Leeds United v Derby County

Day

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Know it's very expensive and on tv etc...but disappointing to see such a small following tonight...the lads need the fans. It's a daunting enough place to go to even with a big following...

It's always disappointing, but can't fault anyone not going. I would've love to, but not for that price, when it's on TV and it's the most expensive time of the year. 

Wow, there's going to be a meltdown based on the team for today... Seems PC is very much saving ourselves for the game on Saturday.

Grant

Christie Keogh Shacks Warnock (c)

Johnson

Butterfield Hendrick

Russell Bent Weimann

Thorne, Ince and Martin all on the bench. 

In contrast Leeds make two changes for the game. One enforced due to injury and I'm pretty sure Bellusci is dropped cos he's sausage.

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Can't work out the formation for this. 

Is it 4-2-3-1 with Butterfield in the attacking midfield role?

Is it 4-3-3 with Johnson in the holding role?

I'm not sure either. It could be one of many. The two as you've already mentioned or even a good old 4-4-2 with Russell wide right and Johnson wide left.

Thorne was a donkey for 45 on Saturday tbf.

He isn't always brilliant. 

That team is good enough if they perform. Our 'back up' players aren't way off the first choices like they used to be. 

We've just dusted the cobwebs off Darren frickin' Bent!!

4 minutes ago, peachmyster said:

Wtf our best players on the bench 

Based on current form I am not sure Thorne or Martin can be considered our best players. We have an in-form defence, and have put some energy into our midfield. Personally I would like to see Ince from the start, but about time Russell and Weimann got a grip of a game - big chance for them to cement a place in the matchdays squad as they are both quite vulnerable if money is being spent in Jan.  I think Bent will relish the opportunity too.  Might go horribly wrong but if the defence do their job we should get a result here. Nice to know we have good back-up on the bench. COYR!

Archived