Star Wars

Day

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Slavic Carrie Fisher got me wondering...

1006070_10201850185921205_124515303_n.jpg

I know I'm getting old but can't remember her dressed as a slav and as I am getting old and forgetful I double checked I spelt slave correct this time and not leave it to this new fangled technology auto correct.

Thoughts on the released title Star Wars 'the Last Jedi'...? It's clever as it's supposed to evoke a reaction of "oh my goodness, they're going to kill Luke!" But isn't Jedi also the plural term? Meaning, we could actually see more Jedi appearing, other than Luke (and possibly Rey...)

15 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Thoughts on the released title Star Wars 'the Last Jedi'...? It's clever as it's supposed to evoke a reaction of "oh my goodness, they're going to kill Luke!" But isn't Jedi also the plural term? Meaning, we could actually see more Jedi appearing, other than Luke (and possibly Rey...)

Indeed it is, it could well mean several.

Rumours also increasing that Harrison Ford may well be in the movie afterall, but probably in some sort of flashback sequence.

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

Possibly not in this case. Foreign language translations have it down as a singular male. 

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

Luke isn't a Jedi in the strictest sense. After all he went to the dark side in Return of the Jedi, so he is more 'grey' as he also failed to complete his training.

Jedi/Sith is white/black real world has colour.

My guess would be Jedi embracing the force as a whole and not just one point.

17 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Would other people have been more happy for Rogue One to have been the last of the prequels?  Revenge of the Sith could be scrubbed from history...or The Phantom Menace...

No i wish they had told the story differently thats all in the prequels. Rogue one is the best prequel if you want to call it that.

• 2 months later...
55 minutes ago, maxjam said:

As a massive Star Wars fan myself I'm liking the new direction The Last Jedi could be taking...  Here's hoping for 'Grey Jedi' and the 'Journal of the Whills'

I never liked the term Gray Jedi, but I know what you mean. I hate what Lucas turned the Jedi into.

Theyve been building up to it for a while - Snoke not being Sith, Ahsoka not being Jedi, The Bendu, other different factions of force users in the comics...

If Luke wants to get his end away then force ghost Yoda and force ghost Ben should let him.

Yeah, Grey Jedi wasn't my preferred term but you get the idea :)

We've been told for years that the force strives to be in balance, therefore if Jedi strive to be at one end of the spectrum you naturally get someone striving to be at the other. The Whills have been introduced into Star Wars Rebels (excellent tv show and canon if you've not seen it) and briefly mentioned in Rogue One and they have a code or passage in their journal that describe a third way - I'm guessing thats the book that Luke (?) had his hand on in the trailer.

Anyway we've had good vs bad and bigger and bigger death stars for a while now, I'm excited to see where this takes us...

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

with Ewan Mcgregor in it ?

They've not confirmed that but I'd imagine so as he's already said he's open to do it. It's looking like Stephen Daldry might be directing who did Billy Elliot and the Hours so I'm hoping for a fairly low key, personal film. Maybe a Tattoine version of Shane?

Sith Happens
16 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

They've not confirmed that but I'd imagine so as he's already said he's open to do it. It's looking like Stephen Daldry might be directing who did Billy Elliot and the Hours so I'm hoping for a fairly low key, personal film. Maybe a Tattoine version of Shane?

I suppose Alec Guiness will be a bit rusty by now.

This is one I would like to see, i never had an issue with a 'new' obiwan, obiwan was one of the redeeming aspects of the prequels.

The Han Solo one I just dont really want to see, i will watch it but it wont be at the cinema. I am struggling to accept the concept of a new Han Solo.

32 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

It's been in the work for ages now, think they've been waiting him to age up a bit tbh.

Not sure where it will fall on the current slate of films. I'd guess it's the film that will follow Episode 9 in 2020.

Most likely, but this is the first we're hearing about it.

Im wondering what they're planning for a live action telly show. Maybe Old Republic? Disney parting ways with Netflix is annoying though.

28 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I suppose Alec Guiness will be a bit rusty by now.

This is one I would like to see, i never had an issue with a 'new' obiwan, obiwan was one of the redeeming aspects of the prequels.

The Han Solo one I just dont really want to see, i will watch it but it wont be at the cinema. I am struggling to accept the concept of a new Han Solo.

It could go very wrong, but I'm prepared to give it a go and think it'd lend itself to a trilogy if it works. Worrying stuff going on on the set though. Hopefully Ron Howard can sort it out.

This Obiwan film could be very good though. Don't like the prequels but Ewan McGregor was good in 2 and 3 considering what he had to work with.

I wonder what it'll be about exactly though. They could have given Maul justice by actually giving him something to say but they've already had the showdown between Maul and Obiwan on Tattoine in Rebels.

Archived