I've sounded off plenty, but...

Mafiabob

Just now, Tim Bucktoo said:

Not aiming / not necessary - okaaay. Semantics asides, there's ambiguity and it's not just me or other derby fans that think it. 

As for the traffic myth. I think, no I know, that loads of people left today because they were cheesed off (again) , not because of the traffic. 

Its not semantics at all its whaat was actually said

The traffic myth isnt a myth thats why loads of peple leave early because they did it when we played well too.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Yani P said:

Not sure anyone wants promotion at any cost...if we are promoted and the club is strategically not set up for it then that sits squarely at the door of the current "owner",,,,

How do you set up a club for promotion. 

Genuine question and I'm not mocking you. What would you do to prepare the club for promotion and then survival in the PL? 

Whatever anyone says about Mel. Whatever they think about what he says and/or does... He wants promotion. He wants top half of the PL. And his philosophy hasn't changed since day 1. Only problem is people weren't listening before. 

22 minutes ago, McLovin said:

If promotion is not a target then why spend £25 million? It's now or never because we certainly won't get promoted nexr year with the  likes of villa and newcastle in the championship.

That is the same bs that is said evey year, and how this seasons championship is the strongest it has ever been until about November when it is a piss poor league and next year is gonna be the strongest it has ever been with x, y and z coming down

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

If you want promotion at all costs then you must have been in a coma when we last got promoted

Yep and performances like today show that how we are at the moment we are a million miles away from where we need to be. Whether that is down to Clement or just the lack of quality that's needed I'm not sure.  I'd like to think things can be turned around. When's Hughes back??

Just now, McLovin said:

This is a completely different team and the prem isn't as hard as it was then.

It's not a team at all. It's broken. It needs fixing. It broke down last year and hasn't worked as well since. 

The Premiership could be the easiest or hardest thing in the world but right now we aren't there. And this division is tough enough

If you want promotion at all costs then you must have been in a coma when we last got promoted

With respect, I understand what you're saying but I don't think that view is right.

Getting up is the hardest thing and  with painful hindsight we can adjust and succeed. Surely if we had Billy Mk II, then we could replace him and the players who aren't good enough, especially with the money from sky and I'm sure Mel too. 

Also, it's worth remembering that Billy is surely a one off. I can't remember any other play off managers being so disingenuous and obnoxious only minutes after a play off win. I also can't remember a manager being so inept in his purchase of new players. I also can't remember a club finally realising that their manager was a poison tw@t but then replacing him with a manager who couldn't win a game for 360 days, get stung in a NOTW proz sting and be torly inept in every aspect of his role. 

So to anyone who says we're not ready to go up, we're actually always ready to go up. It's what we do in the summer and thereafter which really counts. Look at Leicester 14 or if you want the painful teminder, forest 78.

How do you set up a club for promotion. 

Genuine question and I'm not mocking you. What would you do to prepare the club for promotion and then survival in the PL? 

Whatever anyone says about Mel. Whatever they think about what he says and/or does... He wants promotion. He wants top half of the PL. And his philosophy hasn't changed since day 1. Only problem is people weren't listening before. 

I dont disagree at all

I think I replied to a post where someone was questioning if we should accept promotion at any cost..

I dont think we should but I firmly believe that if a club is well run then  you will make yourself ready

No club has a god foresaken right to promotion..if you miss it once you might end up in League 2 wondering what went wrong..

You have to trust the club that whatever happens you manage it properly to be ready - no excuses..

i left early well 90 mins due to the fact I had put more effort and passion into getting to the ground than aleast five players had playing today. mr Morris needs a motivational and tactical manger which I think is hard to find but if he doesn't sort it quickly the scar from the previous season will only be ever present in forthcoming season

4 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Everything? Sorry mate, cat's out of the bag now! Can't blame people for being curious really can you?

it's back in with a few bricks and in the bottom of the Trent now Phil! :lol:

I'd love to know what you think I referred to, like all entitled Derby fans lately, you make mountains out of molehills. I've had it pointed out to me that I've worded something that makes it sound like I'm in the know about something, when I really ain't. Just an opinion, nothing more. So don't get worked up.

Let it lie before the forum shuts down! 

30 minutes ago, McLovin said:

If promotion is not a target then why spend £25 million? It's now or never because we certainly won't get promoted nexr year with the  likes of villa and newcastle in the championship.

It's not the be all and end all - and it's not the number first priority. Stability and sustainability is. I actually despair at how short-sighted some Derby fans are - and so pig-ignorant and abusive some others are. Some of the things I have read tonight - not on this forum, I must add - are utterly shameful.

Archived