Middlesbrough v Derby County

Day

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back, really enjoyed the game, could have justified any result really.

They're just a little bit better than us, not much but enough. 

I'm looking forward to playing them again next season, they'll be a decent barometer of progress. 

Great support today from the travelling fans, keep the faith!

We have this knack of meeting teams who are on good form. That's another piece of luck you need to finish in the promotion position at the end of the season. Even Boro's 2nd goal looked offside, but it wouldn't have altered the final result. I am ever optimistic this season, I feel Hull, Burnley, Brighton and the other chasing pack are not strong enough to keep up with Derby and Boro, so its down to us and them to see who as the best second half of the season. Well done Mr Karanka and your team today and as for the Rams, avoid key players getting injured and get more luck in our remaining matches and you never know we could still take the title.

40 minutes ago, RedSmog said:

Couldn't agree more,just another game, this is not a promotion defining game for both teams in any stretch of the imagination

but i dare say Derby fans have their fare share of doom mongers like Boro do :(

With regards the game, Clayton is a monster:thumbsup:

When either him or Ayala dont get MOM i will start being concerned :)

We stifled, strangholded your attacks immediately, no disrespect but you didnt really

offer a real threat going forward, which a lot of Boro fans were surprised at.

Cracking set of fans by the way, very vocal :thumbsup:

First half we had a few chances but the final shot either went out for a throw in or you managed to get something in the way. Second half as it went on our attacks became less and less to the point where we ended up losing the ball before we got it near the penalty area. I had a good day out. Deep down I didn't think we'd win but I didn't think we'd beat Hull. I always think it's how the team reacts to a loss the next game that is the key to getting out of this league. Anyway well done. I'm sure your going up.

Just now, RedSmog said:

Hope you have a good remaining season lads

Barring a catastrophe, see you in the Premier:thumbsup::thumbsup:

All the best

RedSmog out:thumbsup:

feel free to pop in regularly. We have a rival promotion watch thread in which you, as a respectful and honest guest are more than welcome to come and give a MFC perspective on. In all honesty, it'd be a shame to not have rival outlook from you for the rest of the season.

While at the game, I thought Keogh was immense, particularly that great block he made on the edge of the box.

However, watching their 1st, why doesn't he step in front of Adomah and block the pass, he had plenty of time to, but instead stands to his side appealing for offside.

Keogh must have thought he'd be offside regardless, so why wave him through?

Maybe I'm being harsh, but it doesn't look good on the highlights!

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

While at the game, I thought Keogh was immense, particularly that great block he made on the edge of the box.

However, watching their 1st, why doesn't he step in front of Adomah and block the pass, he had plenty of time to, but instead stands to his side appealing for offside.

It's a bad trait a few of our players have that needs ironing out quickly. One of the first things you learn as a kid is play to the whistle, nothing frustrates me more than seeing them stop waving hands in the air.

4 minutes ago, YouRams said:

It's a bad trait a few of our players have that needs ironing out quickly. One of the first things you learn as a kid is play to the whistle, nothing frustrates me more than seeing them stop waving hands in the air.

Agree on that. Not just Derby and some teams are even worse. 

Play the game first!!! 

Watched Citeh v Watford and Aguero was so busy appealing for a penalty for a "foul" on someone else he missed the chance to get a header on goal. 10 mins before that Mangala was running after Ighalo with one hand in the air. 

Are players now being asked to referee?

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Agree on that. Not just Derby and some teams are even worse. 

Play the game first!!! 

Watched Citeh v Watford and Aguero was so busy appealing for a penalty for a "foul" on someone else he missed the chance to get a header on goal. 10 mins before that Mangala was running after Ighalo with one hand in the air. 

Are players now being asked to referee?

If a defender is done for pace and is trying to sway a decision you can see why some do it. But a lot of the time if they played to the whistle they could get in position and make a challenge. It's a gamble that doesn't always pay off, I know what I'd be coaching my players anyway. 

32 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

He assumed that Christie was keeping the line but he was behind you, Keogh. 'Pantomime' goal!

Boro play their game in hand against Blackburn on Feb 16th so a while before that takes effect on the table. It is their fifth league game from now.

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

He assumed that Christie was keeping the line but he was behind you, Keogh. 'Pantomime' goal!

Boro play their game in hand against Blackburn on Feb 16th so a while before that takes effect on the table. It is their fifth league game from now.

To assume makes an ass of you and me!

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Just got back, really enjoyed the game, could have justified any result really.

They're just a little bit better than us, not much but enough. 

I'm looking forward to playing them again next season, they'll be a decent barometer of progress. 

Great support today from the travelling fans, keep the faith!

I like this summary. It's been a tough afternoon but we have definitely made progress from the games against Boro last season, all be it not quite enough (yet!) 

Travelling fans were good, but so were their fans. 

@Stripperg-ram asked about Martin - the foul he had the problem with was blatant. He was being held by both arms but he shouldn't have taken the law into his own hands as he did. He let himself down a bit there and I expect him to behave better as our captain.

Weather was awful on the journeys and parking rubbish - all that spare land and no car parks.  Need to take some tips from the employers on Pride Park! 

Archived