Are you a moron?

Mostyn6

3 hours ago, Rammy1 said:

Hardly any singing today. Bad form all round. Common. Get it ticking again. Birmingham never stopped to there crefit

Yeah well perhaps they had some thing to sing about,two woe ful home performances in one week, i finish work early for a two hour Drive ,petrol,parking,loss of earnings admission to watch utter trash, look I don't like to see us lose,and every dog has its day,we can't win them all.but to see the sh#t quality ,sloppy ,poor excuse of an effort by some of the players probably earning half my salary for the year in the the last two games ,I have a right to let them know that I think they need a proper kick up the backside and if they can't take it well don't pick up your wages.No one ever has taken me to one side and gave me a bloody round of applause for doing a sh&t job and ripping them off.which I feel the players have done to me this week.lining their pockets for sweet fa .perhaps some of them should get a proper job for a couple of months and reaslise just how easy they have it(I know proff prem players ,so know the life style hours ,ect) as prev said don't mind seeing us lose ,god forbid I've supported us for 50 years  disapointment part of being a Ram but bloody hell at least try and entertain us 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Yeah well perhsp they had some thing to sing about,two woe ful home performances in ewhivh I finish work easrlhy for a two hour Drive ,petrol,parking,loss of earnings admission to watch utter trash, look I don't like to see us lose,and every dog has its day,we can't win them all.but to see the sh#t quality ,sloppy ,poor excuse of an effort by some of the players probly earning half my salary for the year in the the last two games ,I have a right to let them know that I think they need a proper kick up the backside and if they can't take it well don't pick up your wages.No one ever taken me to one side and gave me a bloody round of applause for doing a sh&t job and ripping them off.which I ferel the players have done to me this week.link g their pockets for sweet fa .perhaps some of them should get a proper job for a couple off months and reaslise just how easy they have it(I know proff prem players ,so know the life style hours ect) as prev said don't mind seeing us lose ,god forbid I've supported us for 50 years but bloody hell at least try and entertain us 

You clearly have a great disdain for our players. Perhaps you would be happier if you stopped losing your earnings.

4 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Yeah well perhsp they had some thing to sing about,two woe ful home performances in ewhivh I finish work easrlhy for a two hour Drive ,petrol,parking,loss of earnings admission to watch utter trash, look I don't like to see us lose,and every dog has its day,we can't win them all.but to see the sh#t quality ,sloppy ,poor excuse of an effort by some of the players probly earning half my salary for the year in the the last two games ,I have a right to let them know that I think they need a proper kick up the backside and if they can't take it well don't pick up your wages.No one ever taken me to one side and gave me a bloody round of applause for doing a sh&t job and ripping them off.which I ferel the players have done to me this week.link g their pockets for sweet fa .perhaps some of them should get a proper job for a couple off months and reaslise just how easy they have it(I know proff prem players ,so know the life style hours ect) as prev said don't mind seeing us lose ,god forbid I've supported us for 50 years but bloody hell at least try and entertain us 

Herzberg theory suggests that money is not a motivator. I get sick of seeing this **** about "oh they get paid so much boohoo". Money gives you job satisfaction. It does not give you job motivation. Status, recognition, sense of personal achievement are all motivating factors which a crowd can provide. 

i timed the first moan at 48 seconds, but i'll forgive the bloke next to me that one.

But I found the behaviour of the crowd quite incredible in terms of getting up and walking out.

if grant had tipped the second goal over the bar we might have had a chance to rescue a point but not if we let soft goals in.

11 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Herzberg theory suggests that money is not a motivator. I get sick of seeing this **** about "oh they get paid so much boohoo". Money gives you job satisfaction. It does not give you job motivation. Status, recognition, sense of personal achievement are all motivating factors which a crowd can provide. 

I agree but I dont think you should recieve praise ,admiration , pats on the back and 25000 people supporting you for doing a **** job,when you are clearly employed as a competent experienced highly paid professional. Be a bit different if we were playing the under twenty ones out their ,but these lads have a contract of employment as quality experienced profesnals.What do you want us to say oh well done lads ,Birmingham FCC bloody brill team them,on half the wages ,crap ground ,inferior training facilities and on less than half your wages ,but doesnt matter go home ,have a cup of tea and don't forget to pick up your 20k a week wages before driving off in your 90k beamer to your 4. Mill pound pad ?

2 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

I agree but I dont think you should recieve praise ,admiration , patsd on the back and 25000 people sdupportinb you for doing as **** job,when you asre clearly employed as a competent experienced highly paid professional. Be a bit different if we were playing the under twenty ones but therxsr lads have a contract of employment as quality experienced profesnals.What dfo want us to say oh well done lads ,Birmingham FCC bloody btill team then on half the waged ,crap ground ,inferior training facilities and on less than half your wages ,but dfoesdnt matter go home ,have a cup of tea and don't forget to pick up your 20k a week waged before driving off in your 90k beamer to your 4. Mill pound pad ?

all the fairweather moaners stay away from Birmingham games now, and they are back to just the fans that were there last time they were this rubbish.

Once again, you associate wages with expectation.

Geez, we are 3rd in the league and the fans, SUPPORTERS of the team are about ready to jump off the cliff. What the hell will happen if we at sometime reach the promotion and start playing teams like Arsenal and Man.C and lose several games in a row ? Nobody will be able to deal with the negativity here in that point.

We have 19 games to get Hull's 4 point advantage closed.

4 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Geez, we are 3rd in the league and the fans, SUPPORTERS of the team are about ready to jump off the cliff. What the hell will happen if we at sometime reach the promotion and start playing teams like Arsenal and Man.C and lose several games in a row ? Nobody will be able to deal with the negativity here in that point.

We have 19 games to get Hull's 4 point advantage closed.

funny you ask that. Last time in the Premier League, we were abysmal but our fans were awesome and won loads of accolades for sticking by such a rubbish team, yet here we are over the last 3 weeks, in positions 1,2 and 3 in the league, with fans making iPro a miserable place, and now it's perpetual. Players waiting for the fans to spark something, Fans waiting for the players to spark something.

Makes me laugh that some of our fans still claim to be good fans, yet they won't take the lead and be a good fan.

2 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

How can anyone say that money isn't a motivator across the board? It's not surprise this theory originated during the 'Saturday Night and Sunday Morning' era, long before the yuppie culture in the 80's. From what you've said of it (and I know there are other mitigating factors) I'm struggling to see why capitalism has achieved so much while communism has achieved so little. If I was a footballer I'd certainly be motivated by  the idea of doubling my wages on achieving promotion. 

1 hour ago, StringerBell said:

Well I remember you did call them evil, which is silly. I'm probably doing a bit of guilt by association because of who you're mates with which is naughty of me but I'm only jesting anyway. I dont quite know what to make of this thread to be honest - I can see merit in both sides.

You still think booing could possibly have a positive effect Stringer... Before jumping into other threads with your outwardly intelligent points of view you might want to revisit other threads you engaged vociferously in earlier this week to find out you we wrong there!! 

I don't know what to make of this thread either but I stand by booing or getting on the teams backs does not have a positive effect... 

I think there's plenty amiss indoors right now Mostyn mate. Perhaps an correlation of things behind the scenes, on training ground etc... 

To me we have a couple of players we spent big money on that don't fit the club or the coaches preferred style of play. One of those players seems to be getting picked not on merit. We have a head coach who is in very early stages of number 1 position who is still finding his way. 

A chairman who obviously isn't happy with what's going on...

Another dropped captain... Two is careless. 

Right grumpy fans at home in the main. 

Its quite a lot of things adding up to our performance today.

5 hours ago, Gritters said:

It's not much better on here. People analyse everything to do with Derby some even find things that aren't there. Ok we didn't play well. Some people want to get it off their chest but at 75mins people were going home. May be it was the extra 1.5k that were going but jeez if anything would put me of it would be seeing the crowd leaving with 20 minutes still to play for.

No problem with the crowd leaving with 20 to go, the players stopped playing before then!

2 hours ago, StringerBell said:

That's actually a good point. I was talking with StockholmRam about the merits of booing on another thread, and a whether it might have a positive impact by giving the players a reminder of their responsibilities or impact their confidence negatively. If there's a suggestion this group of players are emotionally fragile then I suppose it makes sense not to boo. 

The players should do better in the circumstances though. I'm not too sure I'm ok with having a load of delicate snowflakes in the team. 

Just seen this. Ignore my previous... 

If your a fan and you boo how is that going to help at all? If the players are low on confidence you encourage them. If you've got a friend at school or uni who's stressing out and getting really worried about exams you encourage and reassure them not tell them that as a student it's their place to sit exams, that they need to stop being so pathetic and get on with it. If your struggling at work, going through a difficult period when you've been fantastic before, should your boss ******* you? No that's poor man management, a good boss will encourage you, says he still bel rives in you and restore your confidence so why is it different for footballers?

I know if I was a player and all I could hear were groans, moans and boos id feel pressured to increase my game, some players might thrive on that but increased pressure for most cases will just lower confidence and the players won't believe in themselves and isnt a lot of football supposed to be about self belief?

im not saying fans should be cheering for joy when we play as **** as we did last game, but booing, moaning and groaning doesn't help, encouragement from the stands should be provided instead, aren't the fans often termed as the 12th man? Because we have an impact on how the players play, such that we have the chance to turn a result in our teams favour by doing our part. But a positive influence is only created by doing the right part

Excellent first post Mostyn - I like many other fans am frustrated but giving the players a kicking during the 90mins is not going to have a beneficial impact on their performance. The evidence of the last few seasons is testament to that and you would have thought even the most vocal critics who are clearly football experts would have realised that by now!

During the 90mins we expect the players to be fully committed and together, the same should be true of the fans. There will are always be the odd exception but our most vocal fans have a responsibility to stay behind the players throughout the game. Unfortunately in the current age of social media and keyboard warriors everyone feels they have a voice and a right to be an expert. This just creates less unity between the fans and everyone wants to get their critique in first or justify their pre existing views and When combined with the widely held view that we have spent this money and a have a right to be entertained and you end up with the less than supportive atmosphere witnessed recently. 

Contrast this with our support seen away from home where the support is smaller, more committed and united against the common enemy of the away crowd. The fans recognise the team need our support and unite to give a more positive backing. If we could just instill that atmosphere at home - with the vocal minority directing their vitriol at members of the away team how intimidating could we make it for the opposition? At present the opposition love coming to Derby as they know if they frustrate us for 20 mins the crowd will get on our players back and they will make mistakes - giving them the opportunity to capitalise and turn up the negative atmosphere still further.

I could go on all day but hope you get my point. Let our vocal haters still hate but direct it on our opposition instead and make the i-Pro a place where the opposition fear to come. An idealistic pipe dream maybe but some internal reflection is certainly needed by our fans right now and a recognition that PC and the team need our support more than ever if we are to come out this current 'crisis'....

Here endeth my sermon!

Lets spend this next week dusting ourselves down and focus on the Burnley game , which may have come round at the right time for us , burnley will be licking their lips in anticipation of sticking the boot into us, so lets all take a breather , draw a line under the last few performances and start again at Turf Moor . We have not suddenly become a bad team with a clueless manager i think all that is needed is a few tweaks to the starting line up and a couple of arms round certain players shoulders this week and then hopefully we will see a performance like we put in against hull. Everybodys had their say and everyones entitled to their opinion but end the post mortems now and lets get back to what Derby County fans do best and roar the Rams onto promotion , get behind the manager and every single player in a Rams shirt, 19 cup finals to go , watch out Burnley the wounded Rams are ready to fight back

I'd like to take this time to personally apologise to everyone of the players yesterday. It was obviously my groans at us failing to do the basics right and not competing with a mid table team at home that caused our second half collapse. The comment I made under my breathe about Grant having jelly for arms probably led to nobody closing down their player whilst he lined up that volley into the corner of the goal. 

What a load of nonsense. Climb down off your high horse, pull your head out your arse and stop making such delusional statements based entirely on your opinions. 

16 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Only a moron wouldn't have learnt from this team bottling two successive promotions, and would then go and put massive pressure on the team to play like Barcelona week-in week-out, and then moan when the team confidence drops as a result of the massive pressure!

We were top a week before Christmas, and 2nd at New Year, yet people still found something to moan about.

You ****** did this last season, yet didn't learn.

You destroyed the feel good factor and drove a (then succeeding) manager out of the club after ruining Christie, Hendrick, Forsyth, Keogh and Grant mentally.

It's not the players we need to kick in to shape, it's those fans who are making it a horrible place to play.

Before you give me nonsense about players earning good money and should be able to take it, use your ******* brain before spouting that **** to me! Performing under pressure does not get easier (or harder) in relation to wealth! But it is affected by the fear put into you by thousands of deluded, ungrateful, demanding, self-important, selfish, self-entitled, irrational, impatient, jealous, bird-brained, SO-CALLED "supporters".

We were cruising along, for the second season running, yet those ****** amongst us have made issues out of nothing, found scapegoats when none were needed, found reason to criticise when they should be praising.

Lo and behold, self-fulfilling prophecy AGAIN.

Well done.

what a load of tosh. the team isnt good enough for sustained promotion push becuase it cant beat teams in the top 10 consistently, Look at the graph in the ratings thread. League position rose while playing primarily lower teams whilst our average performance rating remained almost constant. It shows we have njot improved during the season, and out league position will levelout to the one that equates to the teams ability.

Does it also mean if we go to an intimidating away ground and they boo our players they are allowed to lose and cry?

I do believe a home crowd should always act as a 12th man and during the 90 minutes act with complete blind passion and fervour but seriously our current lack of Form sits squarely with players and management..not the fans.

I dream of a return to the Baseball Ground atmosphere but the players need to show that passion as well.

57 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

What a load of nonsense. Climb down off your high horse, pull your head out your arse and stop making such delusional statements based entirely on your opinions. 

I'm just enjoying the mental image.....on horseback with his head up his own @rse.

Archived