Thorne on football league tonight

Derbados

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

George Thorne is pure class , if he can keep fit,which he is doing,touch wood,he will prove to be a snip at two million pounds,this lad is good enough to play at the very top he oozes class and composure,and the goal today was pure class,I was right behind it,and the moment it left his foot I new it was in.

I think the defensive part of his game goes unnoticed, due to his passing ability.

His positional sense when we're defending is very good.

Have we conceded more than 2 goals in any game he's played in?

Nope.

I think my favourite stat though is that for all the time Hughes and Thorne have been on the pitch together we've conceded a grand total of two goals.

More like one goal though, as one we conceded was in the Watford game last season when he was blatantly injured from the start. 

Nope.

I think my favourite stat though is that for all the time Hughes and Thorne have been on the pitch together we've conceded a grand total of two goals.

More like one goal though, as one we conceded was in the Watford game last season when he was blatantly injured from the start. 

Does this status not just show they haven't played together much?

Love Georgie boy but he doesn't make the WhoScored team of the week/month/season. While he's a terrific player he's not England quality just yet and I think it's true that every club's fans tend to overrate their own.

That said, of course I would love it if he leads us to promotion and a place in the Euros to boot, but the latter just isn't going to happen. If he can stay fit for the season, I do expect the former will.

Love Georgie boy but he doesn't make the WhoScored team of the week/month/season. While he's a terrific player he's not England quality just yet and I think it's true that every club's fans tend to overrate their own.

That said, of course I would love it if he leads us to promotion and a place in the Euros to boot, but the latter just isn't going to happen. If he can stay fit for the season, I do expect the former will.

Thank goodness someone is capable of being sensible about this!

He has had a good half season for a Championship team, to start saying he is international class already is ridiculous.

Thank goodness someone is capable of being sensible about this!

He has had a good half season for a Championship team, to start saying he is international class already is ridiculous.

easily international class surely he has an Irish/Scottish or welsh ancestor

easily international class surely he has an Irish/Scottish or welsh ancestor

If he likes a slice of ginger cake he could qualify for Jamaica.

He was just on the verge of seeming to take the pils on occasions against Huddersfield.We have three players that can pass a ball accurately and it arrive at the other player at the exactly perfect pace - Thorne, Hughes and Martin..If all those three are in the team along with Johnson, some teams will be cut to ribbons.

Archived