Try Ince as a central striker

Curtains

Ince doesn't really make runs unless he already has the ball at feet. This for me automatically rules him out of the up front position. I wouldn't be against him playing behind Martin/Bent and over the past few weeks our full backs are getting forward more.

As much as I would be happy to see a diamond, I also respect that we are third, have lost one in 15 or whatever it is and we are doing fine,

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great thread. I like feeding trolls.

Yes lets drop Martin and put Ince at CF. While we're at it, let's use Weimann's pace at LB and Keogh's forward running in an AM position behind Ince. Carson isn't very good with his feet is he? Ideal for right-back...

I think instead of bringing Bent on late, let's put Clement up there. He's what... 6ft 6inch? He could be our Peter Crouch,

Who am I missing? Who should fill Ince's position on the right? Perhaps Warnock... That sweet left foot. He could cut in and player killer passes for Ince to run onto behind the defence.

What do you think Curtains?

Oh, and since playing 4-3-3 after Johnson/Butterfield joined we'v claimed more points than anyone else. But the formantion doens't work cause Martin can't score.

Drop him. And put Ince there as he can't score a goal from the corner flag.

2 hours ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Ince needs a bit of timeout, he's getting stick, underserved imo as he's being doubled up a lot which is allowing Christie the freedom he's getting, trouble is ince is one of those players who could be quiet for 89 minutes but a match winner in 1 minute

I think this is exactly the reason he's not being dropped, Ince is very much a matchwinner, I think we're just waiting for him to switch on the style.

In games like Saturday v Brighton, a player like Ince can be the difference between 1 or 3 points. We saw his quality last season, he can literally spring up with a goal out of nowhere but we're yet to see him really hit form so far this season, a goal and a win on saturday could well kickstart his season.

An in-form Ince on Saturday would give us a massive boost ahead of potentially our biggest test this season (but on the wing, not upfront)!

In defence of the original poster, all of Inces best performances for Derby have been the games, or sections of the game where he has been moved to the "hole" position in a 4-2-3-1 formation as the central of the 3 attacking midfielders.

Ive never been much of a fan of Ince it has to be said, as he is very much a confidence player, and as soon as he is marked tightly he goes missing. Having said that I was a little more of a fan when he banged some goals in last season.

On 11/12/2015 at 09:18, emjlc02 said:

I do actually think Ince plays better with Bent than martin. I think as bent is always looking to run in behind it creates more space for Ince. The team however functions better with Martin

In one.

2 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Ince > Martin IMO 

Bent showed that he can hold the ball up, he can receive a long ball and do something with it and he can assist.

Whilst I'm really pleased the Ince/Bent combo has worked I'd be reluctant to make this a permanent adjustment. Unless PC can make it work consistently, stick with what we know and what has earned us 41 points so far this season. Chris Martin is absolutely pivotal to our game 99% of the time.  I would like to see more of this though, formation/changes to keep the other team on their toes from time to time.

Archived