Star Wars

Day

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

I'm just guessing

Spaceship, conflict, fight with strip light, "you didn't know this about me", big fight with mind magic and classical music, explosion.

This time the baddies sort of win

Apparently it breaks you down and builds you back up again. I’m guessing Luke dies but comes back as a force ghost who does more than just talk.

6 hours ago, maxjam said:

MUST RESIST REVIEWS... MUST RESIST REVIEWS...

Not long to go now, had my tickets for the 12:01am showing tonight for weeks!

Steer clear of the Guardian.  Those ass-hats only class spoilers as twists at the end of films.  The tits ruined a good proportion of Blade Runner 2049 for me...

Oh and enjoy all the middle-aged fat geezers dressed as Han Solo.  I went to the midnight screening of TFA, and I've never seen such a sad bunch of people in my life.

I'll probably go see it next weekend, let the crowds die down a tad.  I got burned by the hype over the last one, hence me queuing for 90 minutes surrounded by virgins carrying genuine lightsabers and a 17 stone woman in a Boba Fett basque!!!

So far so good, just got to avoid spoilers for a few more hours...  Hopefully it won't turn out like England vs Wales at Euro 2016, England were 1-0 down at half time, so I paused Sky and went to fetch the kids from school.  The route is pretty quiet so I thought I was fairly safe, only to walk past a couple of old codgers playing bowls in the park talking about Vardy's equaliser... 

And whlist I maybe a middle-aged fat geezer I certainly won't be going as Han Solo lol.  I'm taking my lad with me, he has standards even if I don't :p

7 minutes ago, maxjam said:

So far so good, just got to avoid spoilers for a few more hours...  Hopefully it won't turn out like England vs Wales at Euro 2016, England were 1-0 at half time, so I paused Sky and went to fetch the kids from school.  The route is pretty quiet so I thought I was fairly safe, only to walk past a couple of old codgers playing bowls in the park talking about Vardy's equaliser. 

And whlist I maybe a middle-aged fat geezer I certainly won't be going as Han Solo lol.  I'm taking my lad with me, he has standards even if I don't :p

There'll be some there, trust me...

Just got back... its a worthy addition coming in at #2 after Empire imo :)

Its best watched if you know absolutely nothing about the plot so I won't say anymore but there are more than a few talking points to discuss once everyone's seen it.

Oh and nice to see Kylo Ren in the foyer at Swadlincote Odeon :p

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

You've been taking my posts seriously?

Well no, but that just shows how low you have now dropped. Whilst I may not fully understand it I can give older folk a free pass for enjoying Star Wars, they grew up with the series.

You're a few years younger than me, you have no excuse.

3 hours ago, cannable said:

MINOR SPOILER:

Why can Princess Leia General Organa fly?! 

If you hear the reason, please let me know.

That scene was so out of step with absolutely everything which had gone before....and everything which followed...

It was sooooo...there's no other word for it...stupid.

I like Star Wars but certainly no fanatic. The film is excellent but, frankly, convoluted and confusing at times. Needs a second watch.

One question: I've always laughed at Mark Hamill as an actor but all the reviews I read said his performance was excellent. I thought his acting has improved but the film works despite him IMHO. How did you view Hamill's performance?

Archived