• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson

Christie     Keogh      Shackell     Warnock

Thorne

Ince           Butterfield   Morris   Camara

Martin

A must win game in the grand scheme of things. Go back to basics with the 4-3-3 formation we know works.

Carson (Please be fit)

Christie Keogh Shackell Warnock

Thorne

Butterfield    Bryson

Ince             Bent             Camara

Bent needs to be given a chance he scores goals Martin isn't its a simple choice. Carson and Thorne need to stay fit if we are to have any chance of a top 2 finish. I would add Bryson for the link up play if he is fit. Camara to start he has looked lively every time he has played so he is worth a go. 

3 points or bust.

17 minutes ago, Derbados said:

i see this getting worse before it gets any better, and by that point the top two will be long gone. A nervy draw or a loss 

Don't be silly. 

38 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Bloody hell. This forums got more Flakes than Cadburys.

I'm not sure what was more tedious - last night's game or the thoughts of the wristslashers. Actually, on reflection, last night's game was done and dusted in under two hours. Our more morose members are always like it.

36 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

A must win game in the grand scheme of things. Go back to basics with the 4-3-3 formation we know works.

Carson (Please be fit)

Christie Keogh Shackell Warnock

Thorne

Butterfield    Bryson

Ince             Bent             Camara

Bent needs to be given a chance he scores goals Martin isn't its a simple choice. Carson and Thorne need to stay fit if we are to have any chance of a top 2 finish. I would add Bryson for the link up play if he is fit. Camara to start he has looked lively every time he has played so he is worth a go. 

3 points or bust.

Grant pulled off two absolutely outstanding saves last night so I personally think that keeper is not a concern. One moment of madness at Leeds doesn't make him a bad keeper - but it could open him up to being a scapegoat, of course.

I have no argument with the rest of your team - equally I have no qualms should Grant play.

Interesting Stat - If you look at the championship table, Derby have lost the fewest games out of any championship side (3), Boro have lost 4 and Hull have lost 6. Whilst Tuesday's performance was very poor, we remain a team that is very difficult to beat, thus are constantly picking up points (even if not all three), which may be enough come the end of the season.

A massive improvement on saturday is only possible with Carson and Thorne in the side, a 433 formation and a 25% increase in performance by about nine players. Correct use of substitutes is vital. If Brum score first, it is very unlikely that we will win the game. Forecast 1 - 1

I am hoping for a 1 - 0 win, because I am a Derby fan.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

A massive improvement on saturday is only possible with Carson and Thorne in the side, a 433 formation and a 25% increase in performance by about nine players. Correct use of substitutes is vital. If Brum score first, it is very unlikely that we will win the game. Forecast 1 - 1

Explain why, if Grant plays, there's no likelihood of our performance against Birmingham being any better than it was against Reading?

A big game for us,we need to put some wins on the board.Next game is Burnley

away,even more important,they are loomlng just behind us,and are getting back to

form. Personally I think we need to strengthen in a couple of areas,we need cover for

Thorne and a pacey winger who can get to the by-line. Russell and Weinmann are not

doing that. A creative midfielder will be needed if Hughes is going to be out til march.

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

If DeGea made that finger tip save Grant did, you'd be seeing it for weeks. Redeemed his awful error the other week with that one.

47 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Explain why, if Grant plays, there's no likelihood of our performance against Birmingham being any better than it was against Reading?

Grant is one of five factors mentioned. Carson seems to make the defence work better IMO.Grant presented a striker with what became a free header while he was rooted on the line with nobody at the posts. Is that an organised defence? Carson does it better IMO. Grant has started letting goals in, some of which Carson may have saved iIMO

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Grant is one of five factors mentioned. Carson seems to make the defence work better IMO.Grant presented a striker with what became a free header while he was rooted on the line with nobody at the posts. Is that an organised defence? Carson does it better IMO. Grant has started letting goals in, some of which Carson may have saved iIMO

Carson wouldn't have saved the goal on Tuesday and on the night, the performance of the defence wasn't the problem. Indeed, with last seasons' defence playing the way they did then, we would almost certainly have lost to Reading.

Are you saying then, that if we get the 25% improvement you mentioned, play a 4-3-3 formation and Thorne plays but so does Grant, then we'll be no better against Brum? You've singled out Grant but failed to name the 9 who need to up their game - why? What about Johnson, Russell, Martin, Blackman who all put in worse performances than Grant.

When Carson's fit I'd have him in straightaway but until then I will support whoever plays instead of him and if it's Grant in goal against Birmingham I'm confident that even if nothing else changes, we will be better than we were against Reading.

21 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Carson wouldn't have saved the goal on Tuesday and on the night, the performance of the defence wasn't the problem. Indeed, with last seasons' defence playing the way they did then, we would almost certainly have lost to Reading.

Are you saying then, that if we get the 25% improvement you mentioned, play a 4-3-3 formation and Thorne plays but so does Grant, then we'll be no better against Brum? You've singled out Grant but failed to name the 9 who need to up their game - why? What about Johnson, Russell, Martin, Blackman who all put in worse performances than Grant.

When Carson's fit I'd have him in straightaway but until then I will support whoever plays instead of him and if it's Grant in goal against Birmingham I'm confident that even if nothing else changes, we will be better than we were against Reading.

I said that we need 25% improvement from nine players. Mel is not amused. No trip to Dubai for the players next week. Shirt hits the fan.

Archived