Leeds United v Derby County

Day

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to be able to bring in such good players whilst others have a breather.

Nice for Bent to have another start he was excellent against Bristol so has earned another run out.His movement off the ball is exceptional and creates space for others  watching it instead of watching the ball is quite eye opening.

Hopefully this makes any scouting Leeds have done into the way we usually play, obsolete. The last two seasons we have come unstuck in certain fixtures like this because we were too predictable. Like most other teams you would have to assume Leeds were ready to stifle Thorne and Martin. Now with neither playing hopefully it works in our favour and the difference in style Bent et al provide can give us the edge. 

The people moaning at the calibre of player coming in are the same people who keep spouting that we have the best squad in the championship. Lets use it then! UTR

Martin and Thorne, as awesome as I think they are, haven't been the guys changing the games recently. So while they're still first teamers in everyone's eyes, we probably won't miss them today.

Ince, maybe we will, be we'll see. Resting them for Saturday clearly.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

What the hell is that line-up? I'd argue that Leeds is more important than Boro. Extending the gap from 2nd to 3rd is more important than closing the gap from 2nd to 1st.

That said, if we win tonight with that line-up then Clement's a genius.

It's not that bad, come on. The players we've brought in can all do a very good job at this level.

9 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Will sky mention the game nearly not been shown? Hopefully some anti-sky chants will be there to remind them.

I think we all overlook the real culprits here, Sky are a commercial operation and pay huge amounts of money for a return, the real culprits are the greedy clubs and the FA for agreeing to Sky's demands.

Archived