I've sounded off plenty, but...

Mafiabob

I think it might've been taken down / unpinned as Daveo & co. plan to post something up soon within the next day or so (at least that's what the pinned breakfast notice mentioned).

On a related note I actually have a question / semi-request for @Daveo + anyone else putting their notes together on that breakfast sesh? If its not possible or would be too time consuming then I completely understand  

So let's say you create the new "MM meeting" topic and in your first post you obviously put whatever writeups you guys compiled together. Then in a second post underneath could you guys keep a sort of ongoing list of "faqs" updated occasionally as posters start responding to the Meeting topic?

for example sometimes a topic can easily reach a dozen pages within a few hours, and ive noticed that anyone late to party tends to start asking the same questions often posed 4-5 times by earlier posters but the answers keep getting lost as the # of pages grow. Maybe if theres a few particular questions a lot of people seem to keep repeatedly asking you guys could keep a running list of FAQs collected at the top of the thread. Sorry if this sounds confusing!

And someone mentioned earlier there were some writeups from your first MM meeting? It would be interesting to pin that alongside the faqs + this most recent writeup so basically the info can be accumulated straight upfront and avoids anyone having to slog through 25-30 pages (if it comes to that) to search for answers.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

some people were getting personal and reading stuff into it. I'd have kept the thread up myself as proof of what I did and didn't say. But I'm not the man with the power.

Good stuff then mostyn. As you did nowt wrong then, I look forward to reading your quote tomorrow when it all gets collated. ( begins holding breath ...)

17 hours ago, McLovin said:

If promotion is not a target then why spend £25 million? It's now or never because we certainly won't get promoted nexr year with the  likes of villa and newcastle in the championship.

Well I don't think there is much to be worried about concerning Villa...

11 minutes ago, eddie said:

I came upon the thread a few minutes before it got pulled, and (at the bit I had reached) it was descending into vitriol to the point of abuse without actually addressing what had been said. That might have been just a few posts at that point in the thread, but it was getting fruity, and the messengers were being lined up against the wall.

Cheers for that eduardo. Missed it all yesterday. It all sounds very interesting

4 minutes ago, rhysbeck said:

I think it might've been taken down / unpinned as Daveo & co. plan to post something up soon within the next day or so (at least that's what the pinned breakfast notice mentioned).

On a related note I actually have a question / semi-request for @Daveo + anyone else putting their notes together on that breakfast sesh? If its not possible or would be too time consuming then I completely understand  

So let's say you create the new "MM meeting" topic and in your first post you obviously put whatever writeups you guys compiled together. Then in a second post underneath could you guys keep a sort of ongoing list of "faqs" updated occasionally as posters start responding to the Meeting topic?

for example sometimes a topic can easily reach a dozen pages within a few hours, and ive noticed that anyone late to party tends to start asking the same questions often posed 4-5 times by earlier posters but the answers keep getting lost as the # of pages grow. Maybe if theres a few particular questions a lot of people seem to keep repeatedly asking you guys could keep a running list of FAQs collected at the top of the thread. Sorry if this sounds confusing!

And someone mentioned earlier there were some writeups from your first MM meeting? It would be interesting to pin that alongside the faqs + this most recent writeup so basically the info can be accumulated straight upfront and avoids anyone having to slog through 25-30 pages (if it comes to that) to search for answers.

I think the FAQ's are a great idea

8 minutes ago, rhysbeck said:

I'm hoping it will be up tonight, got a lot more written now by the members, will wait a couple more hours just to get a few more things down. Things will keep coming back, 3 hours without taking notes hard to remember everything in one big post. I will look to do recaps with FAQ's if it goes that way.

and also would like to say thank you to the group that went to talk to Mel, I'm genuinely interested in what he had to say even if I know 3/4 of it might just be the usual PR stuff, I still think its a very unique move for a club chairman to offer such an invitation and I think its something other clubs should potentially look into doing as well! I especially liked that he asked you to bring an X-amount of people with varied opinions/on the fence/positive/negative/etc.

That being said I don't consider you guys any sort of "elite-ITK-clique" or something, I know Mel can't just invite 30K fans into his office, so he's gotta pick a few and take the risk of trusting em with what he says, theres no other option! Again really appreciate you guys putting this stuff together, you're doing the right thing. I know I don't post much, Im usually quite reserved and never feel like I have much to say, but in this case I did just want to say thanks. Also I hope any negative response to the writeup doesn't ruin any future chances of you guys getting to meet Mel again, its definitely a valuable link for any derby fan

1 minute ago, rhysbeck said:

and also would like to say thank you to the group that went to talk to Mel, I'm genuinely interested in what he had to say even if I know 3/4 of it might just be the usual PR stuff, I still think its a very unique move for a club chairman to offer such an invitation and I think its something other clubs should potentially look into doing as well! I especially liked that he asked you to bring an X-amount of people with varied opinions/on the fence/positive/negative/etc.

That being said I don't consider you guys any sort of "elite-ITK-clique" or something, I know Mel can't just invite 30K fans into his office, so he's gotta pick a few and take the risk of trusting em with what he says, theres no other option! Again really appreciate you guys putting this stuff together, you're doing the right thing. I know I don't post much, Im usually quite reserved and never feel like I have much to say, but in this case I did just want to say thanks. Also I hope any negative response to the writeup doesn't ruin any future chances of you guys getting to meet Mel again, its definitely a valuable link for any derby fan

a lot of it was visual and hard to get over in a post. But lots of thought and intention is there.

On 2/13/2016 at 21:41, Gritters said:

I might be wrong but I thought it went

It's the Derby Way.... It's the Derby Way... If you don't attack then you'll get the sack... It's the Derby Way...

I heard it everyone around me was laughing and saying it's quite savvy for Derby. I was mentioning to people around me it was off the forum. I tried singing it loudly as people was struggling to understand the lyrics (Surely it's simple enough)!

Got to get it going again!

On 13 February 2016 at 21:35, davenportram said:

Im in the South Stand and neve rheard it - mind you never heard much singing at all to be honest.

You never heard the song on Saturday? I did and I'm in South Stand. 

4 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

You never heard the song on Saturday? I did and I'm in South Stand. 

Early on, then there was nothing coming out the south stand. They were as gob smacked at what they were watching as the rest of us.

There is always 2 people shouting near the goal in the south stand. I love the guy next to me.. 'Don't hit it up in to the corners for x to run on to'. 'ATTACKK HIT THE ****** UP'. It's like make your mind up... Then there the 'You lazy *******' etc. All fun and games.

Archived