Star Wars

Day

38 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

So basically you want to watch tough, beefy men grapple physically with each other? 

In other news, I got beat up on the way home tonight for being a white male. All these women were kicking my head in and some blacks and asians were stamping on my white ass.  It was a direct result of white men been made out to be the bad guys in pretty much every film ever. Life is so unfair. I'd love all those horrible women, foreigners, gays etc to walk a day in my shoes.

I want action stars to look like like they could kick your ass rather than be 5'2" women like Emilia Clarke or Felicity Jones who couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper bag, as I've already said. Why is there a push to get women fighting to save the world on the silver screen? Unless they're Israeli or Kurdish then they don't do it in real life all that often. 

The Hunger Games was great because it appealed to women as opposed to just having a woman in it for reasons unspecified.

Are you sure that was the reason you got beat up? There seems to be other, more plausible alternatives.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with your usual sarcasm that doesn't quite hit home but as statistically men are more likely to be assaulted on the street and black people are per capita more likely to be doing the assaulting then it appears you only managed to get one out of three with the women assaulting you one. Perhaps if women had more societal pressure to bring home the bacon then we'd see more women committing violent crimes rather than pushing their men to do it for them eh? Shall we get back to Star Wars now?

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, StringerBell said:

I want action stars to look like like they could kick your ass rather than be 5'2" women like Emilia Clarke or Felicity Jones who couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper bag, as I've already said. Why is there a push to get women fighting to save the world on the silver screen? Unless they're Israeli or Kurdish then they don't do it in real life all that often. 

The Hunger Games was great because it appealed to women as opposed to just having a woman in it for reasons unspecified.

Are you sure that was the reason you got beat up? There seems to be other, more plausible alternatives.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with your usual sarcasm that doesn't quite hit home but as statistically men are more likely to be assaulted on the street and black people are per capita more likely to be doing the assaulting then it appears you only managed to get one out of three with the women assaulting you one. Perhaps if women had more societal pressure to bring home the bacon then we'd see more women committing violent crimes rather than pushing their men to do it for them eh? Shall we get back to Star Wars now?

White men are most likely to be attacked or white men are most likely to be attacked per capita?

Either way, I'm sure your 'stats' will come from somewhere very reliable, ie where someone like you has been paid to produce biased research. Like you, they don't even believe it but they need to bring home the bacon all the same.

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

White men are most likely to be attacked or white men are most likely to be attacked per capita?

Either way, I'm sure your 'stats' will come from somewhere very reliable, ie where someone like you has been paid to produce biased research. Like you, they don't even believe it but they need to bring home the bacon all the same.

I didnt say white men are more likely to be attacked I said men are more likely to be attacked. Black people are more likely to be attacked per capita I think.

Sure I would expect an insurgent progressive commie like yourself to think official Ministry of Justice data is 'biased research'.

Don't want to talk about Star Wars then? I'm off to see it tonight.

Loved it. 

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

What happened at the end is what I initially thought would happen. Then I read a review that said there was a happy ending so I was actually surprised by the actual end which wasn't happy at all.

I'm a bit confused as to why the Tantive IV was docked on another ship. I thought they were off to Tatooine to find Obiwan. Why dock on another ship that's about to go into battle when there's an important mission of your own to go on? I suppose they could have took the plans to him (not sure why though) but I thought this was a private mission Bale Organa had arranged. 

3 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Loved it. 

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

What happened at the end is what I initially thought would happen. Then I read a review that said there was a happy ending so I was actually surprised by the actual end which wasn't happy at all.

I'm a bit confused as to why the Tantive IV was docked on another ship. I thought they were off to Tatooine to find Obiwan. Why dock on another ship that's about to go into battle when there's an important mission of your own to go on? I suppose they could have took the plans to him (not sure why though) but I thought this was a private mission Bale Organa had arranged. 

SPOILERS ALSO

SPOILERS ALSO

SPOILERS ALSO

Also threw me off that all these Rebels were scrambling away from you know who, screaming and pissing their pants, then they went round one corner and Leia was just standing there like lol hope, sort of took away from those guys deaths for me.

STILL that scene was pure fanboy ejaculation goodness.

44 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

SPOILERS ALSO

SPOILERS ALSO

SPOILERS ALSO

Also threw me off that all these Rebels were scrambling away from you know who, screaming and pissing their pants, then they went round one corner and Leia was just standing there like lol hope, sort of took away from those guys deaths for me.

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

It was great wasn't it? A glimpse of what the prequels could have had. It was like a horror film watching him come down that corridor.

The cheek of Antilles and Leia making out they're on a diplomatic mission to/from Alderaan or whatever hey say though. Darth Vader must be thinking "Are you ******* kidding me? I've just seen you scarper off with the plans with my own eyes!" No wonder he doesn't muck about with them.

He also asks where the plans are they intercepted. Well they didn't really intercept anything. 

44 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

SPOILERS ALSO

SPOILERS ALSO

SPOILERS ALSO

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

It was great wasn't it? A glimpse of what the prequels could have had. It was like a horror film watching him come down that corridor.

The cheek of Antilles and Leia making out they're on a diplomatic mission to/from Alderaan or whatever though. Darth Vader must be thinking "Are you ******* kidding me? I've just seen you scarper off with the plans with my own eyes!" No wonder he doesn't muck about with them.

He also asks where the plans are they intercepted. Well they didn't really intercept anything. 

Really enjoyed it. Bit of a slow start, but like everyone elsehas mentioned that last hour absolutely flew by for me. Really happy that the ending I thought was going to happen actually did.

Loved the CGI cameos, could barely tell that they were CGI and they were integral to the plot so I don't begrudge them.

That last scene though, that was glorious. Can we have another movie focusing purely on that character please?

On 19/12/2016 at 03:21, MuespachRam said:

we went this afternoon, it is really really good....as many have stated it get better and better as it goes on. 

It starts off complicated....but the final scenes with ********* no I'm not saying...just go and see it, its great.

Went yesterday, couldn't put it better, the kids liked it and were trying to piece together the follow on towards the end.

The only major flaw, is the Death Star looks complete, seem to remember the original being nowhere so. 

Otherwise it's good family entertainment in a crappy winters day and for the film length, the back end just flew by in action scenes.

2 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Went yesterday, couldn't put it better, the kids liked it and were trying to piece together the follow on towards the end.

The only major flaw, is the Death Star looks complete, seem to remember the original being nowhere so. 

Otherwise it's good family entertainment in a crappy winters day and for the film length, the back end just flew by in action scenes.

It was complete, it was the second one in ROTJ that was not finished.

Just now, Paul71 said:

It was complete, it was the second one in ROTJ that was not finished.

Ah see showing my age, coming back to me now, I watched the original at a very young age and have never watched it since other than half glanced at kids watching it on dvd. 

For me the one thing that just didnt seem right was Darth Vader, his voice didnt seem right, and also the look just seemed as though something was wrong, like some fella had hired a fancy dress costume....dont know if its because the actor protraying him isnt as tall and imposing as David Prowse or something else.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

For me the one thing that just didnt seem right was Darth Vader, his voice didnt seem right, and also the look just seemed as though something was wrong, like some fella had hired a fancy dress costume....dont know if its because the actor protraying him isnt as tall and imposing as David Prowse or something else.

Didn't they use Paul O'Grady for Vader's voice?

8 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Yep I thought that too, the centre panel of Vaders get up looked like a fancy dress costume, it looked cheap 

3 hours ago, davenportram said:

Oh and there are differences in all of the Vader costumes in every film too. I guess it's updated versions of the suit

They went as close to the original costume as possible for this (down to the fingerprints on the mask, I believe),which may have been to Vaders detriment.

There was something off about the voice for me too. Not booming enough. Also a pun.

Archived