Star Wars

Day

4 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Well they made Anakin younger by putting Hayden Christensen at the end of ROTJ. I didn’t like that but I think they thought he’d return to a state before he was corrupted, which wouldn’t apply to Leia.

Carrie Fisher’s daughter is actually already in the last 2 films. She’s the one evacuating at the beginning of The Last Jedi.

I suppose that depends which version of ROTJ you prefer.

Totally no need for Lucas to mess with that at all.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I suppose that depends which version of ROTJ you prefer.

Totally no need for Lucas to mess with that at all.

Unfortunately only one version can be canon. And that means Han didn’t shoot first. I hope they put out the proper version soon now Lucas doesn’t own it.

4 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Unfortunately only one version can be canon. And that means Han didn’t shoot first. I hope they put out the proper version soon now Lucas doesn’t own it.

The version without the dodgy jabba scene with han should NOT be canon.

My personal canon is the originals with the special editions being some sort of fan edit.

On 12/24/2017 at 15:37, StringerBell said:

Regardless of Rey’s biological heritage, she still appears to be some kind of elite ‘chosen one’. The Force isn’t just something any Tom, Dick or Harry can tap into like people might have thought back in 1977. It was the prequels and the midichlorians that introduced all this ‘chosen one’ stuff. If Disney are trying to move away from that I don’t think giving Rey nobody parents really offers a solution.

Apart from Anakin Jedi never had children that we know of. Would they have inherited Force powers if they did?

Did you spot the force-grab of the broom from the little lad in the stables at the end (and then he goes on to stare up at 2 moons like Luke did in the first film).

Also remember the Jedi temples always seemed to be full of little kids, so I'm sure that they are now pushing the narrative of the force being something that is inside everyone (doesn't ObiWan actually say this when he first explains it to Luke?) you get trained in rather than something you can only ever inherit.

It also plays nicely as a realisation at the end of the "Last Jedi" that there will never be a last jedi as long as people can harness the potential of the force

Of course strong force sensitivity can be inherited like footballers who have naturally gifted footballing children, but there are thousands more footballers who aren't Tom Ince etc

Sith Happens
36 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Did you spot the force-grab of the broom from the little lad in the stables at the end (and then he goes on to stare up at 2 moons like Luke did in the first film).

Also remember the Jedi temples always seemed to be full of little kids, so I'm sure that they are now pushing the narrative of the force being something that is inside everyone (doesn't ObiWan actually say this when he first explains it to Luke?) you get trained in rather than something you can only ever inherit.

It also plays nicely as a realisation at the end of the "Last Jedi" that there will never be a last jedi as long as people can harness the potential of the force

Of course strong force sensitivity can be inherited like footballers who have naturally gifted footballing children, but there are thousands more footballers who aren't Tom Ince etc

I think thats it, the force flows through every living creature i think ben said, its just some are for more sensitive than others.

But i dont think they will train someone who isnt very force sensitive. I imagine its like the top 0.0001 % or something like that.

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

I didn’t spot it but heard about it after. I might see it again in 3d this time so will look for it then.

The prequels tells us we all have midichlorians. All of the Jedi were given up as children like an African giving their kid to Madonna or something. So if they’re pushing this idea that it’s all up to you, and anyone can be a hero (like in 1977) then they haven’t done a great job of it as it’s the same as the prequels really.

The Force has awakened, lots of Force users are rising up just like we had in the prequels. Then Rey is some kind of chosen one similar to Anakin. Not space Jesus, but it seems like the Force has granted her extraordinary powers compared to other force users.

I quite like that Kylo Ren – the dude with the Skywalker blood who had it all handed to him on a plate – is essentially an emotional man-child making a power grab to rule the galaxy. He should be the "chosen one" is the narrative was to follow a traditional path. But instead he's a murdery prat trying to create a dictatorship. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have done a 2nd viewing of TLJ. Got to say loved it so much this time round. Wonder if it will be another Empire which wasn't well received initially.

On 1/2/2018 at 10:40, StivePesley said:

I loved that bit.  That's the spark Poe talked about, the tale of Luke's sacrifice will spread through the galaxy and inspire beings to join the new rebellion.

I loved it full stop, especially that it's reset pretty much all the stuff set up by TFA (which I have major issues with), I don't care who Rey's parents were, or how Maz Kanata got Luke's saber, and I especially don't care about Snoke's back story.  I'm just glad we don't have a Emperor/Vader dynamic anymore.  The concept of some emotionally retarded, impulsive man child wanting to rule the galaxy is a lot more interesting.  I can't remember the exact line but Kylo mentioning others like him opens up the chance of making the other Knights of Ren major players in the next one.  Rey having to face off against half a dozen Kylo's is mouth watering

Thanks to Johnson, the story opportunities are endless, but I remain skeptical with JJ coming back...

The other thing I heard that makes me love TLJ even more is that the bit where they are escaping on the weird racing dinosaur thing and they nearly go over the cliff and shout "Cliff!" - is a direct reference to the last episode of The Young Ones (because Adrian Edmondson had a bit part in TLJ - and Johnson was a big fan of the Young Ones!)

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

The other thing I heard that makes me love TLJ even more is that the bit where they are escaping on the weird racing dinosaur thing and they nearly go over the cliff and shout "Cliff!" - is a direct reference to the last episode of The Young Ones (because Adrian Edmondson had a bit part in TLJ - and Johnson was a big fan of the Young Ones!)

He made a version of Bottom with some friends as a student film...

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

First trailer for Solo goes Solo. I’m not sure what I think of this. It’s a bit murkier than I thought it would be. I’m not sold on the new actor from these snippets. Some nice visuals though.

Cheers for that. Looks good.

My first thought is that it's good to see a spanking new (and clean) Millenium Falcon. It's always annoyed me how dirty & knackered it looks.

You'd think that Leia could have run round with a flash wipe or something...

4 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Cheers for that. Looks good.

My first thought is that it's good to see a spanking new (and clean) Millenium Falcon. It's always annoyed me how dirty & knackered it looks.

You'd think that Leia could have run round with a flash wipe or something...

Yeah just posted the pics, if it’s new here (it was in Episode 3 though?) that ship can’t have ever been cleaned. I think this is supposed to be 10 years max before the first film.

Theres a new bit at the front of the ship too between the mandibles.

54 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

First trailer for Solo goes Solo. I’m not sure what I think of this. It’s a bit murkier than I thought it would be. I’m not sold on the new actor from these snippets. Some nice visuals though.

32 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Yeah just posted the pics, if it’s new here (it was in Episode 3 though?) that ship can’t have ever been cleaned. I think this is supposed to be 10 years max before the first film.

Theres a new bit at the front of the ship too between the mandibles.

Think its going to be hard for any actor to convince people they are Han Solo other than Harrison Ford.

And there was 3 i think in Episode 3 but not specifically the falcon, just those particular models.

22 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Think its going to be hard for any actor to convince people they are Han Solo other than Harrison Ford.

And there was 3 i think in Episode 3 but not specifically the falcon, just those particular models.

Taking the piece between the mandibles out just be common practice then.

It’ll be hard but that’s the thing that’s going to make or break the film, at least with fans - if people buy it’s Han Solo. I think they might make more than one Han Solo film if it does well enough.

I thought River Phoenix did a great job of playing a young Harrison Ford in The Last Crusade.

14 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Taking the piece between the mandibles out just be common practice then.

It’ll be hard but that’s the thing that’s going to make or break the film, at least with fans - if people buy it’s Han Solo. I think they might make more than one Han Solo film if it does well enough.

I thought River Phoenix did a great job of playing a young Harrison Ford in The Last Crusade.

I djust my think he was available for this one though.

Archived