Burnley v Derby

Carl Sagan

Here's hoping we play better away, no pressure off the fans groaning after a pass back and keeping the ball, but when we do have the ball we have to be faster with it playing against 2 banks of 4 at home and just playing slow and giving the opposition time to get back into position. Anyway we really need the 3 points if we want top 2 we can't let hull get 7 points clear... With the line up Russell shouldn't be in the team In fact I'd drop him off the bench for bent camara needs a full game. Subs were made to late on Saturday there should off been 1 or 2 changes at half time it wasn't working we left it too late! 

Lets go get 3 points please COYR 

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16 January 2016 at 22:54, Saul Pimpson said:

Tough game against market leaders at their own head office.

Carson

Baird Keogh Shackell Warnock

Weimann Thorne Butterfield Camara

Martin Blackman

I like the look of that team . Some width without relying on Warnock and Christie to be part time wingers but is it time to experiment like this ? I honestly don't know .. I do know that Camara had 5 goes at crossing on Saturday from far left and 3 of those 5 were all dangerous and opportunity creating. Butterfield must also start as he seems to be the only one at the moment who can play a telling pass. Thorne will be better having had a run. Come on Rams .. Let's get back in to gear and show some grit, fire passion drive and will to win. We know you have it in you.

21 hours ago, Rampage said:

RamNut, can your dog play football and if not, why not? We need a dogged midfielder.

If I could figure out how to post a video I'd show you my dog playing football ( same bread as Ramnuts I think ) and boy she's good .. Ace close control and amazing energy .. Just can't (or won't) pass for toffee

1 hour ago, jono said:

If I could figure out how to post a video I'd show you my dog playing football ( same bread as Ramnuts I think ) and boy she's good .. Ace close control and amazing energy .. Just can't (or won't) pass for toffee

Under 18 presumably, so Academy, I think. She may not get in the first team but could be a substitute in the Capital One Cup, RamNut. :D Clement could be on the horns of a dilemma, she may not be retained at the end of the season. Burton Albion? I suggest early retirement or coaching badges may be the way forward, RamNut.

Camara has to start this one for me. He just has to.

I saw enough in the 15-20 minutes he was on v Brum that he will create chances.

As Jono said. He put 5 crosses in the box. Thats 5 more than Russell or Ince did in the 75 minutes before.

Russell and Weimann do not get to the byline, they dont go past defenders and they tend to turn back. Camara gets the ball and his first thought is to get forward. He is quite clearly quick. He doesnt need the skill. We saw on Saturday, knocks it past his full back and because of his pace he is able to put balls in the box. Thats how we create chances. 

Russell has had his chance for me now. I havent seen anything from him in recent weeks that suggests he should keep his place in the side.

3 hours ago, jono said:

Probably get a call from Roy Hodgson soon. He loves these type of players. 

3 hours ago, jono said:

try offering a biscuit instead, she might be more willing to give you the ball

On 16 January 2016 at 22:47, North_Stand_Ram said:

Can't see anything past a Burnley win

Carson

back 4

thorne

butterfield Johnson 

Ince Martin Weimann 

Nor me sadly. With our present ultra low confidence & poor form of late, plus the fact that we haven't beaten them in about 100 years. I would think are chances are very slim especially if they score first. Although I just have a slight feeling the game being live on Sky Sports might work in our favour on this occasion, don't ask me why though.

I do believe things will improve for us in the league after this game though, so no need for any more panic yet. As long as Mr Morris stay's out of the dressing room after games of course.

Based on recent selection

Martin (Gk)

Camara RussellJohnson(Capt) Bent

Baird

Pearce                Seewankambo 

Mitchell         Grant     Carson 

Martin later criticised for poor handling and Mel furious at Baird's failure to deal with Burnley's midfield.

Johnson congratulated on winning the toss.

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Based on recent selection

Martin (Gk)

Camara RussellJohnson(Capt) Bent

Baird

Pearce                Seewankambo 

Mitchell         Grant     Carson 

Martin later criticised for poor handling and Mel furious at Baird's failure to deal with Burnley's midfield.

Johnson congratulated on winning the toss.

How very dare you put the words Johnson and toss in the same sentence.

49 minutes ago, TETRA said:

Carson

back 4

thorne

butterfield Johnson 

Ince   Martin  Weimann 

Carson

back 4

thorne

butterfield Johnson 

Ince   RamNut's Dog  Weimann 

:D