simple poll do you still back Mel???

simple poll  

337 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Personally - He's had his six months, he's not cut the mustard - time for him to go!

See that?. That's any credibility you had from your previous 1658 posts disappearing over the horizon.

Time for him to go?. Actually did LOL at that. Utterly daft.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

See that?. That's any credibility you had from your previous 1658 posts disappearing over the horizon.

Sarcasm went over your head then - I was referring to Mel Morris should go!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Sarcasm went over your head then - I was referring to Mel Morris should go!!!!!!

Glad the polls going so well,it is like saying would you want a wage rise.it can only go one way.

The man owns the club,,

We are doing this Mels way,their is no other choice 

A ballot held and Paul Clements would still be our head coach

Don't lose the plot this is the 7th year of a 5 year plan.Moving on is over .   Action is now

Every year is a wasted year,after the Jewell time,Our club was to rise from turmoil and we embraced the yanks 5 year plan.

12th---10th--2nd-8th The squad is ready,,last year was a blip,and we should be more focused in 2015/16

I voted yes even though I am still pretty appalled by the decision to sack Clement.

Before anyone suggests it, I do generally think sacking managers is the easy, panicked option and, from what I know thus far, this decision seems one of the more ludicrous.

So...why do I still support Mel? First, what other option is there which doesn't adversely affect the club I have loved all my life (if there was a general 'Mel out' movement of course)?

From my perspective, Mel has been overwhelmingly good for the club in every way bar his falling out with McClaren and Clement. Even then, he shares culpability for those break downs at worst and, truth be told, neither was the perfect manager (there is no such thing by definition.) I do think he needs to get over his apparent "get on board as much as I am or get out" perspective unless he's intending to employ only Derby fans as manager hereonin.

As a club of our size, we should regard it as a badge of honour that bigger clubs seek to steal our players/managers. It means we are succeeding. As we steadily increase in size, that will change. It's not disloyal for a career coach to have ambition. Indeed, I wonder if Mel deep down felt McClaren "owed" him for "rescuing him from oblivion". 

If he did - especially if he appointed Clement thinking he was 'special' because he gave Clement his virgin managerial post (I am sure he didn't...obviously MM knew Blunderland were also interested) - then he HAS to change his perspective quickly.

You cannot change 'disloyalty' by being disloyal in return. Indeed, future Derby managers will already be thinking MM has an itchy trigger finger which will only encourage them to protect their own interests.

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 12:54, Wolfie said:

I'd bet a pound that if we play well on Saturday then the poll would move in Mel's favour. Hopefully we'll get to see what we've been missing all season.

I'm more excited for this game than I have been in ages.

Have you calmed down yet?

It doesn't seem so now, but it's only fair to see how his ownership turns out long term, I believe long term he'll be a decent guardian for us, and will leave us stronger than when he arrived.

In the short term, it will be bumpy, let's hope he doesn't become too disillusioned and throw his toys out the pram prematurely. 

This is a learning curve for him and I think we will begin to see him in a better light in the summer. Starting with a mass exodus of players and a real focus on the youth players. No more big spending transfer windows and probably much more focus on the club as part of the community, which to be fair to him is going well. But we will see more of it and feel more of it. Not ignoring the loan market again will do him and the club wonders. Loans are great when done well. 

1 minute ago, Uptherams said:

This is a learning curve for him and I think we will begin to see him in a better light in the summer. Starting with a mass exodus of players and a real focus on the youth players. No more big spending transfer windows and probably much more focus on the club as part of the community, which to be fair to him is going well. But we will see more of it and feel more of it. Not ignoring the loan market again will do him and the club wonders. Loans are great when done well. 

Pie in the sky, rose-tinted spex to the fore.

Ego + arrogance + power

He genuinely thinks he knows he knows the answers to evrything.

who to sign. Who to pick. How to play.

aaaagh i feel sick.

It's not the big spending transfer windows that have messed it up it was signing as many players as we could get our hands on. From the team we had last year we only needed a few players to make it work. Carson, shackell, ince. Then butterfield when will got injured. Then all the money wasted on the rest put to signing a huge signing, someone like McCormack, gray or rhodes and we would have been a real force.

instead were stuck with lots of players that just don't fit in or are not good enough

2 hours ago, satty atwal said:

Simple answer..... no. Also this is stupid/pointless/ungrateful thread number 106

It was tongue in cheek but seeing as you asked so politely.

How is it pointless and ungrateful? It's about Derby - do you find Derby pointless? I don't.

What am I being ungrateful about? The signings? The performances? All the points we're accumulating? The inability to currently beat anyone? The 2 shots on target this year?

The planned artificial pitch at Moor Farm is a triumph, I'll give you that. 

Derby County will be my club until I draw my last breath

I've been a passionate supporter since 1966 - the club is a massive part of my being 

I have every right to ask any question I see fit - I might not get the answer I want

I might not like the answer I get

But I have every right to ask it and expect an open debate on my club..

Mel is the guardian today - it needs to be in safe hands..

But no one really owns Derby County FC...they just hold its destiny for a short while..

Archived