Sam. 

My view - he answered the question honestly. I still disagree with his viewpoint but he answered it. Can't ask for more than that.

i asked Sam Rush to clear up his ownership of the club and I asked Stephen Pearce to clarify a comment made at the fans forum.

Sam stated he does have an ownership of the club. (Me - I think it's in the region of 3-5%). Mel later said that he has given more ownership to Sam since his takeover. Stephen Pearce clarified that the insurance on players covered salaries only. This was what I assumed but Stephen said during the fans forum that the 'Insurance allowed us to go out and get more players'. 

I also asked Mel around the 5-year contract Sam has.

Answer - the five year contract Sam has means if Sam wants to leave he has to pay it off, or likewise if we want to get rid of Sam we need to pay it off. On the basis that I tick he is on £400k plus (A number I have pulled from the highest paid director on company accounts) this would suggest Sam has a £2 million buy out. I feel more secure knowing this now because I personally applauded the role Sam has done in the past and should be doing more of now.

Other points I can remember.

- Clement - there was just a difference of opinion about where Mel wanted the club to go and where Paul was taking it. That combined with the football on the pitch contributed towards his departure.

- Pascal Z - Mel said he rated this guy a huge amount.

- Future business plans - they have three plan so in the offering and they have begun. 1) stay down, 2) go up but if they go up and are lucky to do so and 3) go up playing attractive football. He said during the last one their budget on new players was around £45-£55m split over 3/4 players. He said number 2 is a risk because they could well come back down and have costs they cannot sustain. I don't think he said anything on business plan number one.

The others will cover other areas. I think it's fair to say I was one of the more critical ones there and asked harder questions of Mel.

Aged well... 

So Mel was always only doing what Gibbo told him to do.. What a twist. 

Learn the truth! Google SausageAnon!

The forum is run by a shady elite of illuminati, hell bent on creating a new forum order. It won't stop there, once they have surpressed DCFCfans they'll move on, forum after forum, they go by the title "moderators" and it seems like they crop up on forums everywhere! Because they are everywhere!

Resist!

Do a poo on your rug!

Click the adverts!

A light shower is coming!!!!!

Archived