Burnley v Derby

Carl Sagan

Carson

Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Warnock

Butterfield, Thorne, Hendrick

Ince, Martin, Camara

Grant, Shotton, Baird, Johnson, Blackman, Weimann/Russell, Bent

Yeah... Our squad's definitely too big. Couldn't even pick a bench that covers all positions without leaving one of Blackman, Bent, Russell or Weimann out. 

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know its only January but I think this game could really have greater implications on either us or Burnleys season. The way the results have gone today if a team loses its probably going to be play-offs or less for them as a 6 or 7 points deficit is going to be very hard to overturn.

I cant see anything but a Burnley win. With us out of form and playing very badly, them with 1 defeat in 6, infront of the Sky cameras at Turf Moor against an well drilled and experienced Burnley side, oh and and dont forget Andre Gray.

18 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

I know its only January but I think this game could really have greater implications on either us or Burnleys season. The way the results have gone today if a team loses its probably going to be play-offs or less for them as a 6 or 7 points deficit is going to be very hard to overturn.

I cant see anything but a Burnley win. With us out of form and playing very badly, them with 1 defeat in 6, infront of the Sky cameras at Turf Moor against an well drilled and experienced Burnley side, oh and and dont forget Andre Gray.

Surely today's results only highlight that a 6 point gap at this stage is nothing!

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

This is a must win game. A draw is simply not good enough if we have aspirations to finish in the top 2

It would be nice to win. But a must win it is not. This is what is wrong with this season, every game is seemingly do or die. Plenty of games to go, plenty of twists and turns ahead. I'd be happy with a good performance first and foremost.

23 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

It would be nice to win. But a must win it is not. This is what is wrong with this season, every game is seemingly do or die. Plenty of games to go, plenty of twists and turns ahead. I'd be happy with a good performance first and foremost.

Have to agree... just want to see a reaction with some heart and fight.

Minimum requirement is a draw, a performance and some team togetherness. .. A win would defo get us going again.

this is a blip caused by new team members coming in, lack of confidence started after the Leeds game and a bit of sulking. 

We have the power .. Just need to have the right tyres so the wheels don't spin. 

12 hours ago, eddie said:

It would be fun to lose - just to see the apoplectic reactions on here.

Not half as much fun as watching us putting them to the sword fella!  Hopefully we'll get a reaction and show what we're about.  I don't believe we're in a crisis as such, but the top of the table is looking cluttered again and a draw or a win would certainly help settle nerves and would also send out a message that reports of our demise are somewhat premature. If we go to Burnley and get thumped, I don't doubt a few will be losing their @@@@ on these boards but I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion.  A must-win? I don't think so, but an important game nonetheless.

Archived