Milk no sugar please Mel, I'm sweet enough

Day

3 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Tried to post a nice cuppa but ended up with a blank quote.........and a wet mark on my carpet under the letterbox and a broken mug on my front steps!

Personally I like my tea black with one sugar, others like it a bit different.

The 'like' was for the image of you trying to do a selfie with a mug of black tea in your hand ,

not for the video , which i didn't press play for ..:)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Making hot drinks takes up a lot of time and brewing up 20,000 teas/coffees would be well outside the capacity of the normal concourse staff. I can only imagine that Mel has brought in some railway style vending trollies to be wheeled to the bottom of the staircases around the edge of the pitch.

God help us all if said trollies are as effective as South West trains. Capacity of 3 cups with hot  (definitely not boiling) water dispensed at about the same pace as a labrador drool.

I've also wondered how they managed to get the hot drinks so damn hot. I thought boiling water was just that, very hot and that was it. But when you get a hot drink from the concourse it's so exceptionally hot you can't drink it for about half an hour. 

Its clever from Mel.

Assuming 10,000 take up this offer, you're probably talking in the region of a cost around £500 to Mel's pocket.

If 500 of those 10,000 buy something else food wise from the Kiosks over and above the 'regular clientele' the additional cost of providing staff which I imagine the catering company are providing will more than be off set.

Its a win-win.

Mel is no fool - this will give him good 'street cred' at very little cost.

I'm not knocking - just being realistic before someone comes down on me like a ton of bricks.

Cracking gesture from Mel, but the problem won't be getting it served so much as people getting down there in time to get the drink. I never leave my seat until the final whistle at the end of the game and getting down the stairs from the top of the south stand takes ages and that is with people leaving the ground. Imagine how long it would take if everybody took up the offer and instead of leaving the ground, queued up for a drink instead!

Can't fault his generosity though.

4 hours ago, HantsRam said:

God help us all if said trollies are as effective as South West trains. Capacity of 3 cups with hot  (definitely not boiling) water dispensed at about the same pace as a labrador drool.

3 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I've also wondered how they managed to get the hot drinks so damn hot. I thought boiling water was just that, very hot and that was it. But when you get a hot drink from the concourse it's so exceptionally hot you can't drink it for about half an hour. 

Look, either it's hot or its not?

which is it? 

Do we need a poll?

5 hours ago, rammieib said:

Its clever from Mel.

Assuming 10,000 take up this offer, you're probably talking in the region of a cost around £500 to Mel's pocket.

If 500 of those 10,000 buy something else food wise from the Kiosks over and above the 'regular clientele' the additional cost of providing staff which I imagine the catering company are providing will more than be off set.

Its a win-win.

Mel is no fool - this will give him good 'street cred' at very little cost.

I'm not knocking - just being realistic before someone comes down on me like a ton of bricks.

I'm not sure but I don't think DCFC have catering in-house, an external company manage it on a license basis.

So what Mel is doing is effectively buying a drink for everyone from the catering company, and if fans spend more it'll go into the pockets of the external company.

8 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

its super heated in a pressurised system, its actually over 100 degrees when its poured

4 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

It's hot. Very hot. And not that nice either. I had the coffee and I have no idea how they can make a branded coffee taste so vile! 

Bought my daughter a hot chocolate at he match one (yes just the one), it was nearly full time before it was cool enough to drink.

Great gesture though.

1 hour ago, mozza said:

i always thought boiling point was what it says , boiling point , over that and it's steam

In a pressurised system it can reach much higher temperatures. Like in the cooling system of a car. That's why you should never open the radiator when the system is still hot. You release the pressure and the coolant vaporises and you get a fave full of steam.

Archived