Callum O'Dowda - Confirmed to Bristol City

Srg

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Don't think he'll be in the development squad. Same age as Hughes by the way. Looks as though he wants to get to the byline and cross it in. Something the squad is missing. I'd be more exited with a signing like this than a prem has been! 

He's never played higher than L2... On what evidence is he good enough for this level? 

8 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

He's never played higher than L2... On what evidence is he good enough for this level? 

There's plenty of examples of players who have moved up to this level and done well having never played here before. I'm sure Leicester fans were questioning on what evidence Jamie Vardy was good enough. Bournemouth fans with Callum Wilson, Brentford fans with Andre Gray etc etc.

Now I'm obviously not suggesting he's going to go on to become the next Jamie Vardy, but to write him off immediately just because he plays for Oxford is a typical Derby fan reaction.

6 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Vardy played conference before joining Leicester is he good enough? Rather we signed someone like this with potential, than a has been ex prem player.., we had that last season! 

I'm actually starting to wonder whether we DO need some top league talent... We've had seasons of bringing in talented lower league players who have stepped up... But the thing we really stuggle with is a winners mentality... Maybe Pearson can give them that but wouldn't hurt to have a few more players in there who know what it takes to be the best... Always wondered if our problem under McClaren was that no-one around the place was used to being know as a 'favourite'... Every time we went top we'd struggle...

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I'm actually starting to wonder whether we DO need some top league talent... We've had seasons of bringing in talented lower league players who have stepped up... But the thing we really stuggle with is a winners mentality... Maybe Pearson can give them that but wouldn't hurt to have a few more players in there who know what it takes to be the best... Always wondered if our problem under McClaren was that no-one around the place was used to being know as a 'favourite'... Every time we went top we'd struggle...

That's just mentality, bornemouth didn't have past winners, nor burnley on their first promotion, neither had Watford or boro. You don't have to have played at the top to have a winners mentality.

also, I'd much rather see us signing these sort of players with potential and raw talent rather than the same fee for a nick Blackman, a 6mil johnson, or the equivalent in wages for a prem 'has been' bench warmer.

50 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Few Oxford fans on twitter think he's signing, £1.5m. 

Put the tweets up on here. 

Why do people on here think that just because we were interested in Jan that this isnt a Pearson signing? Im sure Pearson has been watching all levels of football in his time off and who is to say that O'Dowda isnt one of his targets?

Pearson does not strike me as the type to let someone else sign players he dont want or tell him who he has to sign, if that was the case he would never have wanted the job or he would be doing what the Lazio manager has done and walk out already!

Just now, Nijul_cluff said:

Why are fans like you so negative, 1 million is hardly a massive gamble is it

I'm not negative at all. 

Archived