Callum O'Dowda - Confirmed to Bristol City

Srg

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only just started reading the latest "The Secret Footballer" book and, confirming that TSF is David Kitson, I felt quite pleased to research and work out that the talented starlet he is representing as an agent is Callum O'Dowda. Of course a quick internet search confirmed my efforts as completely unnecessary.

However, I was amused about TSFs shock that O'Dowda turned out to have Irish ancestry that qualified him to play for the Irish U21's. Quote: "I'd asked him several times about his ancestry and Ireland never came up".

What's he called again Dave?

7 hours ago, drgoodspeak said:

Only just started reading the latest "The Secret Footballer" book and, confirming that TSF is David Kitson, I felt quite pleased to research and work out that the talented starlet he is representing as an agent is Callum O'Dowda. Of course a quick internet search confirmed my efforts as completely unnecessary.

However, I was amused about TSFs shock that O'Dowda turned out to have Irish ancestry that qualified him to play for the Irish U21's. Quote: "I'd asked him several times about his ancestry and Ireland never came up".

What's he called again Dave?

I posted a video on YouTube that reversed the disguising of his voice when he was interviewed live on C4 News.  It helped confirm it was him.

8 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

Should of been signing players like this instead of wasting good money on Blackman and camara.

I assume that you're basing that on less than two games played (in fact less than half a game in Camaras case) in the two worst team perfomances we've seen all season - unless of course you've been watching Reading all season and/or you're a huge fan of French football.......

8 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

They might be alright individual players but are they team players not so sure. 

No - we're not sure. Only time will tell but to write them off after 2 games for Blackman and approx half an hour for Camara is silly

22 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

No - we're not sure. Only time will tell but to write them off after 2 games for Blackman and approx half an hour for Camara is silly

All I'm saying is don't think there were any need to bring them in. We were 2nd it's just unsettled the squad more. 

Blackman isn't the answer for Derby, we have signed a player who hasn't scored for two months as an alternative to our striker who hasn't scored a goal from open play in two months. So Jay is right on that one.  

Camara on the other hand looks a cracking signing and just what we need, a player with pace who can add that something a bit extra.

10k a week is he and his dad having a laugh. Wow he's done well in league 2 let's wait to see if you can cut it at a higher level before you make demands like this. Sounds like a trouble maker to me would have thought he would be bending over backwards to get a move to a bigger club but hey greed as usual

22 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Blackman isn't the answer for Derby, we have signed a player who hasn't scored for two months as an alternative to our striker who hasn't scored a goal from open play in two months. So Jay is right on that one.  

Camara on the other hand looks a cracking signing and just what we need, a player with pace who can add that something a bit extra.

How many games has Blackman played for us, do you realise most new players need time to settle , not many hit the ground running

Since when was £10,000 a week a lot of money for a football player's wages. He is either a future star or he is not. If he is, then get him. All down to judgement at the end of the day. I remember them talking about Deli Ali. If you know in advance, they cost even more cash. SAS - he who dares wins. Easier to get it wrong than right.

25 minutes ago, Ovis aries said:

How many games has Blackman played for us, do you realise most new players need time to settle , not many hit the ground running

Fair point, although it isn't like we signed a player that Reading fans were upset about losing. He was their top scorer yet the majority were happy to see the back of him.

I haven't seen much from him in the two games he has played for us to suggest he will be a success with us, but I will be extremely happy to be wrong.  Either Way, it is a gamble worth taking, if he doesn't work out we would still be able to sell him for a decent amount and get most of what we paid for him back.

Archived