I've sounded off plenty, but...

Mafiabob

4 minutes ago, Daveo said:

I know and that has never been the intention, it has been a crazy week and I've not even been able to have a few days to gather my own thoughts yet, if anyone has noticed I've been fairly quiet as I didn't want to give any knee jerk reactions, not that my opinion is any more valid than the next on this forum!

I can honestly say there is no big secret behind Clement's sacking, we're not secretly giggling away with ITK info behind members backs, the next group will be a different group of members, the  clubs statement really does cover it, the Derby way was not Clement's way which cost him his job.

If anyone is expecting any juicy stories they won't be there, we're not even hiding any, there will be no headline Monday breaking news, all click on DCFC Fans for the ad revenue, nothing like it at all.

Im really sorry if it's come across as anything condescending.

It wasn't aimed at you in particular and I certainly don't expect any revelations either. As Mostyn highlighted and I'm more than aware of and usually proud of, this is Derby; sometimes rubbish, sometimes sublime, mainly average but throughout our history we are consistently inconsistent. When the carrot is dangled, no doubt a dirty rook will steal it and spit it out. When we're dead and buried, we sometimes survive. 

One thing that has annoyed me is threads being locked, deleted or ridiculed. I really enjoy this forum and it can sometimes be as close as I'll get to the club but in a week (month, year, longer) of outlandish posts, threads and other forums of  absolute idiocy, there's been some over zealous moderation.

Anyway, eventually we'll go up and it'll be hunky dory though eh. Just don't ask me which season ?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This forum, since Clements sacking, has become toxic. Toxic to each other, toxic about the players and toxic about Mel. 

I understand people want to find out what's going on with the club in this difficult period, but all these outright conspiracy theories are making things worse. Like I mentioned on another thread this forum has turned into an echo chamber where it seems like everyone is in a panic and the world is about to end. 

In an age when information is instant and immediate we need to be patient and let the guys who met Mel provide us with a comprehensive, well-composed summary. Surely we need to avoid reflex reactions done in a rush, we don't won't a repeat of Mel's interviews when PC was released. 

Confused.

why delete the thread?

I can't remember it now but i think there was a suggestion of info that couldn't be revealed, but if we'd heard we would all understand why PC had to go.

i think we all appreciate that anything said in confidence should be respected but.......Whatever......its been a bad day. 

Like most folk I was hoping that whatever else has happened, today would be the start of something good.

Unfortunately it was worse but the real killer for me was that ridiculous aftermatch interview.

1 minute ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

It wasn't aimed at you in particular and I certainly don't expect any revelations either. As Mostyn highlighted and I'm more than aware of and usually proud of, this is Derby; sometimes rubbish, sometimes sublime, mainly average but throughout our history we are consistently inconsistent. When the carrot is dangled, no doubt a dirty rook will steal it and spit it out. When we're dead and buried, we sometimes survive. 

One thing that has annoyed me is threads being locked, deleted or ridiculed. I really enjoy this forum and it can sometimes be as close as I'll get to the club but in a week (month, year, longer) of outlandish posts, threads and other forums of  absolute idiocy, there's been some over zealous moderation.

Anyway, eventually we'll go up and it'll be hunky dory though eh. Just don't ask me which season ?

On the thread locking, you may have seen we had a topic open, at the time I was travelling back and had poor 3G, one badly worded post created a massive uproar. I decided to take it offline as it didn't seem fair to keep it up over that one post that gave off the impression we was hiding stuff from members and all kinds of accusations were flying around, it wasn't fair and far from the truth.

Not only did it put us in a bad light but the club and Mel as well, I wasn't able to diffuse the situation quick enough with the signal and 12 pages were up within minutes!

I'm then trying to take my time to explain the reason why I took it down whilst several San Miguels are in the system with the mods going mental asking what to do as well. It really was a huge **** storm over nothing, I asked them to lock and close anything regarding the morning whilst I get something up to explain the situation.

I can see we've been accused now of blocking free speech! but I just want a chance for all members now to get written down what they have taken from the day, good and bad before letting members fire questions at us and if people still want to lay into those that went and the club so be it, totally fine, free speech absolutely, just not a **** storm over one post. 

Think I must have joined late this evening but certainly didn't accuse anyone of restricting free speech. My slight peeve was threads being locked and deleted that concerning topics about this week. Some were tongue in cheek and irreverent, which is sometimes a relief to the day to day dirge. Granted, there was some shared content with other threads but similar threads always happen. There's only so much breadth to Derby that can be discussed! 

Im sure you sometimes wonder why you bother Daveo. But please keep up the good work. Where else can we all hang out at this time to vent?!

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Why do I get the feeling Mel won't be inviting this forum to breakfast again?

The timing wasn't great was it. Mel probably wants to talk about all the positive steps we are making and the vision. But instead get's bogged down in where the club is going wrong. It can be very depressing when you have a passion for something grande and big and everyone obsesses over minor details, most of which is about who we sign and play. The guy is the owner and a supporter. His relationship thus far has been exactly that. Therefor he get's treated as both by the other supporters. They will talk to him exactly like they talk to each other. If I said let's sign player X for a Y figure because of blah blah, I would expect criticism. It's exactly the same with Mel. The difference is he actually has a say and it's his money at the end of the day. 

We all want good attacking enjoyable football. We want academy talent to continue to break into the the squad and 1st team. Mel included. His biggest mistake by far for me was the willingness to splash the cash. Key injuries really did not help matters. But think where he could have spent that £25m off the pitch. I wouldn't blame him if we got rid of 12 players this summer and spent 10 times less on incomings. I would personally get more enjoyment out of players like Hanson, Bennett, Rawson, Lowe and Calero breaking into the side. 

Mel was a wealthy man, but I think this season was his spending spree. He made a lot of money and splashed the cash. If people won £30m on the lotto would they look back 18 months later and say yes all of those things I bought with my first couple of million were totally worth it and not just impulse. 

9 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

all information is currently being compiled and reviewed to be published as 1 comprehensive article over the next couple of days, all the interesting stuff will be in that article, as detailed here - http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/21913-breakfast-with-mel-at-moor-farm-13216/#comment-967902

I recommend you visit the forum over the next 36-48 hours to find out all you need to know, in the mean time, please feel free to browse the forum and interact with fellow Rams fans on the variety of other topics available, or, if you have a new topic you wish to discuss, create your own. Thanks.

In a shock new development Mostyn6 has been kidnapped and replaced by a digitally recorded message. ....

11 hours ago, McLovin said:

If promotion is not a target then why spend £25 million? It's now or never because we certainly won't get promoted nexr year with the  likes of villa and newcastle in the championship.

I'm with McLovin' on this one. Yes, I do recognise that Mel doesn't want to get promoted at all costs and at the expense of the academy, only to be humiliated in the BPL again. But I question the patience of a man who just spent £25 on 'talent'.If there was no sense of urgency, why not just give young players more experience in preparation of a push for promotion next year. Also, he should see the sense of urgency among supporters. There is a real expectation of promotion (or at least there was until recently).

I don't see AV staying down long either. 

I look forward to the write up but I'm not sure about it really.  To me it sounded like something was found out but we're  not all allowed to know. 

I do understand why tho. 

The forum is good,  I always read and never really post.  I dont know how much work goes into it but I imagine it's a lot so I suppose it's best we all just move on and see what everyone comes up on the write up. :)

10 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Well you and I weren't at the same match 24/7.  I've seen Derby players in the past not put effort into a match and there were none that deserve that description today, whatever the result.

There are players clearly out of form and lacking in confidence and not playing well; there are players - Bryson, Bent, Weimann and Hendrick for four - who are clearly not 90 minute match fit; overall we are not playing well is to state the bleeding obvious, but I saw 11 plus substitutes at least put effort into the match

I think Eddie's being far too kind.  There are some on here who are either choosing not to listen to what they are being told or who are deliberately misinterpreting what they are being told.  If it's worse elsewhere then I'm very glad I don't have access to those message boards.

We have an owner/Chairman - and you can reasonably debate the wisdom of having the same person in both roles - who has a very clear vision of what he wants for this club and is prepared to back it up by using his own resources; a Chairman who is prepared to back his senior staff but also someone not afraid to challenge or to make very hard decisions.  The easiest thing in the world would have been for Mel to let Paul Clement continue, but Mel very obviously felt that PC had not bought into the vision and therefore had to go - and the cost, in money, disruption and emotion will be considerable

The second easiest thing would have been to have cancelled this morning's breakfast meeting (and no, I wasn't invited).  But we have a Chairman prepared to meet fan representatives and to talk to them as openly as he can.  The majority of DCFC Chairmen in the 50+ years I've watched Derby have stayed millions of miles from supporters.

The third easiest thing for Mel to have done would have been to have immediately brought someone in from outside as manager/coach.  But just as his vision is that the first team will be significantly made up of home grown players then so he has given a chance to the most senior and well qualified internal football person in the club, to make a go of it.  He knows, that in doing so, we might not get promotion this season but he doesn't want promotion for promotion's sake if it means we are more than likely to come down again. One of the important things for him is to give an insider a chance.  What if Wassall succeeds?  Wouldn't that be fantastic? How do you know he won't unless you give him a chance?

Mel and I are of a similar generation of Rams fans.  We've seen Sir Brian, Arthur Cox and Jim Smith only create sides that have gone up and then prospered; we've seen generations of young players go through the club and it's youth development schemes, very, very few of whom have made it into OUR first team; most of the managers we've had, some with significant amounts of experience, have failed. So why can't we have internally promoted managers and players, even if it takes time for for success to happen?

And if Darren Wassall doesn't work out, then what have we really lost?  A season perhaps; some season ticket renewals perhaps; a decline in attendance perhaps - though both will more than likely come back with success.  And Mel is prepared to bankroll that.

But what might we gain?

I think this post should be given a thread of its own and pinned for us all to read when we are getting a bit carried away with the latest result/statement/comment/whatever. 

A welcome voice of reason. 

First and foremost I'm not up for a meeting with Derby owner, I don't have the time and to be fair don't get to enough games at the mo( live in Surrey and go through spells of having season ticket and only getting to local away games)so would feel taking the place of a fan more committed than me was wrong ,so not jealousy there , my take was that it was 100% stated that info was given that could not be divulged to the full fan base or there would never be any more such meetings, this was stated , end of,, for me that's wrong from the chairman and wrong from the forum,, fair comment?

14 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

all information is currently being compiled and reviewed to be published as 1 comprehensive article over the next couple of days, all the interesting stuff will be in that article, as detailed here - http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/21913-breakfast-with-mel-at-moor-farm-13216/#comment-967902

I recommend you visit the forum over the next 36-48 hours to find out all you need to know, in the mean time, please feel free to browse the forum and interact with fellow Rams fans on the variety of other topics available, or, if you have a new topic you wish to discuss, create your own. Thanks.

I can't believe someone actually thought you were patronising

no I didn't. I never said anything of the sort. The posts are still available to the MODs and they will verify that I never said anything about the sacking at all.

I said MY OPINION was that MM was right to sack him based on the reasons he gave, which he has given already but I (like most here) didn't really listen to. Just happened he explained in greater detail what the Derby Way meant, which I re-iterated.

But as mentioned... http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/21913-breakfast-with-mel-at-moor-farm-13216/#comment-967902

All will come out in one thread.

So why was the thread taken down then?

no I didn't. I never said anything of the sort. The posts are still available to the MODs and they will verify that I never said anything about the sacking at all.

I said MY OPINION was that MM was right to sack him based on the reasons he gave, which he has given already but I (like most here) didn't really listen to. Just happened he explained in greater detail what the Derby Way meant, which I re-iterated.

But as mentioned... http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/21913-breakfast-with-mel-at-moor-farm-13216/#comment-967902

All will come out in one thread.

1 hour ago, bigbadbob said:

I came upon the thread a few minutes before it got pulled, and (at the bit I had reached) it was descending into vitriol to the point of abuse without actually addressing what had been said. That might have been just a few posts at that point in the thread, but it was getting fruity, and the messengers were being lined up against the wall.

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Was getting attacked for going for breakfast wasn't we? 

Because that's all any fecker knew.

They were angry with Mel because of the lack of sausages.

Archived