simple poll do you still back Mel???

simple poll  

337 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Half fan said:

I wonder if the reason why an incredible 89% still approve of Mel, is because he is acting and talking like a fan who owns the club?

The other 11%, of which I am obviously one, perhaps perceive he has no idea how to act and talk like a successful football club Chairman.

I wonder how Board meetings would be going if he did not own the club?

There is trouble ahead.

You give yourself far too little credit for your startling clarity and perception.

10 minutes ago, HenriDCFC said:

Some people seem to forget he's a Rams fan, he wants what's best for the club, all these people saying he's pathetic know nothing really 

Do you know anything though? Do any of us? 

I don't think he's pathetic, just like Troy said - Behind him but with a few more doubts than before. He could be having us all on, time will tell. 

I don't get people calling Mel pathetic. I think that in itself is pathetic. However, I don't subscribe to the fact that because he is a fan he will do what is best for the club. I worry about the fact he is fan. 

Fans by their very definition are fanatical. Fanatical and cool, calm and collected don't exactly go hand in hand. 

You just need to come on here after a defeat to see how emotional fans can get. We don't always make the right choices when we are emotional. 

That's my only worry. 

I trust him, he has built successful companies and is not afraid to get his hands dirty.

He wants promotion, however not at any cost. I expect he feels the pain from our last adventure in the Premier League.

Its a choice between instant gratification or long term sustainable success.

16 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

Yes and no... (I ultimately voted no).

I believe he means well and is a true Derby fan. But I get the feeling he is being too meddling and letting his heart rule before his head.

ok lets consider you win the triple lottery (I hope so) and you take over DCFC.  I presume you are going to throw your millions at it and then walk way?  

Well maybe you would because I don't know you but I wouldn't particular if you could sense matters were starting to spiral out of control.  We all make mistakes the key is having the guts to confront the problem and decisively do something about it.  His next decision is incredibly important

There are many on here saying that the appointment of Wassall is wrong, that we aren't that far away and that we can still go up even if it is through the playoffs. That's exactly why he sacked Clement. He has stated that PC was adamant on getting promotion this year. The thing is that Mel was here the last time. He can see a repeat of that year. Let's have a poll on all those who would take promotion this season if if meant getting very close to breaking our own record. PC didn't seem to know how to turn things around in this blip, imagine how it happening in the premier could turn out! Seriously, do we look ready for promotion at this moment? Or do we go for it and then spend another 100 million to keep us they?

Nothing surprises those of us who have been supporting the Rams for over 50 years but I didn't expect Paul Clement to go so soon. I suppose I'm guilty of being "old style". Going back a few years, I would have kept Nigel Clough on for longer. Same goes for Steve McLaren  [if he really wanted to stay]. So, in line with that thinking, my immediate view was that this was harsh.

That saId, my last visit for the Birmingham game confused the hell out of me. No movement upfront, slow passing, players playing within their own "squares". I came away thinking that we had been well beaten by a fairly average team, who made us look like Amateurs in many ways..

So, I can't be too upset by it. I thought Paul Clement was a decent bloke and I like that in an old fashioned way. I didn't take to his way of playing though. If he said that his intention was to keep playing that way, I can understand why Mel said he'd had enough.

All very confusing though, isn't it....

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

As long as when he calls it a day, we're debt free and have a great infrastructure in place, I'm not expecting much more at this moment in time.

Not a loaded question, but who WAS the last owner to leave us completely debt free? Genuinely cannot think who it would be.

Just now, StaffsRam said:

Not a loaded question, but who WAS the lady owner to leave us completely debt free? Genuinely cannot think who it would be.

Not sure we've ever had a lady owner, have we? :lol:

6 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Wrong question asked completely in this poll for me. If it said:

"Do you think Mel Morris has performed a good job as chairman in his time at DCFC?" a lot more people will probably vote no.

So you're saying the question is wrong because the specific opinion that you want to voice cannot be voiced by the answer you give to the question that's been put forward?

Archived