Star Wars

Day

Ah I see what you mean by 3 now @Paul71. Apparently the bottom photo was confirmed by Lucas to be the Falcon though. Apparently it has blue stripes (although I can’t see that) but there doesn’t seem to be anything between the mandibles so they’ll probably need to retcon that. I don’t really like the idea of the Falcon being brand new (if it is) tbh.

96i5c5.jpg

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, StringerBell said:

Taking the piece between the mandibles out just be common practice then.

It’ll be hard but that’s the thing that’s going to make or break the film, at least with fans - if people buy it’s Han Solo. I think they might make more than one Han Solo film if it does well enough.

I thought River Phoenix did a great job of playing a young Harrison Ford in The Last Crusade.

I think its different if its a 'young' version though, but this is really barely younger than the he was in A New Hope.

I dunno, Han Solo was always my favourite character so going to be interesting to see.

Like with Ewan Mcgregor and Obi Wan there was enough of an age gap to make it realistic and now if he plays an older version in the rumoured Obi Wan film then I wont have an issue as its more his character now than Alex Guinness.

I would have preferred them to leave the known characters mostly alone for the anthology films unless its a 'boba fett' type role, or even Poe as they can use the same actor.

Still I am expecting it to be pants so it might surprise me.

Ah I see what you mean by 3 now @Paul71. Apparently the bottom photo was confirmed by Lucas to be the Falcon though. Apparently it has blue stripes (although I can’t see that) but there doesn’t seem to be anything between the mandibles so they’ll probably need to retcon that. I don’t really like the idea of the Falcon being brand new (if it is) tbh.

96i5c5.jpg

Who knows, cant see it really matters other than a nod to the fans. Just glad the rumours of a young han solo in ROTS never came to fruition, that would have been awful.

Cant imagine the Falcon is new in Solo if its only 10 years before A New Hope though, seems to have taken an awful battering in 10 years if it is.

If the Rumours flying about that the main character 'death' in episode 9 is going to be the falcon then i wont be a happy bunny.

The YT-1300 Corellian light freighter, manufactured by the Corellian Engineering Corporation, were essentially giant "forklift" designed to tug around giant container ships. As one of the most successful designs in the history, the appeal of the vessel is not its basic equipment, but its modular ability to take an extraordinary amount of modifications and alterations. Its popularity amongst freighter captains throughout the galaxy guaranteed commercial operation in the galaxy during the final days of the Galactic Republic and the reign of the Galactic Empire. The Millennium Falcon, a smuggling vessel that becomes part of the Rebel Alliance fleet, is a YT-1300 of the YT-1300F-variety...

Bought one last week...

9 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

It seems weird they’d give those guys a series of films, however many that is. It’s not like they’ve got a great track record of films to their names.

I’m wondering if these films are going to be for the Disney streaming service rather than the cinema.

Going to get like Marvel etc if they arent careful. Will be TV series and everyting.

35 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Going to get like Marvel etc if they arent careful. Will be TV series and everyting.

Yeah they’ve already announced a TV series at the same time they announced the Rian Johnson trilogy.  I don’t t know what it’ll be but they’ve got all those scripts for Star Wars Underworld in the vault with some scripts written by Ronald D Moore and people who wrote episodes of The Wire I think.

17 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Yeah they’ve already announced a TV series at the same time they announced the Rian Johnson trilogy.  I don’t t know what it’ll be but they’ve got all those scripts for Star Wars Underworld in the vault with some scripts written by Ronald D Moore and people who wrote episodes of The Wire I think.

Suppose you cant blame them looking to get their moneys worth for the 6 billion or whatever it was they paid.

37 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

It was always Lucas’ intention to do it. You not keen on a telly show?

Last time he planned it to run after ROTS.

I guess I wouldnt mind if there wasnt a film coming out every year.

Just think its overkill.

Ive never really been into the TV stuff like Clone Wars, for me Star Wars should be the story of Skywalkers. Lucas shifted his stance after making the prequels to say all 6 were Anakins story but when the original films came out it was always 'From the adventures of luke skywalker'.

**** a brick. This is trending.

http://variety.com/2018/film/columns/star-wars-film-universe-game-of-thrones-weiss-benioff-white-creators-1202689891/

I don’t want to turn this into another one of those threads but this is exactly what we were talking about before @StivePesley. I can’t be bothered to go through it all but the two new guys and Kirsch and Larry Kasdan are Jewish, one of the Rogue One writers is. I bet more are too. But it’s framed as 96% are white men. This woman is literally complaining about Jews and that George Lucas isn’t a black woman but frames it as an attack on white men. Which progressives are of course lapping up, under the delusion they’re making some grand moral point.

21 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Last time he planned it to run after ROTS.

I guess I wouldnt mind if there wasnt a film coming out every year.

Just think its overkill.

Ive never really been into the TV stuff like Clone Wars, for me Star Wars should be the story of Skywalkers. Lucas shifted his stance after making the prequels to say all 6 were Anakins story but when the original films came out it was always 'From the adventures of luke skywalker'.

I’m currently reading The secret history of Star Wars. One thing to take from it - Lucas is a fibber.

3 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I’m currently reading The secret history of Star Wars. One thing to take from it - Lucas is a fibber.

Yeah.

2005, Will there be an episode 7? No. Could someone else do it ? No?

a few years later 6 billion dollars says there will be ha.

21 hours ago, StringerBell said:

which progressives are of course lapping up, under the delusion they’re making some grand moral point.

Turning into a Jewish conspiracy so that alt.right nobheads can lap it up, under the illusion they're pointing out some grand hypocrisy is just as bad though.

There's a clear lack of diversity there. Is that a problem? Not especially for me (given that SW has never seemed to suffer from it). Lucasfilm/Disney are private enterprises, and as such they can do what they like. Likewise the writer of the article can make whatever point she likes - it's called freedom of speech. I thought you were up for that?

45 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Turning into a Jewish conspiracy so that alt.right nobheads can lap it up, under the illusion they're pointing out some grand hypocrisy is just as bad though.

There's a clear lack of diversity there. Is that a problem? Not especially for me (given that SW has never seemed to suffer from it). Lucasfilm/Disney are private enterprises, and as such they can do what they like. Likewise the writer of the article can make whatever point she likes - it's called freedom of speech. I thought you were up for that?

Oh you want to come out confrontational? I thought I’d just share it as an example of what we were talking about and as I have already said I didn’t want it to be one of those threads. But ok then.

Yeah good point Stive. I look a right fool for saying she shouldn’t be allowed to talk. Because I definitely said that.

And yes, that Variety article promoted by Twitter calling for less Jews in Star Wars was just as bad. I mean even if you accept the axiom that Jews are white (which is debatable) then there are 3 times as many white men as there should be if Star Wars was representative of US society as a whole. However, there are 39 times as many Jewish men as there should be based on the same logic. So it is hypocritical. Progressives should hand the alt-right the floor at this point. 39 is quite a bit bigger than 3.

Progressives? Alt-right? They’re there same, except the progressives have power and influence.

Oh you want to come out confrontational? I thought I’d just share it as an example of what we were talking about and as I have already said I didn’t want it to be one of those threads. But ok then.

yeah sorry I was taking your cue that we shouldn't go there, because not everything has to be a battle. And as I say - this is irrelevant to me. White, Jewish, Female or Wookiees I don't care. I enjoy Star Wars.

3 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

yeah sorry I was taking your cue that we shouldn't go there, because not everything has to be a battle. And as I say - this is irrelevant to me. White, Jewish, Female or Wookiees I don't care. I enjoy Star Wars.

Same here. I’m glad there’s an ongoing thread on here to talk about it.

Although I’m all for positive discrimination in favour of Wookiees. Look at what systemic oppression has done to Chewie in my profile pic!

Archived