Burnley v Derby

Carl Sagan

9 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

My team:

Carson

Christie     Keogh        Shackell     Warnock

Thorne

Butterfield           Hendrick                 

Russell                                             Camara   
                                              Martin                                          

Nearly.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christie's form and confidence will shatter if he's dropped, he needs a game in a team that are playing well.

p.s We need a new back up keeper.

Carson

Christie    Keogh    Shackell   Warnock

Thorne

Hendrick    Butterfield

Blackman           Martin            Camara

9 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

My team:

Carson

Christie     Keogh        Shackell     Warnock

Thorne

Butterfield           Hendrick                 

Ince                                             Camara   
                                              Martin                                          

I'd go with that, but IF Ince doesn't show oikk him off and stick Blackman on. Ince could be a match winner, but he needs to show up in attack and link with Martin. Hendrick and Butts to supply better service up the pitch.

2 hours ago, Zag zig said:

I'd go with that, but IF Ince doesn't show oikk him off and stick Blackman on. Ince could be a match winner, but he needs to show up in attack and link with Martin. Hendrick and Butts to supply better service up the pitch.

I agree with this, Ince seems to have lost a lot of confidence recently. He's the sort of player where he needs to be full of confidence to play well. Granted this style of play means he'll lose the ball half of the time but the other half, as we saw last season, tended to be him created something special.

Someone made a remark on another thread that it's possible Clement has ''coached the creativity out of our players'' and Ince seems to be the best example of this at the minute.He doesn't even try and take on men anymore, seemingly content with passing back to Christie every time, making his overall contribution very small.

Risks are necessary to succeed and letting Ince do his thing, even if he is going to lose the ball half of the time, is a risk worth taking.

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

:lol:

Absolute wind up merchant. Or a red dog. Not sure which one yet.

Remember when everyone laughed at the possibility of mourinho getting sacked? On the other hand I had a dream the other night that we played burnley in the play off final and we won 3-0

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Remember when everyone laughed at the possibility of mourinho getting sacked? On the other hand I had a dream the other night that we played burnley in the play off final and we won 3-0

Dream on McLovin, in my dream we always win 5 - 0

We are realistically more likely to be hammered by Burnley on TV than any other outcome.

27 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Mourinho was 17th in the league with 4 wins from 18 league games. Don't see the comparison myself mate.

Of course, nobody is untouchable but if we were to sack PC next week whatever the outcome then I'd seriously question the strategy of this football club. If he's not the right man next week he's not the right man now, last week or ever was.

14 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Couldn't come at a worse time...

Burnley fan perspective, I'd rather you were on better form.  

From reading here it sounds like the pressure is on at home and the players are crumbling under it.  Suddenly put those players in a position where there is less expectation, more concentrated support and they are perceived as the underdogs... I can see a response.  

Looking at your squad I can see Martin coming good given what happened last visit and I'm worried about Ince because he strikes me as a player who could turn it on for the cameras. Blackman will either score or get sent off if he starts.  Shackell will get some stick and love it.

Our form is great at the moment and it looks like we've finally found that next gear that our supporters sensed we've had but haven't seen. This kind of form tends to end with a bang rather than a wimper, maybe I'm just a pessimist but I'm a bit worried.

3 minutes ago, ClaretMatt said:

From reading here it sounds like the pressure is on at home and the players are crumbling under it.  Suddenly put those players in a position where there is less expectation, more concentrated support and they are perceived as the underdogs... I can see a response.  

Looking at your squad I can see Martin coming good given what happened last visit and I'm worried about Ince because he strikes me as a player who could turn it on for the cameras. Blackman will either score or get sent off if he starts.  Shackell will get some stick and love it.

Our form is great at the moment and it looks like we've finally found that next gear that our supporters sensed we've had but haven't seen. This kind of form tends to end with a bang rather than a wimper, maybe I'm just a pessimist but I'm a bit worried.

If we play like we have in the last two games, you will win comfortably... But we have a good week on the training ground, so hopefully we can overcome it 

Carson

Christie   Keogh    shackell    warnock

Thorne

Butterfield     Hendrick

Ince.                 Martin.              Camara

Carson needs to start else we might add will give them 3 points Grant is far too unreliable. Camara needs to start over Russell and johnson needs a break so Butterfield to start. 

But an out of form rams vs in form Burnley in front of the sky tv hoodoo. This just gets worse.  

A respectable defeat Is probably better. A draw hopeful. A rams win a miracle.

I personally think we'll lose. And I don't think we'll lose very often at all. They're on great form and we're ***** at the moment. Make no mistake about it, we will pick up. It's just our bad spell and there's no telling how long that could last. We could go out and beat Burnley and everything is rosey again, or they could beat us and we're on a freefall to midtable.

Them on form + us off form + them being our bogey side equals one thing...

2 hours ago, ClaretMatt said:

I'm hoping that's the case I think the team will be a bit more fired up for this match.

3 hours ago, ClaretMatt said:

Its much deeper than that by the looks of it. I wouldn't worry, we've got about as much attacking threat as a toothless poodle at the minute 

Archived