Milk no sugar please Mel, I'm sweet enough

Day

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Nice to see Mel looking after the 'doorstep' fans again.  What about the loyal fans out in Finland, Aus, 'Trumpsville', Sweden and Brighton, just to name a few far flung regions represented on this forum. Utter disgrace. Mel Morris you will mean nothing to me until you come and personally serve me a hot half-time beverage, and tease me with a chocolate finger.

Although your equally valued you won't be freezing your knackers off. That's why.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, unclej said:

Hilarious. So the kids at the food and drink bars are expected to dispense 28,472 hot drinks in 15 minutes.  I looking forward to seeing this.

"Fans will be able to receive their drink by visiting the kiosks in the concourses - while further distribution points will also be available for the game to cover for the expected high demand."

18 minutes ago, Daveo said:

"Fans will be able to receive their drink by visiting the kiosks in the concourses - while further distribution points will also be available for the game to cover for the expected high demand."

Making hot drinks takes up a lot of time and brewing up 20,000 teas/coffees would be well outside the capacity of the normal concourse staff. I can only imagine that Mel has brought in some railway style vending trollies to be wheeled to the bottom of the staircases around the edge of the pitch.

1 hour ago, robster1 said:

Meanwhile......... at Leeds.....their owner can't increase ticket prices directly (some league rules),  so he adds £5 to the price of a ticket and you get a "free" pie (worth £5).

Leeds' attendances are falling (despite their massive support) and we get 30,000 every week.

Even though its Leeds you have to feel sorry for their fans.

Think we've had 30,000 maybe once this season. Boro? Maybe one other? 

Pedantic mode off. 

1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

I've bought a marvellous dcfcfans.uk t-shirt (buy yours today) to show my support to the forum, I think it would be a nice gesture if Daveo sent me a teabag (unused) :)

Last person that asked for a teabag off @Daveo got a right mouthful :ph34r:

It's a fantastic offer in principle.

In practical terms, just available at half time, not really practicable.

not many want to leave their seats to get a purchase from the concourse under normal circumstances because of the queues and missing the start of the second half, it'll be bedlam if there's a freebie on offer.

Will the freebies only be available after the whistle?

Nice gesture Mr Morris, I'm sure a lot will get a free cup of tea, bravo.

Archived