I've sounded off plenty, but...

Mafiabob

13 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Not sure, I asked the Q in the other thread but returned from tweeting Jed Buxton then emailing him about away sub's blocking disabled supporters views to find the thread deleted.

I'm sure at least one of today's group was at the original circlejerk - sorry, get together.

The original meeting was @Daveo @sage @Alpha @uttoxram75 @Boycie and myself.

I believe only Alpha and Boycie were returnees today, along with Daveo obvs.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

There's poison on this forum recently, it used to be such a nice place to sit and chew the DCFC fat, full of fun and nonsense, puns, jokes and the occasional insightful post.

It's changed beyond recognition recently, and definitely not for the better, so much so it's becoming a chore to open it up and see what's happening!

Thick and thin. We just need to get through the tough bits. Water off a ducks arse that's what I say.

Poor performances and a team with a distinct like to fight for the club we all love may account for a fair percentage of the early walkers. booing I dont  agree with but fans pay for the right to have opinion opinions are voiced in many ways . 

Just now, MrsRam said:

Been through worse - praps not on social media - just the local pub mainly.  

Something to be said for tinternet...

The best... And worst thing ever invented 

16 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Who attended the original session with MM and who went this morning? What was the basis for selecting those invited?

I have no idea why the thread has been taken down so can only assume that there was criticism of the chairman which went beyond what the forum operators felt was acceptable.

All for giving Wassall a chance - 1st game, 1st team selection etc and he will stand or fall by the remaining 15. What will not be acceptable to the majority of fans is what amounted to a total denial of a very poor performance - am I wrong in thinking he actually thought some aspects of our play were 'brilliant'? By all means avoid giving the players a rollicking in public but don't be so silly as to seem to pull the wool over the eyes of fans, some of whom have seen more top-class matches than he's had hot dinners. I like Wassall but he needs the backing of the fans and part of that is earning their respect - with a few exceptions, they're not fools!

I'll answer this post but please please please wait until the write ups before jumping to conclusions, not aiming this just at you Wolfie.

From the first time we met Mel to the second, only myself, Boycie and Alpha went today, that's 3 out of 10 today.

There is no clique, there is no special group of mates, I met some members for the first time today and if we do another it will be another new group of members with a couple of mods. After 2 visits I still have moderators I've trusted to run this forum that have yet to be invited, giving up there own time and seeing other members invited before them!

I will be totally open with you here, the first time several members were invited, those that could not attend I invited to replace, I think I had to replace 2 or 3 but can't be absolute sure without going through old messages.

This time I was asked to bring 9 members, 3 positive, 3 middle of the road and 3 critical, however when the initial invite was made Clement was still the manager so it kind of changed the dynamic I thought I had created yet the day was still productive.

How members are selected is entirely down to that criteria, positive, on the fence, negative and most most most importantly a regular member. Some members were invited this time yet unable to attend so I had to find replacements again.

Despite what people say you do not need to like my posts, follow me on Twitter, have me on Facebook, be a yes man or brown nose Mel nothing like that at all, it doesn't even matter if you have been banned, one member was temporary banned yet invited today, I can hand on heart say this is not down to creating any kind of clique.

I'm opening up a board tomorrow for the members that attended today that will be merged into one thread and released on Monday, I've told them all its not a case of editing, hiding anything or that he eats his scrambled egg like a fanny, I don't care if they call Mell a two faced ****, I want there honest opinions on the day but I want these out there so people can read the full story before getting all arsey.

I know you are all eager to hear from everyone but please bare with us, thanks 

Just a thought for future meets, can't you stick a camera in and put it up on YouTube or something? The big fans forum they do is ok, but a lot of questions are reviewed beforehand. A raw almost live interview (if you had a camera today) would make for a better watch. 

Just now, Tim Bucktoo said:

Appreciate the post Daveo. For me, its not that I don't appreciate that people want the best for Derby, just I don't know exactly what's going on. And don't appreciate being condescended by those who claim they do. No-one can deny it's been a mad week even for DCFC

if you have found my post condescending, I can only apologise. I'm mystified by the reaction to a bad result today, what with it being Wassall's first as gaffer this season, and maybe that lack of patience I am feeling came across in my posts.

Genuinely, Mel gave every reason that he had already given in the local media, and faced ridicule for. When you say you don't know what's going on, I assumed you meant regarding the manager, and answered accordingly, the rest is just football. As a Derby fan, loss and poor performance should not be a new experience to you, so I don't understand any melodrama, and again, apologies if that sounds bad, but people act as if Derby being rubbish is a shock, when it's really the norm this century.

15 minutes ago, Daveo said:

I'll answer this post but please please please wait until the write ups before jumping to conclusions, not aiming this just at you Wolfie.

From the first time we met Mel to the second, only myself, Boycie and Alpha went today, that's 3 out of 10 today.

There is no clique, there is no special group of mates, I met some members for the first time today and if we do another it will be another new group of members with a couple of mods. After 2 visits I still have moderators I've trusted to run this forum that have yet to be invited, giving up there own time and seeing other members invited before them!

I will be totally open with you here, the first time several members were invited, those that could not attend I invited to replace, I think I had to replace 2 or 3 but can't be absolute sure without going through old messages.

This time I was asked to bring 9 members, 3 positive, 3 middle of the road and 3 critical, however when the initial invite was made Clement was still the manager so it kind of changed the dynamic I thought I had created yet the day was still productive.

How members are selected is entirely down to that criteria, positive, on the fence, negative and most most most importantly a regular member. Some members were invited this time yet unable to attend so I had to find replacements again.

Despite what people say you do not need to like my posts, follow me on Twitter, have me on Facebook, be a yes man or brown nose Mel nothing like that at all, it doesn't even matter if you have been banned, one member was temporary banned yet invited today, I can hand on heart say this is not down to creating any kind of clique.

I'm opening up a board tomorrow for the members that attended today that will be merged into one thread and released on Monday, I've told them all its not a case of editing, hiding anything or that he eats his scrambled egg like a fanny, I don't care if they call Mell a two faced ****, I want there honest opinions on the day but I want these out there so people can read the full story before getting all arsey.

I know you are all eager to hear from everyone but please bare with us, thanks 

Fair enough - just wish Mel hadn't described it as 'the Derby way'. It now feels like a millstone around our neck!

I think the out of the blue way it gets announced that its happening and then who attended might have something to do with the feelings.

Seeing as Mel wants a selection from for, against, on the fence, couldn't the forum as a whole be a part by coming together to help question him? 

4 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Just a thought for future meets, can't you stick a camera in and put it up on YouTube or something? The big fans forum they do is ok, but a lot of questions are reviewed beforehand. A raw almost live interview (if you had a camera today) would make for a better watch. 

Stick a camera in and it immediately becomes a completely different meeting where everyone - Mel and DCFCfans reps - has to be guarded about what they say.

Much better to have no camera, to be honest about what can be made public and what must remain confidential and then develop a two way relationship based on trust

1 minute ago, RicME85 said:

I think the out of the blue way it gets announced that its happening and then who attended might have something to do with the feelings.

Seeing as Mel wants a selection from for, against, on the fence, couldn't the forum as a whole be a part by coming together to help question him? 

Why don't we have a forum meeting at the Courtyard, everyone invited, we can even video us singing some new songs!! Flashing lights and everything, lager & lime flowing freely, Mel can pay, I'll even wear my free scarf! 

That's brilliant,love it,but whats the tune? Anyway because of my age and serious

health problems I can't get there,but while lazing on the settee I was thinking of a chant

based on the Pink Floyd classic "see Derby play there is no other Way"  It's "see Emily

play" See what I did there? O.K I'll get my coat.

1 minute ago, ilkleyram said:

Stick a camera in and it immediately becomes a completely different meeting where everyone - Mel and DCFCfans reps - has to be guarded about what they say.

Much better to have no camera, to be honest about what can be made public and what must remain confidential and then develop a two way relationship based on trust

But when feedback that confidential stuff has been mentioned gets put on the forum it opens up a can of worms like tonight. A camera in would mean everyone could be a part of it and Mel would have to think twice about what he says. Win win IMO.

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

But when feedback that confidential stuff has been mentioned gets put on the forum it opens up a can of worms like tonight. A camera in would mean everyone could be a part of it and Mel would have to think twice about what he says. Win win IMO.

Cameras will make it a lose, lose, IMO.

Why not wait until Daveo and the others give us a more considered report of what was said, recognising the areas that must remain confidential?  Perhaps there is one lesson - that no one who goes to any future events comments until 24 hours has passed and any match and alcohol is out of their system - and everyone else's

7 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Appreciate the post Daveo. For me, its not that I don't appreciate that people want the best for Derby, just I don't know exactly what's going on. And don't appreciate being condescended by those who claim they do. No-one can deny it's been a mad week even for DCFC

I know and that has never been the intention, it has been a crazy week and I've not even been able to have a few days to gather my own thoughts yet, if anyone has noticed I've been fairly quiet as I didn't want to give any knee jerk reactions, not that my opinion is any more valid than the next on this forum!

I can honestly say there is no big secret behind Clement's sacking, we're not secretly giggling away with ITK info behind members backs, the next group will be a different group of members, the  clubs statement really does cover it, the Derby way was not Clement's way which cost him his job.

If anyone is expecting any juicy stories they won't be there, we're not even hiding any, there will be no headline Monday breaking news, all click on DCFC Fans for the ad revenue, nothing like it at all.

Im really sorry if it's come across as anything condescending.

17 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Fair enough - just wish Mel hadn't described it as 'the Derby way'. It now feels like a millstone around our neck!

I agree with that, our style of play did not need a name. Lots of clubs are well known for their style of play and don't need any special title. The media will have fun with this one for sure

14 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

That's brilliant,love it,but whats the tune? Anyway because of my age and serious

health problems I can't get there,but while lazing on the settee I was thinking of a chant

based on the Pink Floyd classic "see Derby play there is no other Way"  It's "see Emily

play" See what I did there? O.K I'll get my coat.

"........there is no other way", pretty sure the next line is "let's try it another way....... "

Not sure that's working out too well for us at the moment :D

Archived