Star Wars

Day

26 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Most likely, but this is the first we're hearing about it.

Im wondering what they're planning for a live action telly show. Maybe Old Republic? Disney parting ways with Netflix is annoying though.

Nah, I've seen McGregor be very coy about it in interviews for a couple of years now, ever since the disney's marvel's Star Wars got rolling again around 2015. This seems to be the nearest thing we've had to confirmation though but I'm still not sure about it. I've seen people jump the gun on this a lot, we'll probably see Kathleen Kennedy asked about it in an interview in the next week or two and I think that'll be the biggest tell.

I think they'll launch the Disney streaming service with a Star Wars live action show. 8/10 episode type thing.

Not sure about Old Republic. For one thing, they're absolutely married to the original trilogy right now and I don't think Disney would do it justice. The old republic should be done as if its Game of Thrones but Star Wars, not really Disney's MO.

Expect it'll be some post-ROTJ type thing about plucky rebels.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
40 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

It could go very wrong, but I'm prepared to give it a go and think it'd lend itself to a trilogy if it works. Worrying stuff going on on the set though. Hopefully Ron Howard can sort it out.

This Obiwan film could be very good though. Don't like the prequels but Ewan McGregor was good in 2 and 3 considering what he had to work with.

I wonder what it'll be about exactly though. They could have given Maul justice by actually giving him something to say but they've already had the showdown between Maul and Obiwan on Tattoine in Rebels.

Will be interesting, got to be set between 3 and 4 i would imagine.

Never much bothered with rebels, no idea how they brought Maul back, he was cleary quite dead lol.

Always got the impression he kept his head down between 3 and 4.

29 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Nah, I've seen McGregor be very coy about it in interviews for a couple of years now, ever since the disney's marvel's Star Wars got rolling again around 2015. This seems to be the nearest thing we've had to confirmation though but I'm still not sure about it. I've seen people jump the gun on this a lot, we'll probably see Kathleen Kennedy asked about it in an interview in the next week or two and I think that'll be the biggest tell.

I think they'll launch the Disney streaming service with a Star Wars live action show. 8/10 episode type thing.

Not sure about Old Republic. For one thing, they're absolutely married to the original trilogy right now and I don't think Disney would do it justice. The old republic should be done as if its Game of Thrones but Star Wars, not really Disney's MO.

Expect it'll be some post-ROTJ type thing about plucky rebels.

Yeah they ask him and he says he's open to doing it. I've always thought there were probably talks but it's nice to hear The Hollywood Reporter all but 'confirming' its going ahead.

Yeah I've heard others say a GOT style show would work, probably minus the swearing and boobs (although Twi'lek boobs... maybe I'm ok with that). That's why I'm disappointed Disneys doing its own streaming service as Netflix could have pulled it off.

35 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Will be interesting, got to be set between 3 and 4 i would imagine.

Never much bothered with rebels, no idea how they brought Maul back, he was cleary quite dead lol.

Always got the impression he kept his head down between 3 and 4.

Ah yeah Maul was great on Clone Wars/Rebels but it's debatable as to whether it made sense to bring him back. Space magic!

Yeah it was tricky with Rebels as to how they could get that showdown with Maul and whether they could pull it off without ruining the idea of Old Ben being in hiding. 

But it worked well. It emerges Obiwan is keeping tabs on what's going on in the wider galaxy. And the duel had mixed reviews but for my money is one of the coolest lightsaber duels they've ever done, including the films. Much better than the dayglo Morris dancing of The Phantom Menace. The whole scene with Ben is probably 10 mins or less and the voice actor Stephen Stanton is great. Well worth a watch on YouTube if you're not planning on watching the show.

I think that's good. They don't always get it right though. In the comics they have a pretty good fight between Luke and Vader. But this means ESB is their second duel ?‍♂️

Sith Happens

Wonder if liam neeson will make a cameo. It was supposed to be part of ep 3 him showing obi wan how to become a force ghost.

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Wolfie said:

...if you can make anything out at all from all the lens flare.

lol, was just gonna post the same!

I'm looking forwards to having JJ do ep.9.  I enjoyed The Force Awakens and not really being a Trekkie, enjoyed the relaunch of that series too (that he also did).  Fingers crossed its a fitting end to the trilogy :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived