I've sounded off plenty, but...

Mafiabob

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, deano180 said:

Has this forum lost it respect today? Only time will tell.......

Nope.... The best place for independent chat and debate for Derby County fans... No fan clubs/trusts with agendas...

A pleasure to debate on.

10 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Who attended the original session with MM and who went this morning? What was the basis for selecting those invited?

Not sure, I asked the Q in the other thread but returned from tweeting Jed Buxton then emailing him about away sub's blocking disabled supporters views to find the thread deleted.

I'm sure at least one of today's group was at the original circlejerk - sorry, get together.

3 minutes ago, deano180 said:

Has this forum lost it respect today? Only time will tell.......

I don't think so. I think a lot of people do a lot of hard work on here. Some people don't appreciate how much effort goes into keeping this running.  I think some people should show a bit more respect to the forum.

We're none of us stupid - It had got to be more than the negative football - infact, that did us a favour.  He went for other reasons. Mel's taking it for the team.  You Rams....

2 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Not sure, I asked the Q in the other thread but returned from tweeting Jed Buxton then emailing him about away sub's blocking disabled supporters views to find the thread deleted.

I'm sure at least one of today's group was at the original circlejerk - sorry, get together.

Said this today - how many folk were on the touchline - like Picadilly circus.  

Just now, MrsRam said:

We're none of us stupid - It had got to be more than the negative football - infact, that did us a favour.  He went for other reasons. Mel's taking it for the team.  You Rams....

it was, and Mel has stated so within his few interviews over the recent days, and at the start of the season.

It really is that simple MrsRam, perhaps it's so simple it makes it hard to believe.

Mel is a business man, he has a plan in which he is convinced will bring long term, sustainable success to Derby over a period of time. 2013-14 was ONE good season in 10. 1 in 10 is not good enough so the Derby Way exists, which is the name of the plan as mentioned by Mel numerous times.

This is not to do with breakfasts or secret chats or anything, this is all out there in the local media.

Mel was convinced that Paul Clement was failing in important areas (improving players/values/squad strength etc) and his vision was deemed as not long term enough.

I think if people didn't want to see Clement sacked, they shouldn't have booed and left early.

There's poison on this forum recently, it used to be such a nice place to sit and chew the DCFC fat, full of fun and nonsense, puns, jokes and the occasional insightful post.

It's changed beyond recognition recently, and definitely not for the better, so much so it's becoming a chore to open it up and see what's happening!

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

it was, and Mel has stated so within his few interviews over the recent days, and at the start of the season.

It really is that simple MrsRam, perhaps it's so simple it makes it hard to believe.

Mel is a business man, he has a plan in which he is convinced will bring long term, sustainable success to Derby over a period of time. 2013-14 was ONE good season in 10. 1 in 10 is not good enough so the Derby Way exists, which is the name of the plan as mentioned by Mel numerous times.

This is not to do with breakfasts or secret chats or anything, this is all out there in the local media.

Mel was convinced that Paul Clement was failing in important areas (improving players/values/squad strength etc) and his vision was deemed as not long term enough.

I think if people didn't want to see Clement sacked, they shouldn't have booed and left early.

Yeah.  You can see why we're all a bit sceptical tho?

5 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

Said this today - how many folk were on the touchline - like Picadilly circus.  

It was a bit manic at times.

I find the away sub's are pretty disrespectful, they stand in a group of 3 just watching the game, not even warming up. They create a wall that blocks a large portion of the pitch. Simon Cox was an ass about it last season, was asked to move by those around me and he refused and jeered them which incited the crowd. I hope Jed passes it on and it gets looked in to. I don't mind the players being there...if they are actually warming up, its the standing chatting and watching the game. Disabled fans complained at Bristol City a few years ago and action was taken so fingers crossed.

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

You're in danger of spilling the (breakfast) beans too early me owd. 

And I heard people only left early due to traffic problems.

49 minutes ago, 24/7ram said:

i left early well 90 mins due to the fact I had put more effort and passion into getting to the ground than aleast five players had playing today. mr Morris needs a motivational and tactical manger which I think is hard to find but if he doesn't sort it quickly the scar from the previous season will only be ever present in forthcoming season

Well you and I weren't at the same match 24/7.  I've seen Derby players in the past not put effort into a match and there were none that deserve that description today, whatever the result.

There are players clearly out of form and lacking in confidence and not playing well; there are players - Bryson, Bent, Weimann and Hendrick for four - who are clearly not 90 minute match fit; overall we are not playing well is to state the bleeding obvious, but I saw 11 plus substitutes at least put effort into the match

I think Eddie's being far too kind.  There are some on here who are either choosing not to listen to what they are being told or who are deliberately misinterpreting what they are being told.  If it's worse elsewhere then I'm very glad I don't have access to those message boards.

We have an owner/Chairman - and you can reasonably debate the wisdom of having the same person in both roles - who has a very clear vision of what he wants for this club and is prepared to back it up by using his own resources; a Chairman who is prepared to back his senior staff but also someone not afraid to challenge or to make very hard decisions.  The easiest thing in the world would have been for Mel to let Paul Clement continue, but Mel very obviously felt that PC had not bought into the vision and therefore had to go - and the cost, in money, disruption and emotion will be considerable

The second easiest thing would have been to have cancelled this morning's breakfast meeting (and no, I wasn't invited).  But we have a Chairman prepared to meet fan representatives and to talk to them as openly as he can.  The majority of DCFC Chairmen in the 50+ years I've watched Derby have stayed millions of miles from supporters.

The third easiest thing for Mel to have done would have been to have immediately brought someone in from outside as manager/coach.  But just as his vision is that the first team will be significantly made up of home grown players then so he has given a chance to the most senior and well qualified internal football person in the club, to make a go of it.  He knows, that in doing so, we might not get promotion this season but he doesn't want promotion for promotion's sake if it means we are more than likely to come down again. One of the important things for him is to give an insider a chance.  What if Wassall succeeds?  Wouldn't that be fantastic? How do you know he won't unless you give him a chance?

Mel and I are of a similar generation of Rams fans.  We've seen Sir Brian, Arthur Cox and Jim Smith only create sides that have gone up and then prospered; we've seen generations of young players go through the club and it's youth development schemes, very, very few of whom have made it into OUR first team; most of the managers we've had, some with significant amounts of experience, have failed. So why can't we have internally promoted managers and players, even if it takes time for for success to happen?

And if Darren Wassall doesn't work out, then what have we really lost?  A season perhaps; some season ticket renewals perhaps; a decline in attendance perhaps - though both will more than likely come back with success.  And Mel is prepared to bankroll that.

But what might we gain?

Archived