Are you a moron?

Mostyn6

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

Not sure this is post of the year :mellow: or i am not understanding it correctly

now let me get this right we are losing games because of the fans?

right.... ok.. :lol::lol::lol:

Mods, please delete this post. If Bradley Johnson sees it he might feel a bit sad and not play well in our next game. It is your responsibility to ensure that no one expresses a negative opinion or even suggests that others should be allowed to express negative opinions.

I would like to formally apologise for my own shameful part in today's debacle. As the third goal went in I though "there's no way we're coming back from this". The players no doubt picked up on the negative energy I generated and I scuppered our amazing 4-3 come back victory.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The common denominator is the dreadful behavior shown towards our our players by people wearing Derby scarves. They aren't fans, they are people who expect us to win and when we don't they spout the most horrendous bile. This undoubtedly undermines the confidence of our players and boosts the confidence of our visitors.

Just now, unclej said:

The common denominator is the dreadful behavior shown towards our our players by people wearing Derby scarves. They aren't fans, they are people who expect us to win and when we don't they spout the most horrendous bile. This undoubtedly undermines the confidence of our players and boosts the confidence of our visitors.

The bloke in front of us had a half and half Man U scarf on, so I blame him, nutter

6 minutes ago, Anon said:

Mods, please delete this post. If Bradley Johnson sees it he might feel a bit sad and not play well in our next game. It is your responsibility to ensure that no one expresses a negative opinion or even suggests that others should be allowed to express negative opinions.

I would like to formally apologise for my own shameful part in today's debacle. As the third goal went in I though "there's no way we're coming back from this". The players no doubt picked up on the negative energy I generated and I scuppered our amazing 4-3 come back victory.

Correct. It's a myth that if the fans are loud and vocal, the team will perform. If that was the case Borussia Dortmund would win the european cup every year.

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Remind me, how was Richard Keogh treated on this forum? By some in this very thread...

Words on a forum is completely different to verbal abuse from the stands. I'd hazard a guess that Keogh has no idea what this forum even is never mind reads it. I couldn't stand him last season for his awful performances but I didn't once shout verbal abuse at him. His wife is obviously going to feed back from her social media, that I didn't agree with. 

Just now, McLovin said:

Correct. It's a myth that if the fans are loud and vocal, the team will perform. If that was the case Borussia Dortmund would win the european cup every year.

Do you think it's a myth that a nervy, booing, moany and unsupportive crowd unnerves the home team too? Why do away managers (Just like Rowett said today) pinpoint their strategies on crowds like ours?

Whilst I don't think a constant vocal backing will win us points, I don't think it would hurt to not constantly abuse our players throughout a match. You can see it does effect the players, so ******* stop it. Please.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Loud fans are everything. Loud fans mean nothing. Do you realise there's a middle ground?

Utter Boollocks

How can you blame the fans for the lack of confidence in this team. When we play well  all 4 stands will roar them on but play like we have been playing and some will rightly voice their opinion.

Unlike last season, this is a squad of well paid seasoned pros, captains and internationals, any criticism should be water off a ducks back.

I agree with a previous poster that we haven't played well since Hull and we also can't seem to settle on a regular starting 11.

We also need a better reserve keeper cos Grant is fuccking shiit.

And what was up with Clement today. Totally inanimate on the touchline 1st half and 2nd half sat in the dugout like mardy Clough used to when it was all going wrong.

Nowt to do with the supporters, we're the best in this division. 

Just now, Mr Tibbs said:

Do you think it's a myth that a nervy, booing, moany and unsupportive crowd unnerves the home team too? Why do away managers (Just like Rowett said today) pinpoint their strategies on crowds like ours?

Whilst I don't think a constant vocal backing will win us points, I don't think it would hurt to not constantly abuse our players throughout a match. You can see it does effect the players, so ******* stop it. Please.

Well Real Madrid won the european cup in 2014, when clement was there in fact, despite the fans regularly booing the team and targeting individuals. As I said before, it's a myth. These are professionals not little kids. I don't need 30k people encouraging me when I'm doing work, it is just an embarrassing excuse. Boro's stadium is empty a lot of the time but they're top of the league.

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Would be interesting to hear the players honest opinions on this. I wonder if a few of them came out and said the groans and panick has an effect then people would stop? When the crowd are nervy and on their backs our play looks rushed and panicked. I know my old mate Owen Bradley reads this, would be good to hear in an interview.

4 minutes ago, Rampton said:

We also need a better reserve keeper cos Grant is fuccking shiit.

And what was up with Clement today. Totally inanimate on the touchline 1st half and 2nd half sat in the dugout like mardy Clough used to when it was all going wrong.

Nowt to do with the supporters, we're the best in this division. 

That's the issue right there. Not supportive, picky and entitled. 

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Would be interesting to hear the players honest opinions on this. I wonder if a few of them came out and said the groans and panick has an effect then people would stop? When the crowd are nervy and on their backs our play looks rushed and panicked. I know my old mate Owen Bradley reads this, would be good to hear in an interview.

I would love them to do that, but can you imagine the stick they would get.

41 minutes ago, Rammy1 said:

Hardly any singing today. Bad form all round. Common. Get it ticking again. Birmingham never stopped to there crefit

Why the hell do the fans have to sing for the players to perform. That is just nonsense.

Do the players not come out to train in the week if no supporters are singing to them. It's not their birthday, they are at work.

1 hour ago, climbon said:

Really?? I agree some (many) fans can be kn*bs but do you really attribute our current form to that??

We didn't win for the first 5 games of the season...many fans were suicidal after the Leeds game...didn't stop the team turning the form around did it??

Players get abuse...all the time, from every club. If you think derby fans are much worse than any other club then you are wrong. 

The players need to be able to deal with (note that I'm not saying abusing players is in anyway correct)! If they can't then they shouldn't be footballers because no matter where they go in their careers they will receive abuse!

OP mining for likes to a certain extent maybe. It tends to be a like bonanza for posting stuff about fans booing or about how crap our fans are.

FWIW I don't think the booing helps things but some perspective wouldn't go amiss either.

Archived