I've sounded off plenty, but...

Mafiabob

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Please guys give it a rest until tomorrow when the full writeup is posted. As a fellow non-ITK I'm not privy to what was said either but I can see the big picture and won't get jealous of those who were invited. 

Where did anyone say they were jealous? I would have thought most posters on here are quite proud that the owner of their club has an affinity with this forum and thinks it's a proud and worthy vehicle to discuss our club. 

35 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Tbf that's easy coming from someone who has sat down and had a face to face with the man, fans not lucky enough are obviously going to question things because of how quick it happened and well...not many people trust large organisations.

Who attended the original session with MM and who went this morning? What was the basis for selecting those invited?

I have no idea why the thread has been taken down so can only assume that there was criticism of the chairman which went beyond what the forum operators felt was acceptable.

All for giving Wassall a chance - 1st game, 1st team selection etc and he will stand or fall by the remaining 15. What will not be acceptable to the majority of fans is what amounted to a total denial of a very poor performance - am I wrong in thinking he actually thought some aspects of our play were 'brilliant'? By all means avoid giving the players a rollicking in public but don't be so silly as to seem to pull the wool over the eyes of fans, some of whom have seen more top-class matches than he's had hot dinners. I like Wassall but he needs the backing of the fans and part of that is earning their respect - with a few exceptions, they're not fools!

1 minute ago, martin said:

I'm not really sure you can backtrack on this. 

You specifically stated that the people that attended this meeting were privy to information regarding Paul Clements sacking that MM didn't want releasing into the public domain. 

Nothing makes you or any of the other atendees any more worthy of this information than the rest of us. We all pay our money. Reading this has seriously peed me off and I would imagine many others (when they get to hear about it). 

Maybe the forum should shut down. It's integrity feels like it has been compromised today. 

I can categorically state that I do not consider any of the people who attended today to be an utter gobshite.

Your last sentence makes me think that you more than make up for that.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

I can categorically state that I do not consider any of the people who attended today to be an utter gobshite.

Were you there Eddie? I only ask because I hope you've persuaded Mel to get Trappist beers in the concourses. If you succeeded then I don't even care if we never go up. If not Trappist, then I'll settle for the big brands. Even Leffe, Schouffe etc ??

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

Christ, he's got to eddie too, look how nice he's being!

5 minutes ago, martin said:

I'm not really sure you can backtrack on this. 

You specifically stated that the people that attended this meeting were privy to information regarding Paul Clements sacking that MM didn't want releasing into the public domain. 

Nothing makes you or any of the other atendees any more worthy of this information than the rest of us. We all pay our money. Reading this has seriously peed me off and I would imagine many others (when they get to hear about it). 

Maybe the forum should shut down. It's integrity feels like it has been compromised today. 

no I didn't. I never said anything of the sort. The posts are still available to the MODs and they will verify that I never said anything about the sacking at all.

I said MY OPINION was that MM was right to sack him based on the reasons he gave, which he has given already but I (like most here) didn't really listen to. Just happened he explained in greater detail what the Derby Way meant, which I re-iterated.

But as mentioned... http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/21913-breakfast-with-mel-at-moor-farm-13216/#comment-967902

All will come out in one thread.

23 minutes ago, eddie said:

It's not the be all and end all - and it's not the number first priority. Stability and sustainability is. I actually despair at how short-sighted some Derby fans are - and so pig-ignorant and abusive some others are. Some of the things I have read tonight - not on this forum, I must add - are utterly shameful.

In the current climate of football stability is virtually impossible. Promotion is the main target that's why 25 million was spent. If Mel wanted stability then why buy 12 new players this season? The premier league this season HAS to be the goal because it will only get tougher and tougher with the parachute money and new tv deal.

Archived