Are you a moron?

Mostyn6

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/01/2016 at 19:53, Mostyn6 said:

Only a moron wouldn't have learnt from this team bottling two successive promotions, and would then go and put massive pressure on the team to play like Barcelona week-in week-out, and then moan when the team confidence drops as a result of the massive pressure!

We were top a week before Christmas, and 2nd at New Year, yet people still found something to moan about.

You ****** did this last season, yet didn't learn.

You destroyed the feel good factor and drove a (then succeeding) manager out of the club after ruining Christie, Hendrick, Forsyth, Keogh and Grant mentally.

It's not the players we need to kick in to shape, it's those fans who are making it a horrible place to play.

Before you give me nonsense about players earning good money and should be able to take it, use your ******* brain before spouting that **** to me! Performing under pressure does not get easier (or harder) in relation to wealth! But it is affected by the fear put into you by thousands of deluded, ungrateful, demanding, self-important, selfish, self-entitled, irrational, impatient, jealous, bird-brained, SO-CALLED "supporters".

We were cruising along, for the second season running, yet those ****** amongst us have made issues out of nothing, found scapegoats when none were needed, found reason to criticise when they should be praising.

Lo and behold, self-fulfilling prophecy AGAIN.

Well done.

Haven’t posted for a while, but when I read this, let’s say I was sufficiently stirred.

Motsyn you are both arrogant and sanctimonious. To have the audacity to criticise fellow supporters for an alternative viewpoint, especially when you were at the forefront of hounding out a good manager a couple of years ago, is at the very least hypocritical.

Your post is naive in the extreme. To actually believe that a few boos or moans are contributing to our current form is laughable. Lay the blame at the feet of a tactically inept coach coupled with an inability to manage and you may have the answer.

I have been to the Pirelli stadium a few times this season and believe me they can moan despite the current success. Furthermore it’s within earshot, the players can hear it, but they just turn and smile with a shrug of the shoulders. Why, because they are professionals and know how to deal with it.

Do not pontificate to me or call me a moron!

6 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Haven’t posted for a while, but when I read this, let’s say I was sufficiently stirred.

Motsyn you are both arrogant and sanctimonious. To have the audacity to criticise fellow supporters for an alternative viewpoint, especially when you were at the forefront of hounding out a good manager a couple of years ago, is at the very least hypocritical.

Your post is naive in the extreme. To actually believe that a few boos or moans are contributing to our current form is laughable. Lay the blame at the feet of a tactically inept coach coupled with an inability to manage and you may have the answer.

I have been to the Pirelli stadium a few times this season and believe me they can moan despite the current success. Furthermore it’s within earshot, the players can hear it, but they just turn and smile with a shrug of the shoulders. Why, because they are professionals and know how to deal with it.

Do not pontificate to me or call me a moron!

tactically inept coach? who got us to the top of the table near Christmas, and beat a Steve Bruce team for the first time since god knows when. I wouldn't say that was tactically inept. I would say he over-complicates things. But players going from 8/10 performances to 4/10 I blame the fans, ******. If you're someone who gives the players grief during a match, you're a moron, if you don't... this doesn't concern you. Sanctimonious or not. Fans who think they don't have to support the team any longer because Uncle Mel has spent a few quid, are... simply... ******. 

Whether it's a good example, I don't care, but look at Man United fans, at least they wait for the whistle before booing, during the game they are PROPER fans.

22 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

tactically inept coach? who got us to the top of the table near Christmas, and beat a Steve Bruce team for the first time since god knows when. I wouldn't say that was tactically inept. I would say he over-complicates things. But players going from 8/10 performances to 4/10 I blame the fans, ******. If you're someone who gives the players grief during a match, you're a moron, if you don't... this doesn't concern you. Sanctimonious or not. Fans who think they don't have to support the team any longer because Uncle Mel has spent a few quid, are... simply... ******. 

Whether it's a good example, I don't care, but look at Man United fans, at least they wait for the whistle before booing, during the game they are PROPER fans.

Absolutely staggering. You actually believe that a player’s performance goes from 8/10 to 4/10 because a few supporters have a moan? Unreal.

Nothing to do with the supporters Mostyn. What I would ask you to do is question the tactical ineptitude of a coach who sets out a side with four defenders and two deep lying midfields as the foundation of a successful side. The negativity is unreal.

Question what £25M has actually achieved in developing and strengthening the side. It hasn’t. A manager with any football acumen (Pearson is available) and that amount of money to spend, would have assembled a side that was sitting pretty with a 6-8 point lead and preparing for the Premiership.

The fact that you can only highlight one good result says it all and indeed smacks of desperation. Supporters are entitled to moan and groan as they see fit. Shame they don’t have the same opportunity as the Chairman to vent their spleen in the dressing room. Or perhaps he's a moron as well?

5 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Absolutely staggering. You actually believe that a player’s performance goes from 8/10 to 4/10 because a few supporters have a moan? Unreal.

Nothing to do with the supporters Mostyn. What I would ask you to do is question the tactical ineptitude of a coach who sets out a side with four defenders and two deep lying midfields as the foundation of a successful side. The negativity is unreal.

Question what £25M has actually achieved in developing and strengthening the side. It hasn’t. A manager with any football acumen (Pearson is available) and that amount of money to spend, would have assembled a side that was sitting pretty with a 6-8 point lead and preparing for the Premiership.

The fact that you can only highlight one good result says it all and indeed smacks of desperation. Supporters are entitled to moan and groan as they see fit. Shame they don’t have the same opportunity as the Chairman to vent their spleen in the dressing room. Or perhaps he's a moron as well?

there's really no point in debating with you. I'm wasting my fingers! You cannot grasp the concept of confidence in football, in spite of EVERY pundit, manager and ex-player acknowledging it!

Tactics do not make players forget how to control a football or pass it, although I'll concede poor management will struggle to motivate, but the fact that tactics, and not entertaining football, appear to have got us to the top of league, again, only a moron would question the tactical nous.

Plenty of fans slammed McClaren for lacking this ability to win ugly, yet now we have a bloke who gets us to win ugly, the fans moan.

I can highlight many good "results", but not "entertaining performances", do not confuse one with the other. The Chairman and owner will want results over good performances, whilst undoubtedly wanting both, he'd settle for 1-0 win every game.

You mention the word "entitled.." which says a lot. Why are fans entitled? All fans are entitled to is entrance to the stadium and 90 minutes of football. Everything else is in the lap of the gods!

15 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Supporters are entitled to moan and groan as they see fit. Shame they don’t have the same opportunity as the Chairman to vent their spleen in the dressing room. Or perhaps he's a moron as well?

Oooh......thats a good line.

10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

that's assuming Mel did do that, and if he did, in my opinion, he's wrong and will do more harm than good.

I think most people will agree on that.

manager with any football acumen (Pearson is available) and that amount of money to spend,

I had to stop reading at that point, I couldn't make my mind up if the gentleman was speaking about himself in the third party, or worse, was advocating that headtheball Nigel Pearson should be approached. 

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

there's really no point in debating with you. I'm wasting my fingers! You cannot grasp the concept of confidence in football, in spite of EVERY pundit, manager and ex-player acknowledging it!

Tactics do not make players forget how to control a football or pass it, although I'll concede poor management will struggle to motivate, but the fact that tactics, and not entertaining football, appear to have got us to the top of league, again, only a moron would question the tactical nous.

Plenty of fans slammed McClaren for lacking this ability to win ugly, yet now we have a bloke who gets us to win ugly, the fans moan.

I can highlight many good "results", but not "entertaining performances", do not confuse one with the other. The Chairman and owner will want results over good performances, whilst undoubtedly wanting both, he'd settle for 1-0 win every game.

You mention the word "entitled.." which says a lot. Why are fans entitled? All fans are entitled to is entrance to the stadium and 90 minutes of football. Everything else is in the lap of the gods!

Reciprocated, so my last point. Confidence is instilled and nurtured via competent management and personal individual motivation. Fans lay out their hard earned and are entitled to criticise as they see fit and certainly not to be silenced by bullying statements such as you have penned.

I certainly hope that the final episode of Silent Witness is more fulfilling than this diatribe.

Just now, EastHertsRam said:

manager with any football acumen (Pearson is available) and that amount of money to spend,

I had to stop reading at that point, I couldn't make my mind up if the gentleman was speaking about himself in the third party, or worse, was advocating that headtheball Nigel Pearson should be approached. 

I wouldn't be so arrogant Sir.

Just now, Pearson said:

And that I agree with Mostyn.

just going back to your opinion, I don't wholly disagree. The manager and players have to take a lot of the responsibility, but my point is that fans should know that these players cannot handle pressure, so they need kid-glove treatment to sustain the feelgood factor.

Cyrus Christie and Jeff Hendrick are prime examples of players who perform awesomely when feeling loved.

44 minutes ago, Pearson said:

What I would ask you to do is question the tactical ineptitude of a coach who sets out a side with four defenders and two deep lying midfields as the foundation of a successful side. The negativity is unreal.

Aitor Karanka must be tactically inept then

Middlesbrough are top, 6 points ahead of the play-off positions (i.e. us) and do exactly that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived