Are you a moron?

Mostyn6

Only a moron wouldn't have learnt from this team bottling two successive promotions, and would then go and put massive pressure on the team to play like Barcelona week-in week-out, and then moan when the team confidence drops as a result of the massive pressure!

We were top a week before Christmas, and 2nd at New Year, yet people still found something to moan about.

You ****** did this last season, yet didn't learn.

You destroyed the feel good factor and drove a (then succeeding) manager out of the club after ruining Christie, Hendrick, Forsyth, Keogh and Grant mentally.

It's not the players we need to kick in to shape, it's those fans who are making it a horrible place to play.

Before you give me nonsense about players earning good money and should be able to take it, use your ******* brain before spouting that **** to me! Performing under pressure does not get easier (or harder) in relation to wealth! But it is affected by the fear put into you by thousands of deluded, ungrateful, demanding, self-important, selfish, self-entitled, irrational, impatient, jealous, bird-brained, SO-CALLED "supporters".

We were cruising along, for the second season running, yet those ****** amongst us have made issues out of nothing, found scapegoats when none were needed, found reason to criticise when they should be praising.

Lo and behold, self-fulfilling prophecy AGAIN.

Well done.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't of put it better @Mostyn6 the atmosphere is poisonous at times. If you can't be bothered to sing stay silent. Pressuring the players Imo makes them play worse, play stray passes instead of thinking about it not dare to take a player on. The fans put Christie in a shell last season he's a prime example. 

Really?? I agree some (many) fans can be kn*bs but do you really attribute our current form to that??

We didn't win for the first 5 games of the season...many fans were suicidal after the Leeds game...didn't stop the team turning the form around did it??

Players get abuse...all the time, from every club. If you think derby fans are much worse than any other club then you are wrong. 

The players need to be able to deal with (note that I'm not saying abusing players is in anyway correct)! If they can't then they shouldn't be footballers because no matter where they go in their careers they will receive abuse!

It's not much better on here. People analyse everything to do with Derby some even find things that aren't there. Ok we didn't play well. Some people want to get it off their chest but at 75mins people were going home. May be it was the extra 1.5k that were going but jeez if anything would put me of it would be seeing the crowd leaving with 20 minutes still to play for.

4 minutes ago, Gritters said:

It's not much better on here. People analyse everything to do with Derby some even find things that aren't there. Ok we didn't play well. Some people want to get it off their chest but at 75mins people were going home. May be it was the extra 1.5k that were going but jeez if anything would put me of it would be seeing the crowd leaving with 20 minutes still to play for.

Yeah that's pretty unforgivable. 

We're coming into a run of southern away games that I can get to so I'll be able to contribute more from a directly observed perspective. 

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Yeah that's pretty unforgivable. 

We're coming into a run of southern away games that I can get to so I'll be able to contribute more from a directly observed perspective. 

Yeah looking forward to Fulham and Brentford.

I think the crowd have a big part to play at home. The last two games it's been very quiet. That's before we've conceded too.

Not sure who the opening post is directed at.

But I wouldn't blame the fans for the current predicament. Paul Clement and the recruitment staff did that by themselves. Derby as a club haven't learned their lesson.

We're like the Championship's Newcastle. Rotten and set up to shoot ourselves in the foot.

I'm not buying that there's inherent problems with the club. We've had two bad performances and people are panicking. We're a good team with a few key players out of form. I'm still very confident of going to Burnley and getting the three points, and I'm still very confident of going up.

On the fan point, I don't really buy it either. Our fans have always been terrible, it's nothing new. They were terrible when we reached the playoff final, they were terrible when we were five points clear. They certainly don't help when the going gets tough, but they don't cause the problems.

Perhaps we expect too much. 

I remember an article saying ' if we are going to go up its got to be the right way' so maybe that will be next season 

the atmosphere doesn't help the team I'm sure. Perhaps we are better away from home. Nearly 33000 today. And the pressure was on. We are the man Utd of the championship it seems. Back to basics and hope the rhythm comes back. 

1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

On the fan point, I don't really buy it either. Our fans have always been terrible, it's nothing new. They were terrible when we reached the playoff final, they were terrible when we were five points clear. They certainly don't help when the going gets tough, but they don't cause the problems.

It's amazing how quickly expectancy overtakes optimism. The best times I've had as a Derby fan were McClaren's first season and Burley's first season and a half. The fans were right behind the team because it was a relief to finally see some exciting football, but a mixture of fair weather fans crawling out of the woodwork as results improve and the increased expectation means that positivity doesn't last long.

Archived