Thorne on football league tonight

Derbados

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most impressive thing for me is the amount of tackles, every game you see him breaking up play and stopping teams advance, his timing and positioning are so great that he rarely goes to ground to make a tackle and always comes out with the ball in a way that he can then make a pass.

The most passes is mainly due to teams plating so defensive against us and not pressing us until we are in the final third, so Thorne has so much time on the ball. This is more testament to how much quality we have in our squad that teams have to be cautious.

If he stays fit he'll play for England at some point, 100%. My only concern is if teams stick a tricky CAM on him (Fabbrini and Jonny Williams come to mind) they can cause him problems when defending, as for all his qualities he's also very slow. I even think he was booked for a tackle on Fabbrini when we played Boro. 

Since when did you have to be international class to get a cap for England?

Jesse Lingard played in the Manchester Derby yesterday. Hodgson was there. He'll give him a cap. You watch - he can't help himself!

Thorne should have the ambition to win a cap in the next three years.

If he stays fit he'll play for England at some point, 100%. My only concern is if teams stick a tricky CAM on him (Fabbrini and Jonny Williams come to mind) they can cause him problems when defending, as for all his qualities he's also very slow. I even think he was booked for a tackle on Fabbrini when we played Boro. 

Wasn't a tackle, was a touch of the arm, and Fabbrini dropped like he had been shot. Never a foul and never a yellow.

Wasn't a tackle, was a touch of the arm, and Fabbrini dropped like he had been shot. Never a foul and never a yellow.

Yeah that sounds about right. My point still stands though, he had fouled him a couple of times before that which was probably why he was booked for that particular foul. 

Just remembered this pass he made for Russell...

That pass makes me hard :wub:

If Ozil, Zayate, Cabbaye or De Bruyne had done that on MOTD, Lineker & the boys would've been creaming themselves for a good 5 mins!!!

I'm really looking forward to the days when him, Johnson & Hughes are in the same side :o

Yeah that sounds about right. My point still stands though, he had fouled him a couple of times before that which was probably why he was booked for that particular foul. 

He didn't foul him before that. In fact it was his only foul all game.

Didn't realise I was speaking to WhoScored! Fabbrini caused him problems, let's just stick to that. 

Didn't realise I wasn't allowed state facts! The only time, in my opinion, that he caused a problem was that run when chucked himself to the ground, and that was because he was about to run into Shackell and both Hendrick and Hanson were struggling with injuries.

Archived