simple poll do you still back Mel???

simple poll  

337 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

Not a loaded question, but who WAS the last owner to leave us completely debt free? Genuinely cannot think who it would be.

No idea either, by debt free I mean not in the position Bolton or Forest have ended up in, owing millions to an owner in the form of loans.

I'm quite confident Mel wouldn't do that, btw, just feel the best you can hope for is the owner leaves the club in a better state than they found it.

Success on top of that would be a bonus, but I'm not as hopeful as most that will happen.

Hope Mel is not fooled. I think the vote would of been 100% if this poll was done and clement was still in charge.

A lot of people (me included) do not like the idea of having a chairman who gives the manager little time. I fear he has the mindset of Cellino.

We shall see how long he gives the next guy!

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Promotion is important because it's the only way he's ever going to recoup any of his investment - if he ever intends to walk away.

It isn't top priority this year though. He'd rather we build a strong team who play entertaining football, capable of staying in the Prem. He sees this as preferable to going up unprepared and coming straight down & having to re-build again.

You may noy be aware but the teams in the relegation zone in the Prem.are spending loads of

cash to stay up (except Villa).The teams at the top of our league are doing the same. Why? because

next season The new Sky deal with the Prem kicks in. Its a record sum,Billions. Worth gatting there and

getting our share.If we get relegated,so what?We get parachute payments as well.

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I'd prefer to go back to when Clement was in discussion to be appointment. I'm very intrigued as to what Clement said and if any of it was utter bullshit to just land the job.

Why do you want to go back that far? Nothing Mel said about PC in 2015 can give you any doubt that PC was doing a great job through that time. Have you not listened to Mel's gushing appreciation of PC on Sky (with Max Rushden) mid-December? Mel then goes out early January and buys his guy another couple of players.  Something happened after this point that changed the dynamic between the two. Now I am no Columbo, but if I was interested in investigating this sorry case I think I would focus my attention on the timeline of 21.35 on 12 January 2016.

1 hour ago, top 6 finish said:

You may noy be aware but the teams in the relegation zone in the Prem.are spending loads of

cash to stay up (except Villa).The teams at the top of our league are doing the same. Why? because

next season The new Sky deal with the Prem kicks in. Its a record sum,Billions. Worth gatting there and

getting our share.If we get relegated,so what?We get parachute payments as well.

You're right. I did not know any of that. Thank you for pointing out my ignorance. 

Sarcasm filter melted.

3 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Seems to me MM has taken all pressure away from the staff and players which is a clever tactic. Whether it will lead to goals galore and free flowing football is another thing.

Somehow convinced myself too that was what the not having to get promotion this year was all about, removing pressure from whoever is running the team would be a wise move for any owner.

The myth crumbles a bit when he sounds so convincing, because it doesn't compute with what most fans would want.

3 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

88.57%.

I know there's at least one more popular chairman in Eastern Asia.

Tories won the General Election  when all the opinion polls pointed to Labour except the one that mattered . 

Ask a question in a certain way and you get certain answers. 

58 minutes ago, curtains said:

Tories won the General Election  when all the opinion polls pointed to Labour except the one that mattered . 

Ask a question in a certain way and you get certain answers. 

this is not a democracy we don't vote for the Chairman and this one has a significant landslide far in excess of the example referred to.  Reword it you may get 80/20 but you would still be in a significant tiny minority.

Just now, rammieib said:

Yes.

Well I want people to know that I like cake, so i think the question should have been "Despite all the commotion at the club, do you still like cake?"

I'm now angry that it wasn't. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

Well I want people to know that I like cake, so i think the question should have been "Despite all the commotion at the club, do you still like cake?"

I'm now angry that it wasn't. 

However - taking the conversation back on track - there are different questions that could be asked all on a similar topic but all slightly different. I've got no interest in poll after poll but I honestly think if people were asked if he's doing a good job, more people will say no but they overall support him still. Personally - He's had his six months, he's not cut the mustard - time for him to go!

Archived