Fans Forum

Day

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question. Not of the panel. But of the fans.

why, after the wolves game will we never see the scarves ever again. Why can we not hold them up every game without being told to do so by the club.  Why, unlike Celtic, Liverpool, every team in Germany, are we such anti scarf wearing/ holding set of fans.

I have a question. Not of the panel. But of the fans.

why, after the wolves game will we never see the scarves ever again. Why can we not hold them up every game without being told to do so by the club.  Why, unlike Celtic, Liverpool, every team in Germany, are we such anti scarf wearing/ holding set of fans.

Good question

The Stone Island boys are far too cool to wear scarves but I think it'll gradually be more popular as the South Stand continues to evolve - its only the 2nd season - and the great work the 1884 group, plus Nick (flagman) and his lot do, will add to the spectacle.

Celtic, Liverpool and some of the German teams are a bit different. Liverpool often have a magnificent rendering of YNWA, with the scarves and banners making a superb show of love for their team yet sometimes can be quiet after that. No one else in England is like them so we're not the only ones......we are probably ahead of a lot of fan groups in at least trying to improve things. We've (I use the royal we here!), influenced the club enough to change the away fans area, something that couldn't be done five years ago because of segregation and police holding cells.....

Its a work in progress, but hopefully we are building a long term seismic change in the way we support our club. The Club itself seem to be doing everything asked of them to facilitate this.

Its up to all of us really to lose our inhibitions slightly and join in the scarf wearing and flag waving or even singing!.

In 2 or 3 years time we will be the benchmark for every other Premier League team in terms of vocal and visual support.

They'll probably do a live youtube stream, they did it before for an u21s game, I think?

I'm going. I put a question along the lines of the merchandising/catering contracts. Usually they just ask those that are waving their hands in the air. 

Those who remember the last few of these know I usually tweet from them, and then create a summary post on here. Not sure I'll bother with the former with it being streamed, but I probably will.

Just remembered the one I did post-Wembley, most liked post ever on this forum, at one point at least... :cool:

Can someone ask on my behalf to Darren Wassall why when given a REAL ace to scout, a lad who was VERY keen to come to Derby and the revered academy but subsequently ended up at Bayern Munich did he not bother to come over and look at the player!! A Swedish U19 International... Thomas Isherwood. 

Follow that up with asking Sam Rush why, when sent a polite and informative email regarding the above, he hasn't replied!! 

You can tell them that when this lad plays his first game for Bayern Munich first team, which he will, and follows up by becoming an England defender I will be reminding them again... 

And yes.. I am still quite cross about it. Delighted for young Isherwood he got such a move to a top European team but bemused by Derby who do obviously look at Sweden ( young kid from FC United 4 div Stockholm team... Think Mickleover sports) and don't take or look at the gift horse... Blizzare...

Can someone ask on my behalf to Darren Wassall why when given a REAL ace to scout, a lad who was VERY keen to come to Derby and the revered academy but subsequently ended up at Bayern Munich did he not bother to come over and look at the player!! A Swedish U19 International... Thomas Isherwood. 

Follow that up with asking Sam Rush why, when sent a polite and informative email regarding the above, he hasn't replied!! 

You can tell them that when this lad plays his first game for Bayern Munich first team, which he will, and follows up by becoming an England defender I will be reminding them again... 

And yes.. I am still quite cross about it. Delighted for young Isherwood he got such a move to a top European team but bemused by Derby who do obviously look at Sweden ( young kid from FC United 4 div Stockholm team... Think Mickleover sports) and don't take or look at the gift horse... Blizzare...

My gguess is that they receive a large number of emails from people touting the next Messi and they automatically bin them as 99.999% are bull plop. 

Archived