Leeds United v Derby County

Day

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Well winning this game has just become even more important. 

Win and go 6 points clear of 3rd. Thats a big gap at this stage of the season. 

Doesnt matter what Boro do now. As long as we keep clear of 3rd thats all that matters. 

What if Brighton beat Ipswich too?

Evening Gents, Leeds fan in peace (posted a couple of times before).

Looking at the team someone put up on here, I really don't see us getting anything from this game. Yes, we have hit a bit of form, but have been playing against supposedly lesser teams.  Byram is not suspended, but we will make some changes anyway with such a short turnaround from the Forest game. 

Think we'll be up for this having lost to you at our place. For saying that, uwe had us down and I don't think it will be easy. We were a bit half baked on boxing day. I don't think I'd change the team and I fancy Warnock to be up for it against hs old club. Is Warnock well liked by Leeds fans by the way? Or is he going to get a lot of stick?

If we win this we would be 6 points clear of Hull what will be a great gap to have against arguably the third strongest side in the league. 

Leeds are a decent side who are a good run of form, but should be a game we win.

Should we rest players for the 'Boro game? I personally wouldn't mind us playing Hendrick instead of Johnson who has played a lot of games at 100% and maybe take Martin off early in the game to give him a rest.

Grant

Christie Keogh Shackell Warnock

Hendrick Thorne Butterfield 

Russell    Martin  Ince

18 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Think we'll be up for this having lost to you at our place. For saying that, uwe had us down and I don't think it will be easy. We were a bit half baked on boxing day. I don't think I'd change the team and I fancy Warnock to be up for it against hs old club. Is Warnock well liked by Leeds fans by the way? Or is he going to get a lot of stick?

Generally, Leeds fans are good to ex-players so I'd expect Warnock to get a few friendly boos early doors, but it will die down quickly. As you probably know, he fell out big time with Cellino so will be well up for it.

Hope it's not like when we played Wednesday. 

"They'll be tired after playing midweek and we've not played since Friday"

We ended up slow and sloppy while they showed no signs of tiredness. 

I'm sure a fella like Steve Evans at a club like Leeds would love to pee on our bonfire. Not shy are they?

26 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

If we win this we would be 6 points clear of Hull what will be a great gap to have against arguably the third strongest side in the league. 

Leeds are a decent side who are a good run of form, but should be a game we win.

Should we rest players for the 'Boro game? I personally wouldn't mind us playing Hendrick instead of Johnson who has played a lot of games at 100% and maybe take Martin off early in the game to give him a rest.

Grant

Christie Keogh Shackell Warnock

Hendrick Thorne Butterfield 

Russell    Martin  Ince

Couldn't agree more, Johnson on Boxing Day was far below par and feel he needs a short spell out to re-charge the batteries. Plus Hendrick will be chomping at the bit and to be fair, has looked impressive when he's been given 15/20 minutes as sub. I'm going for a 2-1 Derby win! 

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

I'd be tempted to freshen the team selection up for this one rest either GT or BJ and maybe even give bent a run in place of Chrissy Martin  after all Saturday going to prove a much sterner test!  

Think it'll be same team again and b4 is on the beach. :) 

9 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

I'd be tempted to freshen the team selection up for this one rest either GT or BJ and maybe even give bent a run in place of Chrissy Martin  after all Saturday going to prove a much sterner test!  

Or we could do what Sheffield Weds did and go all out for these three points and sacrifice the Boro game. 

:blink:

What were they thinking of? Let's go for both!

Win and a defeat and not 2 draws would be my preference. That means go for it tonight. I would much prefer 2 wins but we wont get a win at either ground playing conservatively.

We should not save our big guns for saturday as that could effect the result tonight. Even defeat on saturday is not the end of the world if we win tonight especially as Hull are hit and miss and Brighton soon to be rebranded as Brighton and Draw Albion.

The games don't get any easier and no disrespect to Steve Evans but a change of manager will help as his predecessor seem to have our number. Leeds have some good players and have some confidence coming into this but I fancy us for this one. I will go a very hard 1-2 with Johnson scoring against his old club.

i hope Leeds really attack hard so that we can make use of the counter attack. Not sure how quick the Leeds back line are but I think that we are about to find out

Archived