Are you a moron?

Mostyn6

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We haven't played well by our standards all season but we've done a job, I've never booed the team but I can understand why people do. Last two games have been abysmal, how can confidence be so low when you're at the top of the division in a super talented team? Professional sportsmen should have at least self belief even if things aren't quite going right. Watching the players demeanor today told me everything straight away.

All I can do is put myself in their position and think how would I react to being booed. I'd be ******* angry with myself and my team mates and want to sort it out. If these precious flowers want to go home and cry then fair enough find another club, this is the championship you better be up for the fight.

8 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

We haven't played well by our standards all season but we've done a job, I've never booed the team but I can understand why people do. Last two games have been abysmal, how can confidence be so low when you're at the top of the division in a super talented team? Professional sportsmen should have at least self belief even if things aren't quite going right. Watching the players demeanor today told me everything straight away.

All I can do is put myself in their position and think how would I react to being booed. I'd be ******* angry with myself and my team mates and want to sort it out. If these precious flowers want to go home and cry then fair enough find another club, this is the championship you better be up for the fight.

you'd be angry with yourself? Wow, insightful. Players play through the pain barrier, have sickening painkilling injections, have to pretend that they have no personal or private problems in order to get focussed on the game, and if they don't manage to do it, they get booed by idiots, and should then go on and somehow turn that pressure and anger into a better performance? WOW Tomsdubs, you clearly have no idea how the brain works do you! 

Can you do anything properly when angry? If you say yes, you're a liar. Anger effects decision making, focus, heart rate, reasoning etc.... how do you think making a player angry can somehow create a good performances?

I don't know how long you've been watching Derby, or England for that matter, if you do. But in my near 40 years, of which 35 I can consciously recall football, the ONLY thing that I associate with good performances, is the feel good factor.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Only a moron wouldn't have learnt from this team bottling two successive promotions, and would then go and put massive pressure on the team to play like Barcelona week-in week-out, and then moan when the team confidence drops as a result of the massive pressure!

We were top a week before Christmas, and 2nd at New Year, yet people still found something to moan about.

You ****** did this last season, yet didn't learn.

You destroyed the feel good factor and drove a (then succeeding) manager out of the club after ruining Christie, Hendrick, Forsyth, Keogh and Grant mentally.

It's not the players we need to kick in to shape, it's those fans who are making it a horrible place to play.

Before you give me nonsense about players earning good money and should be able to take it, use your ******* brain before spouting that **** to me! Performing under pressure does not get easier (or harder) in relation to wealth! But it is affected by the fear put into you by thousands of deluded, ungrateful, demanding, self-important, selfish, self-entitled, irrational, impatient, jealous, bird-brained, SO-CALLED "supporters".

We were cruising along, for the second season running, yet those ****** amongst us have made issues out of nothing, found scapegoats when none were needed, found reason to criticise when they should be praising.

Lo and behold, self-fulfilling prophecy AGAIN.

Well done.

You was one of the most vocal critics of the management and players a couple of years ago.

Glad to see you've realised how moronic you was!

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

you'd be angry with yourself? Wow, insightful. Players play through the pain barrier, have sickening painkilling injections, have to pretend that they have no personal or private problems in order to get focussed on the game, and if they don't manage to do it, they get booed by idiots, and should then go on and somehow turn that pressure and anger into a better performance? WOW Tomsdubs, you clearly have no idea how the brain works do you! 

Can you do anything properly when angry? If you say yes, you're a liar. Anger effects decision making, focus, heart rate, reasoning etc.... how do you think making a player angry can somehow create a good performances?

I don't know how long you've been watching Derby, or England for that matter, if you do. But in my near 40 years, of which 35 I can consciously recall football, the ONLY thing that I associate with good performances, is the feel good factor.

You've lost the plot mate. Why are you focusing your disappointment on fellow fans? Talking to me about how the human brain works with your crazy posts.

I play competitive football with spectators sometimes so I can only use my own personal mentality and experience. Who made you the authority on professional footballer psychology? I've been angry in many football games.

Sportsmen that can't perform under pressure are losers plain and simple so your point about that is as backwards as it gets.

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

You was one of the most vocal critics of the management and players a couple of years ago.

Glad to see you've realised how moronic you was!

don't talk ****. I have never booed Derby in my life. I never booed Savage and I never booed Clough, even when I thought they were bad for the club. I may have refused to chant their name (it felt hypocritical), but I was never "vocal".

4 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

You've lost the plot mate. Why are you focusing your disappointment on fellow fans? Talking to me about how the human brain works with your crazy posts.

I play competitive football with spectators sometimes so I can only use my own personal mentality and experience. Who made you the authority on professional footballer psychology? I've been angry in many football games.

Sportsmen that can't perform under pressure are losers plain and simple so your point about that is as backwards as it gets.

competitive huh? 

yeah right.

Just now, StringerBell said:

If you think about it Mostyn is largely to blame for the situation in Palestine. What with all the abuse he gives to the Israeli government I don't know how they could be expected to do any better :ph34r:

think you're getting me confused with someone else??

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

competitive huh? 

yeah right.

Whatever mate but either way I think you are burying your head in the sand and pointing blame everywhere but the players. You can't face the fact that maybe you got carried away and all of a sudden all the problems some users pointed out are being exposed. Back when you couldn't say anything negative because we hadn't lost in 8 or because we were 2nd. Like that makes criticism void.

I hope Clement sorts them out either way but I'm not getting my hopes up, felt too much like last season. Not going to put myself through that again.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

think you're getting me confused with someone else??

Well I remember you did call them evil, which is silly. I'm probably doing a bit of guilt by association because of who you're mates with which is naughty of me but I'm only jesting anyway. I dont quite know what to make of this thread to be honest - I can see merit in both sides.

2 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Whatever mate but either way I think you are burying your head in the sand and pointing blame everywhere but the players. You can't face the fact that maybe you got carried away and all of a sudden all the problems some users pointed out are being exposed. Back when you couldn't say anything negative because we hadn't lost in 8 or because we were 2nd. Like that makes criticism void.

I hope Clement sorts them out either way but I'm not getting my hopes up, felt too much like last season. Not going to put myself through that again.

I'm not saying anything negative because I understand that a) We are still up near the top of the league, and b) These players are NOT rubbish, they have proven capable, and c) I know for a FACT that the players were mentally ruined last season by the abuse and aggressive reactions they suffered.

I am not burying my head anywhere, and I am totally aware that the players should be able to handle the pressure, but the fact I am NOT burying my head, makes me realise that the bulk of this team that played today, were in the teams that bottled it.

So the intelligent part of my brain says "go easy cos they perform better when there's a feelgood factor, but choke when there's a bad atmosphere!", shame you lack the same enlightenment.

Grant, Keogh, Christie, Thorne, Hendrick, Russell, Ince, Martin, have all been involved in Derby teams that bottled it.

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'm not saying anything negative because I understand that a) We are still up near the top of the league, and b) These players are NOT rubbish, they have proven capable, and c) I know for a FACT that the players were mentally ruined last season by the abuse and aggressive reactions they suffered.

I am not burying my head anywhere, and I am totally aware that the players should be able to handle the pressure, but the fact I am NOT burying my head, makes me realise that the bulk of this team that played today, were in the teams that bottled it.

So the intelligent part of my brain says "go easy cos they perform better when there's a feelgood factor, but choke when there's a bad atmosphere!", shame you lack the same enlightenment.

Grant, Keogh, Christie, Thorne, Hendrick, Russell, Ince, Martin, have all been involved in Derby teams that bottled it.

That's actually a good point. I was talking with StockholmRam about the merits of booing on another thread, and a whether it might have a positive impact by giving the players a reminder of their responsibilities or impact their confidence negatively. If there's a suggestion this group of players are emotionally fragile then I suppose it makes sense not to boo. 

The players should do better in the circumstances though. I'm not too sure I'm ok with having a load of delicate snowflakes in the team. 

Archived