Try Ince as a central striker

Curtains

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, super rams said:

Possibly give Ince a free role just behind Martin, rather than stuck out on a wing especially with Christie playing attack wing back on the right. That way he could pick up the Martin flick on's, play on the right or left, its difficult to mark someone that constantly drifts into positions, it drags the opponents CB all over the place and opens up their defence.

Best post of the day. 

My two penneth on Ince...

Whilst he does seem to be naturally inclined towards the centre of the pitch, I think he needs the space afforded to him out wide. I remember we played him in the hole in a 4-2-3-1 (I forget which match) and he was completely crowded out. Both opposition CBs were on him, plus the MF dropped back to squeeze him out of the game. I don't think he has a quick footballing brain when it comes to decision making, so the extra second/yard he has out wide is important for him to receive the ball and then process his options (whether he's making the right choice at the moment is another debate)

I think his presence and movement out wide also benefits Christie, as Ince cutting inside (and taking two defenders with him), creates a lot of space on the flank which Cyrus can then exploit. Do we want a wide man who runs the channel and occupies the space Christie likes to run in to?

Like I said, just my two penneth. Feel free to disagree.

32 minutes ago, curtains said:

I still don't know in the modern game it's not like 1966 anymore  it's a bit more fluid these days  

Super Rams has it for the best post today. 

Play Ince just behind Martin with a free role .

We have tried Ince behind a few times and it has had a mixed results

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Curtains declaring Super Rams as the best post of the day, all we need now is b4 handing over the prize and my life will be complete.

On the same sort of scale as Phil Brown awarding Paul Jewell the manager of the year award.

Archived