Milk no sugar please Mel, I'm sweet enough

Day

Derby County Chairman Mel Morris has today announced another generous offer to supporters.

The club’s Chairman has revealed that he will provide a free hot drink to home fans attending this month’s Sky Bet Championship fixture at home to Bristol City on Tuesday 15th December (7:45pm).

In what will be the Rams’ final home game before Christmas, fans will be able to enjoy a tea, coffee or a hot chocolate at half-time only on behalf of the Chairman.

Season Ticket Holders were given a limited edition scarf free of charge by Derby’s Chairman in October - as well as receiving the commitment that the club will not increase individual season ticket prices for all those purchasing in the first renewal period of the 2016/17 campaign.

The latest offer is available to all supporters, providing the opportunity to keep warm whilst watching the Rams in action on a cold winter’s night.

Mel Morris said: “The BBC’s Price Of Football survey was revealed earlier this year and we are aware that we were on the pricey side for a cup of tea - so I felt as Chairman that I should do something about it.

“We want to repay our fans for their support with this initiative and it’s an experiment for us as well - to see how many drinks we can serve.

“One of the challenges isn’t just the price and the quality of the product but also how many supporters we can serve.

“We are looking to make changes in how we serve our fans around concourses next season and this is one of the first steps towards that.”

Fans will be able to receive their drink by visiting the kiosks in the concourses - while further distribution points will also be available for the game to cover for the expected high demand.

http://mobile.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-county-chairman-mel-morris-offers-free-hot-drink-to-all-supporters-2841995.aspx

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good on ya Mel, thanks very much! 

I'm going to be interested in how they will achieve this and allow us to still watch the second half. It's a challenge on a normal game to get served and back to your seat so let's hope the servers are actually awake for a change. 

41 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Good on ya Mel, thanks very much! 

I'm going to be interested in how they will achieve this and allow us to still watch the second half. It's a challenge on a normal game to get served and back to your seat so let's hope the servers are actually awake for a change. 

We may need a 30 minute half time for this

Mel dips his hand in his pocket yet again; do feel he is one of the most generous chairman/owners in football, believe he even did a free bar for former players and guests at their do last week. The guy is a different class to to the likes of fridge magnet.

hot spiced cider? it's a hot beverage and seasonal.

Personally, i think this is evidence of smart thinking - a chance to test out a few things regarding the hot drinks sales (volumes, viable margins) in one hit. Mel's fronting the cost, but probably much reduced on equivalent full retail, advertised the bristol match which is likely to be a quiet-ish one, makes the club look good to fans and holds the promise of catering improvements next season.

Meanwhile......... at Leeds.....their owner can't increase ticket prices directly (some league rules),  so he adds £5 to the price of a ticket and you get a "free" pie (worth £5).

Leeds' attendances are falling (despite their massive support) and we get 30,000 every week.

Even though its Leeds you have to feel sorry for their fans.

Nice to see Mel looking after the 'doorstep' fans again.  What about the loyal fans out in Finland, Aus, 'Trumpsville', Sweden and Brighton, just to name a few far flung regions represented on this forum. Utter disgrace. Mel Morris you will mean nothing to me until you come and personally serve me a hot half-time beverage, and tease me with a chocolate finger.

Archived